PDA

View Full Version : JP to the Pats?????

pintonick96
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Im watching ESPN listening to to them complain about the Pats backup QBs and Im thinking with JP becoming a FA next season, how much you wanna bet that he signs in NE if he cant find a starting job somewhere.

ddaryl
08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
If the Bills are smart they will get a vet in here and put one or 2 of the other QB's on the practice squad. Then mid-year when someone is desperate for a QB on the roster JP might fetch a 3rd rd draft pick, or possibly better if a team is desperate enough.

I hope the Bills at least try to parlay JP into something that benefits us. Of course this depends on how well Edwards plays and stays healthy.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
The Pats are notorious for signing players just to get info, etc. I'm not sure this would have any effect on a deal but...

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 11:16 AM
If the Bills are smart they will get a vet in here and put one or 2 of the other QB's on the practice squad. Then mid-year when someone is desperate for a QB on the roster JP might fetch a 3rd rd draft pick, or possibly better if a team is desperate enough.

I hope the Bills at least try to parlay JP into something that benefits us. Of course this depends on how well Edwards plays and stays healthy.

Smart, but probably wishful thinking. JP's value is so low right now. I think the Bills are content to use him as the back up this year then let him walk.

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
i'd be for trading JP this season if we could get a player in return. it's not worth a pick unless the coaches think baker or hamdan have what it takes to be a servicable backup.

DrGraves
08-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Here is the only problem: The pats only sign good players that help their team win games.

hydro
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Here is the only problem: The pats only sign good players that help their team win games.

For the right price it doesn't matter if they can get valuable information from them. I doubt he would go the Pats anyway. Not like he has a chance to start.

RockStar36
08-18-2008, 11:35 AM
If JP can't get a starting job I could see him signing with NE just to spite Buffalo, but I have a feeling he would go to a lesser team if he had a better chance at playing. Being Brady's backup almost guarantees no playing time.

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 11:37 AM
at it'd be funny. he'd be behind a guy who was a check-down dink and dunker.

Also to go off of Dr. Graves point, JP isn't a 85year old linebacker. The pats will pass.

RedEyE
08-18-2008, 11:55 AM
The Pats have a history of only signing FAs that have beat them at their position in the past. I really don't see this happening. I do think that he has a strong possibility in becoming a Viking next year, however.

DraftBoy
08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
The Pats have a history of only signing FAs that have beat them at their position in the past. I really don't see this happening. I do think that he has a strong possibility in becoming a Viking next year, however.

I dont see why people think Minnesotta needs a QB Tavaris Jackson played extremely well at the end of last season and is poised for a breakout year (before spraining his MCL). It was said when he was drafted he'd need at least 3 years because of how raw he was, he has been steadily improving each year.

ddaryl
08-18-2008, 12:24 PM
i'd be for trading JP this season if we could get a player in return. it's not worth a pick unless the coaches think baker or hamdan have what it takes to be a servicable backup.

I did mention that we would need to sign a vet with both baker and/or Hadman getting placed on the practice squad. Then get a pick for JP midseason...

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
I dont see why people think Minnesotta needs a QB Tavaris Jackson played extremely well at the end of last season and is poised for a breakout year (before spraining his MCL). It was said when he was drafted he'd need at least 3 years because of how raw he was, he has been steadily improving each year.

I'm in total agreement here.

Jackson has looked infinitely better than Losman has during both of their short careers. What sense does it make to dump one young QB who actually looks like he is progressing in his career for a failure?

I can say that about almost every team I've seen people list as possible landing spots for JP as a starter too.

On the original topic, what would NE do sign JP for the week we play the Pats and then release him?

I highly doubt he's an upgrade to Matt Cassell, besides, I'm sure that a backup QB isn't a huge priority for the Pats. Seeing Brady is never hurt.

yordad
08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
If he walks, we could get a comp pick.

pintonick96
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I did mention that we would need to sign a vet with both baker and/or Hadman getting placed on the practice squad. Then get a pick for JP midseason...

Why would you put two QBs on the practice squad? I dont think Hamdan is eligible for it anyways.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM

Weren't we saying the same thing about Losman the season before last (the year he had the come from behind win against the Texans).

ddaryl
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Why would you put two QBs on the practice squad? I dont think Hamdan is eligible for it anyways.

One would get called up as soon as JP was traded, the other is there to continue developing and staying in the system...

but like you said one might not be elidgible... my plan has flaws obviously

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM
he'd be behind a guy who was a check-down dink and dunker.

Brady hasn't been dinking and dunking for years now. Where have you been?

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Brady hasn't just dinked and dunked for years now.

So if a QB starts as a dink and dunker, he could grow into a better QB? no way!!!

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:28 PM
So if a QB starts as a dink and dunker, he could grow into a better QB? no way!!!
why are you changing the subject? Brady is not a dink and dunker like you claimed.

Just to answer your question , yes. He can grow into a deep ball threat. Have I ever said otherwise?

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
not changing the topic. you are the most argumentative poster. brady still isn't known for throwing a great long ball, but he's got some good receivers who go out and get them for him.

The crux of your JP infatuation is on the fact that you don't want to risk finding a better solution. and if that's how you chose to root for the bills thats fine. but stop picking unnecessary fights.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
not changing the topic. you are the most argumentative poster. brady still isn't known for throwing a great long ball, but he's got some good receivers who go out and get them for him. .but he is throwing long balls. Just because I am correcting you ,means I'm argumentative.YOu're the one who creates more JP threads than I do. It's FYI.

How about you just admit you were wrong. Brady is not dink and dunk. he hasn't been for years.

The crux of your JP infatuation is on the fact that you don't want to risk finding a better solution. and if that's how you chose to root for the bills thats fine. but stop picking unnecessary fights.
I am not talking about JP here. Just that you're wrong observation that Brady is a dink and dunk guy. He led the league in 05 without Moss.

Just because I am correcting your false information about Brady doesn't mean you have to make up stuff that I'm infatuated with JP.

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
but he is throwing long balls. Just because I am correcting you ,means I'm argumentative.YOu're the one who creates more JP threads than I do. It's FYI.

How about you just admit you were wrong. Brady is not dink and dunk. he hasn't been for years.

I am not talking about JP here. Just that you're wrong observation that Brady is a dink and dunk guy. He led the league in 05 without Moss.

Just because I am correcting your false information about Brady doesn't mean you have to make up stuff that I'm infatuated with JP.

you're the guy who likes people to go back and read what you wrote. you may want to do the same thing. i said who "was" a dink and dunker. that was what people commented on him at the start of his career.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think JP has done anything to gain a trade.

mybills
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Matt Castle is good? :rofl:

jamze132
08-18-2008, 06:41 PM
The Pats are notorious for signing players just to get info, etc. I'm not sure this would have any effect on a deal but...
I don't think there is anything else to learn about the Bills from the Patriots point of view. They have pretty much destroyed us. Besides, they have undisputable video evidence of all of our practices. :poop:

njsue
08-18-2008, 06:45 PM

They sign players to help them cheat to win games.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Im watching ESPN listening to to them complain about the Pats backup QBs and Im thinking with JP becoming a FA next season, how much you wanna bet that he signs in NE if he cant find a starting job somewhere.

Bill Belicheck is not stupid.

TigerJ
08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
Here is the only problem: The pats only sign good players that help their team win games.They signed Jonathon "Fast Freddie" Smith who had spent some time with the Bills.