JP to the Pats?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pintonick96
    You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
    • Aug 2005

JP to the Pats?????

Im watching ESPN listening to to them complain about the Pats backup QBs and Im thinking with JP becoming a FA next season, how much you wanna bet that he signs in NE if he cant find a starting job somewhere.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: JP to the Pats?????

If the Bills are smart they will get a vet in here and put one or 2 of the other QB's on the practice squad. Then mid-year when someone is desperate for a QB on the roster JP might fetch a 3rd rd draft pick, or possibly better if a team is desperate enough.

I hope the Bills at least try to parlay JP into something that benefits us. Of course this depends on how well Edwards plays and stays healthy.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

The Pats are notorious for signing players just to get info, etc. I'm not sure this would have any effect on a deal but...

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
        If the Bills are smart they will get a vet in here and put one or 2 of the other QB's on the practice squad. Then mid-year when someone is desperate for a QB on the roster JP might fetch a 3rd rd draft pick, or possibly better if a team is desperate enough.

I hope the Bills at least try to parlay JP into something that benefits us. Of course this depends on how well Edwards plays and stays healthy.
        Smart, but probably wishful thinking. JP's value is so low right now. I think the Bills are content to use him as the back up this year then let him walk.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

i'd be for trading JP this season if we could get a player in return. it's not worth a pick unless the coaches think baker or hamdan have what it takes to be a servicable backup.

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

Here is the only problem: The pats only sign good players that help their team win games.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
              Here is the only problem: The pats only sign good players that help their team win games.
              For the right price it doesn't matter if they can get valuable information from them. I doubt he would go the Pats anyway. Not like he has a chance to start.
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

If JP can't get a starting job I could see him signing with NE just to spite Buffalo, but I have a feeling he would go to a lesser team if he had a better chance at playing. Being Brady's backup almost guarantees no playing time.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

at it'd be funny. he'd be behind a guy who was a check-down dink and dunker.

Also to go off of Dr. Graves point, JP isn't a 85year old linebacker. The pats will pass.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

The Pats have a history of only signing FAs that have beat them at their position in the past. I really don't see this happening. I do think that he has a strong possibility in becoming a Viking next year, however.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      The Pats have a history of only signing FAs that have beat them at their position in the past. I really don't see this happening. I do think that he has a strong possibility in becoming a Viking next year, however.
                      I dont see why people think Minnesotta needs a QB Tavaris Jackson played extremely well at the end of last season and is poised for a breakout year (before spraining his MCL). It was said when he was drafted he'd need at least 3 years because of how raw he was, he has been steadily improving each year.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                        i'd be for trading JP this season if we could get a player in return. it's not worth a pick unless the coaches think baker or hamdan have what it takes to be a servicable backup.
                        I did mention that we would need to sign a vet with both baker and/or Hadman getting placed on the practice squad. Then get a pick for JP midseason...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I dont see why people think Minnesotta needs a QB Tavaris Jackson played extremely well at the end of last season and is poised for a breakout year (before spraining his MCL). It was said when he was drafted he'd need at least 3 years because of how raw he was, he has been steadily improving each year.
                          I'm in total agreement here.

Jackson has looked infinitely better than Losman has during both of their short careers. What sense does it make to dump one young QB who actually looks like he is progressing in his career for a failure?

I can say that about almost every team I've seen people list as possible landing spots for JP as a starter too.

On the original topic, what would NE do sign JP for the week we play the Pats and then release him?

I highly doubt he's an upgrade to Matt Cassell, besides, I'm sure that a backup QB isn't a huge priority for the Pats. Seeing Brady is never hurt.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

If he walks, we could get a comp pick.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• pintonick96
                              You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I did mention that we would need to sign a vet with both baker and/or Hadman getting placed on the practice squad. Then get a pick for JP midseason...
                              Why would you put two QBs on the practice squad? I dont think Hamdan is eligible for it anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X