PDA

View Full Version : This Sunday's Game is only on NFL Network?...

bigbub2352
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
I am a Time Warner Guy does that mean even the the game is away it will only be on NFL Netwrok? how is that possible any one out there KNow?

hydro
08-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Usually a local station picks up the NFLN exclusive games for the WNY area. Don't know for sure about pre-season though.

bigbub2352
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Usually a local station picks up the NFLN exclusive games for the WNY area. Don't know for sure about pre-season though.

Yeah should be on ABC Channel 7, i hate Time Warner cant wait to switch to Direct TV

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I was under the impression that this week's game was exclusive to NFL Network. I only have TW so as soon as I find out for sure I'll post.

hydro
08-18-2008, 10:07 AM
I was under the impression that this week's game was exclusive to NFL Network. I only have TW so as soon as I find out for sure I'll post.
This region is heavily into Time Warner so one of the local stations should pick up the feed. I know they have for regular season games.

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
This region is heavily into Time Warner so one of the local stations should pick up the feed. I know they have for regular season games.

Our local CBS station shows all the pre-season games since we're in the Bills market. They are listed on the Bills site for the games, but I just assumed that a live game on NFLN was exclusive.

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
According to the online tv guide my local CBS isn't showing it. That makes me think it's exclusive to NFLN.

hydro
08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I fully expect things to change throughout the week.

JJamezz
08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/tvlisting.png

hydro
08-18-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/tvlisting.png

:bf1:

Not that it matters for me as I have dish :snicker:

Bone
08-18-2008, 11:48 AM
If I get another blackout for this game Im going to flip!

TigerJ
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I was under the impression that this week's game was exclusive to NFL Network. I only have TW so as soon as I find out for sure I'll post. I think that only applys to the national broadcast. However, it is not on the TV Guide listings for WKBW on Sunday evening. If not live, Maybe WKBW will be able to have a taped delay rebroadcast later. If not, I'll have to invite myself over to my son's house Sunday evening.

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
If I get another blackout for this game Im going to flip!

Another?

Both games were shown locally.

HughC
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't know if it applies to preseason games, but I thought the NFL's limited antitrust exemption - the ability for the entire league to negotiate television contracts and prevent individual teams from negotiating their own TV contract - called for games to be televised in the home team's market (unless it's a home game that's not sold out) for 'free'.

In other words, those games needed to be available on a local broadcast station and not exclusive to a cable station (espn or nfln) that you have to pay money to get. The law is a bit outdated, since the number of people that get their television signal for 'free' through an antenna is next to nothing at this point, but is still on the books. If I'm not mistaken, any game that is sold out and broadcast on nfln or espn is also simulcast on a local channel in the markets of the two teams that are playing that game.

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
That would be news to me. I remember last season the Pittsburgh game on NFLN wasn't local and the bars were flooded with people.

DrGraves
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
time warner blows i hate it

bigbub2352
08-18-2008, 02:02 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/417571.html
All Set Phew!!!

ublinkwescore
08-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Sure am glad I got Direct TV with DVR.

acehole
08-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I am a Time Warner Guy does that mean even the the game is away it will only be on NFL Netwrok? how is that possible any one out there KNow?

Yes NFL Netwrok the asian version of NFL network.

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 09:46 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/417571.html
All Set Phew!!!

Time Warner Cable announced today that Sunday's preseason game between the Buffalo Bills and the Indianapolis Colts will be shown locally on Ch. 7 and will also be broadcast in HD on Channel 707. The game will start at 8:00 p.m. The game will be broadcast to the rest of the nation on the NFL Network.

JJamezz
08-19-2008, 07:10 AM
I don't know if it applies to preseason games, but I thought the NFL's limited antitrust exemption - the ability for the entire league to negotiate television contracts and prevent individual teams from negotiating their own TV contract - called for games to be televised in the home team's market (unless it's a home game that's not sold out) for 'free'.

In other words, those games needed to be available on a local broadcast station and not exclusive to a cable station (espn or nfln) that you have to pay money to get. The law is a bit outdated, since the number of people that get their television signal for 'free' through an antenna is next to nothing at this point, but is still on the books. If I'm not mistaken, any game that is sold out and broadcast on nfln or espn is also simulcast on a local channel in the markets of the two teams that are playing that game.

AFAIK that is correct.

Yasgur's Farm
08-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Mike Catalana reported yesterday that the home city station (7) can broadcast the game... Unfortunately, Rochester is not considered a home city and therefore 13 will not broadcast it.