PDA

View Full Version : Before we completely look past Miami....

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 11:18 AM
Chad had a good game and so did Ricky Williams.

The AFC East got alot tougher in the last 2 weeks wether we want to admit it or not.

Let's hope the Bills have stepped up as well.

I still see a sweep on the Fins but it's definately not a "for sure".

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Bump...

BlackMetalNinja
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
keep dreaming Blingy :rofl:

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
keep dreaming Blingy :rofl:

I think a split could happen. Anytime in the NFL where you control the clock, you have a chance to win. We have two great running backs and one of the better game managers in the league, why not?

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:19 PM
There's nowhere for Miami to go but up.

They certainly can't be any worse, can they?

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
There's nowhere for Miami to go but up.

They certainly can't be any worse, can they?

I hope not :ill:

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope not :ill:

nah, I think they'll be improved in the W-L column, but it still won't be enough to get them out of last place.

I do like what they're doing down there though and think bringing in Cam set them back a few years.

Welcome to what us Bills fans have gone through for the better part of a decade!

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
While the last preseason game was definitely encouraging, the Bills aren't good enough to look past anyone.

Miami has made some improvements, but they're still a bad team and inferior to the Bills on paper. However, they also got embarrassed last year and they have something to prove. So while they're in for a long season, they'll probably also pull off a handful of upsets. Buffalo better pay attention.

Bling
08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
nah, I think they'll be improved in the W-L column, but it still won't be enough to get them out of last place.

I do like what they're doing down there though and think bringing in Cam set them back a few years.

Welcome to what us Bills fans have gone through for the better part of a decade!

You're not a Bills fan. You're Browns fan! :rolleyes:

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM

I'm both! damn you!

And I know full well about coaches/ownership/GMs setting franchises back.

I have two franchises I root for as reference points!

DraftBoy
08-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Actually he's quite confused but we're not supposed to talk about it...

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Actually he's quite confused but we're not supposed to talk about it...

Don't make me start whining and crying about people making fun of me on a message board.

You're purposely hurting my feelings.

I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in a milkshake and a case of twinkies now.

DraftBoy
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't make me start whining and crying about people making fun of me on a message board.

You're purposely hurting my feelings.

I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in a milkshake and a case of twinkies now.

Ooh twinkies!

DraftBoy
08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I sent you a present FTY for causing you such sorrow!

:snicker:

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't think anyone doubts that Miami will be better this year but they are still the bottom feeder in the division and are a couple of years away from catching up to the Bills and Jets. Give Parcells a couple more drafts and he'll have a Super Bowl caliber team in place.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
:10:

DraftBoy
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Miami will be much improve imo, 5-6 wins I think is very possible.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
While the last preseason game was definitely encouraging, the Bills aren't good enough to look past anyone.

Miami has made some improvements, but they're still a bad team and inferior to the Bills on paper. However, they also got embarrassed last year and they have something to prove. So while they're in for a long season, they'll probably also pull off a handful of upsets. Buffalo better pay attention.

Based on what?

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Based on what?

For starters: old D, QB issues (although Pennington helps), no WR's, Ronnie Brown's injury history, new inexperienced head coach, no depth.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
I sent you a present FTY for causing you such sorrow!

:snicker:

:rofl:

now I am gonna cry, I'm so touched to get a gift.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
For starters: old D, QB issues (although Pennington helps), no WR's, Ronnie Brown's injury history, new inexperienced head coach, no depth.

Our D is very very young, Pennington is much much better then Edwards, The Bills have 1 WR and even he only has (1) 1000 yard season in his career, other then that the Bills have no WR's surely no probowl WR's. We don't need Ronnie to play this year we have plenty of depth at RB starting with Ricky Williams who's as healthy as he's ever been and having a great preseason, I'll take our inexperienced HC over your losing HC any day of the week, especially when you consider BP office is right next door to TS. Miami's depth is no worse then the Bills, infact Miami will have first shot at the waiver wires and BP will be using it to add players that will slip through teams fingers, players teams won't want to release, but have to, to make the final roster.

I think Bill fans are way to confident in what they have, obfiously you don't finish each of the last two seasons with nearly the worst offense and defense because you're talented, you also don't finish 7-9 two years in a row cause you have good coaching.

gr8slayer
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Pennington will lead the Dolphins to the Super Bowl because STD said so!

hydro
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Our D is very very young, Pennington is much much better then Edwards, The Bills have 1 WR and even he only has (1) 1000 yard season in his career, other then that the Bills have no WR's surely no probowl WR's. We don't need Ronnie to play this year we have plenty of depth at RB starting with Ricky Williams who's as healthy as he's ever been and having a great preseason, I'll take our inexperienced HC over your losing HC any day of the week, especially when you consider BP office is right next door to TS. Miami's depth is no worse then the Bills, infact Miami will have first shot at the waiver wires and BP will be using it to add players that will slip through teams fingers, players teams won't want to release, but have to, to make the final roster.

I think Bill fans are way to confident in what they have, obfiously you don't finish each of the last two seasons with nearly the worst offense and defense because you're talented, you also don't finish 7-9 two years in a row cause you have good coaching.

So you think the Bills will have a worse record than the Dolphins?

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
So you think the Bills will have a worse record than the Dolphins?

I think both teams are the same right now, as far as predictions.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I don't think the Bills should look past any team. They have proven nothing so far.

Bling
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
For starters: old D,

Usually I like your posts, Op, but I don't think you've watched Miami's depth chart lately. We're far from old anymore. Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Matt Roth, Randy Starks, Philling Merling, Kendall Langford, Charlie Anderson, Channing Crowder, Reggie Torbor aren't old guys. There's also some great depth along the DL (except for the NT position). The old guys are just Ferguson, Holliday and Porter.

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Based on what?

Well I would base it on the final results of last season and mix in both teams gaining a nice mix of new talent. If you keep everything near even for improvements for either team, you'll be more competitive this season and should be pulling out of the NFL cellar. I would not expect a huge leap to anything over 6 wins, at best. I would not expect Miami to be in the same category as the Bills in final results this season.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Stop arguing with this guy. Wait till the games are played.

justasportsfan
Usually I like your posts, Op, but I don't think you've watched Miami's depth chart lately. We're far from old anymore. Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Matt Roth, Randy Starks, Philling Merling, Kendall Langford, Charlie Anderson, Channing Crowder, Reggie Torbor aren't old guys. There's also some great depth along the DL (except for the NT position). The old guys are just Ferguson, Holliday and Porter.
the fins are actually one of , if not the youngest team.

JerseyBoofaloBills
I think a split could happen. Anytime in the NFL where you control the clock, you have a chance to win. We have two great running backs and one of the better game managers in the league, why not?

correction..1 solid running back, and 1 runningback who really hasn't done much of anything ever since coming back from his pot vacation.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
don't forget the solid RB is coming back from his knee exploding last year.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Well I would base it on the final results of last season and mix in both teams gaining a nice mix of new talent. If you keep everything near even for improvements for either team, you'll be more competitive this season and should be pulling out of the NFL cellar. I would not expect a huge leap to anything over 5 wins, at best.

Well if that's how you base it, then why aren't you considering Miami finished ranked higher on both sides of the ball then the Bills? With that said, I think anyone who bases anything on the end of last year doesn't really understand the game. Miami isn't anywheres near the same team now they were at the end of last season so to base anything off the final results is irrelevant, not to metion just plain dumb.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM

ya thats true..we really have nothing to worry about..The Fish are definitly heading in the right direction no doubt about it, should be fun to see what they do now with pennington an stuff..i dont think the bills have to worry at all though..just MO.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Stop arguing with this guy. Wait till the games are played.

This is called expressing an opinion, hardly a violation.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 01:37 PM

Ricky's knees are fine Ronnie doesn't need to hurry back, we're fine...but you already knew this.

Bling
08-18-2008, 01:39 PM
correction..1 solid running back, and 1 runningback who really hasn't done much of anything ever since coming back from his pot vacation.

He looked great in both preseason games. You might want to prepare yourself now, because the ass raping is going to hurt Oct 26.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
This is called expressing an opinion, hardly a violation.
Who said it was?? I am kinda with you on this issue man. I know the Fins have added talent. I would no way guarantee the Bills would win both games again. Especially with no home games VS the Dolphins.

ScottLawrence
08-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Pennington is much better then Edwards?

You can certainly argue he is better considering Pennington has put up some solid numbers in his career compared to Edward's one season in the league, but much better is an extreme exageration considering Penningtons recent history in the league.

Ricky Williams hasn't played in the NFL consistently for several years, who knows what contribution to you're team he'll have if any.

I completely disagree with you in that the Dolphins depth is the same as the Bills. The Bills practically played all year long with backups starting game in and game out. They now have much valued experience as many backups such as John DiGiorgio, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, Bryan Scott, Fred Jackson, and Keith Ellison all showed they can play and play very well in their respective roles.

I think both teams are the same right now, as far as predictions.

I don't understand how you can say this when the Dolphins won one game out of a total of 16 while the Bills won seven last year.

We swept them last year.

Both teams improved in the offseason, but what exactly did the Dolphins do to equal the talent and number of wins the Bills accomplished last year?

ublinkwescore
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
1.Our D is very very young, Pennington is much much better then Edwards,

2. The Bills have 1 WR and even he only has (1) 1000 yard season in his career, other then that the Bills have no WR's surely no probowl WR's.

3. We don't need Ronnie to play this year we have plenty of depth at RB starting with Ricky Williams who's as healthy as he's ever been and having a great preseason

4. I'll take our inexperienced HC over your losing HC any day of the week, especially when you consider BP office is right next door to TS.

5. Miami's depth is no worse then the Bills, infact Miami will have first shot at the waiver wires and BP will be using it to add players that will slip through teams fingers, players teams won't want to release, but have to, to make the final roster.

1. Buffalo's got a young D with a lot of players entering their primes or in the early stages of their primes - not to mention continuity of scheme and coordinator - that is big - our D will be much improved and I expect the number of turnovers to increase. I don't know too much about Miami's D but I did see them get burned by Edwards' arm last season.

2. Lee Evans is still better than anything the Dolphins have. Only a fool would try to debate this. Hardy will eventually take pressure off of Evans and when that happens, look for Evans to make the probowl on a regular basis (not that I think the probowl is anything more than a popularity contest to give players leverage in contract negotiations).

3. We've got great running back depth too - among the best in the league - I think Jackson could be a starter for quite a few other teams (see Chicago). You mean you guys got "Rasta" Ricky Williams back again??? Let me know how that works out.

4. Your inexperienced coach has done less than ours has - I think ours could possibly have his $#!t together time will tell right now it's almost a stalemate - but I'd give us the nod because we've had pretty much the same staff and schemes for the 3rd year in a row - I know it's gotta kill you inside to hear various media personalities jumping on our bandwagon - but it's not without reason.

5. Most of those players will prove to have been scrubs for a reason - again, let me know how that works out.

ublinkwescore
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
the last paragraph that I didn't embolden - let me just say this - our D may have been ranked pretty low, but it was effective at getting us the ball back - too bad our O was anemic - but that all centers around Trent Edwards - if he plays the way he did in our second preseason game, look for us to make the playoffs - possibly taking the first wild card.

John Doe
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM

I actually think that the Farve deal improved the Dolphins more than the Jets. Pennington is someone that they needed desperately - he clarified the QB situation overnight. He is a very smart player.

Plus, the offensive line has some talent and Ginn is in his second year. If he can play as consistantly as he did in the last preseason game and stay healthy he will be a real threat.

I don't know what to make of the defense yet, although the seem more energetic that when the team was built on older guys.

The Bills will have a much harder time with the Fins than projected before Pennington joine the team.

Captain gameboy
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=feelthepain]Our D is very very young, Pennington is much much better then Edwards[/QUOTE

So the Bills beat the Jets twice last year.
The first game was Edwards' first start.

As I recall the second was the game that got Pennington benched for the duration, as the Jets finally gave upon him.
Edwards got hurt and JP threw one up for grabs that Evans took in for a score.

I remember making a comment during that game that Pennington had the worst arm I can recall seeing-ever.

Whatever he is this year, it is preposterous to say that he is "much, much better than Edwards, "and I expect that Trent Edwards would garner much more interest in the NFL open market than Chad did after his immediate jettisoning by his team in New York.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Pennington is much better then Edwards?

You can certainly argue he is better considering Pennington has put up some solid numbers in his career compared to Edward's one season in the league, but much better is an extreme exageration considering Penningtons recent history in the league.

Chad has far better numbers, far more experience and is playing in the same division he's played in his whole career. Whenever the Bills do soemthing like a below avg performance by their QB Bill fans see greatness, whenever the same Bill fans see it in another QB that doesn't wear a Bills uniform, they see nothing but their faults. It's not surprising you see Chad as hardly mcuh better then Trent.

Ricky Williams hasn't played in the NFL consistently for several years, who knows what contribution to you're team he'll have if any.

Go ahead and look past Ricky, you'll wish you hadn't.

I completely disagree with you in that the Dolphins depth is the same as the Bills. The Bills practically played all year long with backups starting game in and game out. They now have much valued experience as many backups such as John DiGiorgio, George Wilson, Jabari Greer, Bryan Scott, Fred Jackson, and Keith Ellison all showed they can play and play very well in their respective roles.

Healthy unhealthy, starters or backups the Bills results are the same the last two seasons the Bills results have been the same. Just because your backups were forced to play because of injury doesn't make them better. Aslo your Defense was the only side of the ball injured last year your offense was healthy and yet they did no better then the year before. You backuos were hardly superstars and hardlky set the league on fire.

I don't understand how you can say this when the Dolphins won one game out of a total of 16 while the Bills won seven last year.

We swept them last year.

Both teams improved in the offseason, but what exactly did the Dolphins do to equal the talent and number of wins the Bills accomplished last year?

I can say this cause the Bills were hardly a playoff team the last two years and the Dolphins ar not even close to the same twam they were last year. This is a new season for both teams and Miami has by far made more changes especially to the FO andn coaching staffs. The Bills have remained the same team as far as coaching and philosophy and we've seen what they can do. I think the Bills are eiser to predict right now then the Dolphins, but since neither team has played a game, I'll simply say their both equal right now.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Chad has far better numbers, far more experience and is playing in the same division he's played in his whole career. Whenever the Bills do soemthing like a below avg performance by their QB Bill fans see greatness, whenever the same Bill fans see it in another QB that doesn't wear a Bills uniform, they see nothing but their faults. It's not surprising you see Chad as hardly mcuh better then Trent.

Healthy unhealthy, starters or backups the Bills results are the same the last two seasons the Bills results have been the same. Just because your backups were forced to play because of injury doesn't make them better. Aslo your Defense was the only side of the ball injured last year your offense was healthy and yet they did no better then the year before. You backuos were hardly superstars and hardlky set the league on fire.

I can say this cause the Bills were hardly a playoff team the last two years and the Dolphins ar not even close to the same twam they were last year. This is a new season for both teams and Miami has by far made more changes especially to the FO andn coaching staffs. The Bills have remained the same team as far as coaching and philosophy and we've seen what they can do. I think the Bills are eiser to predict right now then the Dolphins, but since neither team has played a game, I'll simply say their both equal right now.

I would easily rather have Edwards at this point than Pennington.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
I would easily rather have Edwards at this point than Pennington.

From a Bill fan that's a huge surprise (sarcasm). Lets not forget Chad is just here to help this tesm settle down and imporve offensively. We still have several young QB's on the roster, it's not like we have nothing beyond Pennington. Chad also has a chip on his shoulder cause he felt he shouldn't have been released by the Jets and now he's with a team he knows respects what he brings. BP drafted Chad and BP believes in Chad. He may not win the SB with the Dolphins but he's got more then enough motivation to prove the Jets made a mistake.

On the other hand Trent doesn't have to worry about anything, JP's so bad he's not a threat at all to Trent's future. Good thing or bad? For a young QB, I say bad.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Gin will be forced to run short routes with Chad as the qb.

I will never underestimate anyone even the crappy fish. People can die from the stink.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
FTP " blah,blah,blahblah,"

Bills beat the fish. He disappears.

Then he shows up later and says, it's all about the rankings not the record.

Typical.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 03:11 PM

I stand corrected on the age of the Dolphins' D.

The Bills definitely have questionable receivers as well, but our questionable receivers got us to 7-9 last year and at least we added Hardy (I don't expect much from him in his rookie season but at least we have a big target now).

It's been years since RW has finished a season and I don't think he can be trusted to be in shape. If Brown stays healthy and RW is only used situationally, he'll be fine. But if he has to see extended action, you're in trouble.

As far as waivers, that's great if it happens but so far it hasn't.

I think Miami's taking steps to improve, but that team is such a disaster that it's going to take a few years to get it straightened out.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 03:30 PM
I stand corrected on the age of the Dolphins' D.

The Bills definitely have questionable receivers as well, but our questionable receivers got us to 7-9 last year and at least we added Hardy (I don't expect much from him in his rookie season but at least we have a big target now).

I said based on what, that was two of your reasons.

It's been years since RW has finished a season and I don't think he can be trusted to be in shape. If Brown stays healthy and RW is only used situationally, he'll be fine. But if he has to see extended action, you're in trouble.

Ricky is as healthy as he's ever been. No he hasn't played in the NFL in the last couple of seasons, but he also hasn't taken the pounding either. He's still young enough to where without the abuse, he should be able to pickup right where he left off. He's had a very nice camp and pre season. I think Ronnie should sit and HEAL 100% while Ricky becomes the feature back.

As far as waivers, that's great if it happens but so far it hasn't.

It hasn't happened yet cause the cuts haven't come yet.

I think Miami's taking steps to improve, but that team is such a disaster that it's going to take a few years to get it straightened out.

This is the biggest problem with Bill fans, they look at their situation and think they're better then they are and look at others situations and think they are worse then they are. Miami biggest issues outside of losing Zach, Ronnie, Chris, Trent and Yeremiah was their poor coaching. This Dolphin product this year is nothing like the product we put on the filed from week 6 on last year...not even close.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
This is the biggest problem with Bill fans, they look at their situation and think they're better then they are and look at others situations and think they are worse then they are..
Ftp quoted the wrong person when he said this.Duh!

Miami biggest issues outside of losing Zach, Ronnie, Chris, Trent and Yeremiah was their poor coaching. ..but every year ftp claims their coaches are better .DUH!

After years of blasting Chad, all of a sudden he talks up chad because they hired him. Chad will contribute as much as Bennie and MUlarkey did for the fins.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 03:39 PM
This is the biggest problem with Bill fans, they look at their situation and think they're better then they are and look at others situations and think they are worse then they are. Miami biggest issues outside of losing Zach, Ronnie, Chris, Trent and Yeremiah was their poor coaching. This Dolphin product this year is nothing like the product we put on the filed from week 6 on last year...not even close.

Look, I'm the first one to admit the Bills have problems. I'm thinking we're headed towards another mediocre 7-9.

But the Dolphins are coming off a 1-15 year. They have a new coach, a new offensive system (not sure about the D), a handful of inexperienced QB's and one experienced but limited QB, some good offensive linemen but some question marks as well, etc. They made some key improvements, but even if they improve 5 games in 1 year (which is HUGE- teams rarely do that) it gets them to 6-10.

You can sit here and list of all the Bills' problems, and I'll agree with you on most if not all of them. But the Dolphins lost to the Bills twice last year and finished 6 games behind them in the standings. You can argue how much better the Bills got in the off-season, but we certainly didn't get worse. And the Dolphins, while better, have done nothing to make me think they've closed the 6-game gap between the two teams.

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 03:46 PM
FTP:

I posted that you semed to have played a good pre-season game over the weekend and we should be mindful of it.

I come back later and it's a rip on the Bills. Can you have a reality check?!
Seriously?!

Nobody, including your own coaches and management, expect much out of your club this year.

The Bills and Miami are not even close as far as talent. We have a two year head start in building a contender.

You didn't end up at 1-15 because you guys were close.

To sit there and act like the Bills and Fins are equals is ridiculous. You wouldn't find a fan of the other 30 teams in this league to agree with you so please stop the nonsense.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:47 PM
You wouldn't find a fan of the other 30 teams in this league to agree with you so please stop the nonsense.

he has six voices in his head.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Look, I'm the first one to admit the Bills have problems. I'm thinking we're headed towards another mediocre 7-9.

But the Dolphins are coming off a 1-15 year. They have a new coach, a new offensive system (not sure about the D), a handful of inexperienced QB's and one experienced but limited QB, some good offensive linemen but some question marks as well, etc. They made some key improvements, but even if they improve 5 games in 1 year (which is HUGE- teams rarely do that) it gets them to 6-10.

You can sit here and list of all the Bills' problems, and I'll agree with you on most if not all of them. But the Dolphins lost to the Bills twice last year and finished 6 games behind them in the standings. You can argue how much better the Bills got in the off-season, but we certainly didn't get worse. And the Dolphins, while better, have done nothing to make me think they've closed the 6-game gap between the two teams.

You also seem to forget that in both the Bills visories over the Dolphins last year, Ricky, Ronnie, Trent Zach Chris and Yeremiah, plus a host of other Dolphin playerrs did not play in either game. If you're going to use the "we beat you twice last year" as some kinda gauge as to where these two teams stand then don't ignore the facts to do so. Bufflo has proven nothing in the last 8 years, but because you won 7 games that puts your team on some other level? I don't think so.

I said these two teams are the same right now and my view of the two teams is far more relistic then Bill fans view. The Bills went 7-9 who's to say they won't go 3-13 this year? Nothing, there are no guarantees. My point is neither the Dolphins or Bills have done much to prove one is better then the other, the Bills had more wins last year, but had worse statistics. You can't simply choose whatever makes your team look better and say your better because the number favors your team. The Bills would have to be better in all stages for the Bills to actually be considered the better team.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
FTP:

I posted that you semed to have played a good pre-season game over the weekend and we should be mindful of it.

As you should any division foe.

I come back later and it's a rip on the Bills. Can you have a reality check?!
Seriously?!

So because I'm not on the boat with all the "Bills are playoff bound" fans I'm ripping on the Bills? I think you need the reality check. There are far more statistics that would support my opinion of the Bills then Bill fans opinion they are anywheres near a playoff team.

Nobody, including your own coaches and management, expect much out of your club this year.

You couldn't be more wrong, not one player on the Dolphins roster want to hear the word "rebuild" they get angry whenever a report mentions the word. Obvioulsy the coaching staff and FO have made it clear we want to win NOW.

The Bills and Miami are not even close as far as talent. We have a two year head start in building a contender.

Well your entitled to your opinion. I think there is little you have to offer in the way of proof to support your opinion.

You didn't end up at 1-15 because you guys were close.

And your team was 7-9 with the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense the last 2 years with just 2 wins against winning teams in the last 32 games cause that's what you have. You don't produce those kinda numbers consistantly cause your better then your record.

To sit there and act like the Bills and Fins are equals is ridiculous. You wouldn't find a fan of the other 30 teams in this league to agree with you so please stop the nonsense.

And you wouldn't find 31 other team fans that would believe the Giants would go from a wildcard team to winning all their road playoff games and then beat the undefeated 16-0 NE Pats in the SB...but they did. Obviously winning doesn't hindge on fans opinions. Obviously we aren't the same team we were last year, but you want to ignore those facts cause you think your team is always better then it is. Lats year the Bills were a playoff team cause they had the best Oline in the league and a young QB ready to take that next step, howd that work out for the Bills?

My opinion of Miami and Buffalo is a realistic opinion, it isn't based on me hating the Bills and loving the Fins it's based on more then just one statistic.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 05:05 PM
You also seem to forget that in both the Bills visories over the Dolphins last year, Ricky, Ronnie, Trent Zach Chris and Yeremiah, plus a host of other Dolphin playerrs did not play in either game. If you're going to use the "we beat you twice last year" as some kinda gauge as to where these two teams stand then don't ignore the facts to do so. Bufflo has proven nothing in the last 8 years, but because you won 7 games that puts your team on some other level? I don't think so.

I said these two teams are the same right now and my view of the two teams is far more relistic then Bill fans view. The Bills went 7-9 who's to say they won't go 3-13 this year? Nothing, there are no guarantees. My point is neither the Dolphins or Bills have done much to prove one is better then the other, the Bills had more wins last year, but had worse statistics. You can't simply choose whatever makes your team look better and say your better because the number favors your team. The Bills would have to be better in all stages for the Bills to actually be considered the better team.

And guess what? Posluzny, Ko Simpson, McKelvin, Hardy, Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Kawika Mitchell didn't play against the Dolphins last year, so that argument goes both ways.

The Bills won head to head TWICE. The Bills had a better record. The Bills had a decent off-season. There is no legitimate argument to say that the Dolphins are a better team than the Bills right now.

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
And guess what? Posluzny, Ko Simpson, McKelvin, Hardy, Stroud, Spencer Johnson and Kawika Mitchell didn't play against the Dolphins last year, so that argument goes both ways.

The Bills won head to head TWICE. The Bills had a better record. The Bills had a decent off-season. There is no legitimate argument to say that the Dolphins are a better team than the Bills right now.

No it doesn't cause half those players weren't on your team last year and the other half couldn't come close to talent lost of just Zach, Ronnie and Chris, not to mention Trent and yeremiah. You can't use talent you never had as a reason why your team didn't play well last year.

acehole
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
hhahahaha on man thanks HH I needed that..

The AFC East got alot tougher in the last 2 weeks wether we want to admit it or not.

PcA125
08-18-2008, 08:33 PM

and how many of our starters were out?

SpillerThrills
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Guys, I think all of us Bills fans just have to realize that Chad Pennington never did much for the Jets, but he's going to bring the Dolphins out of the cellar, past the Bills and make them into a playoff contender. man do I wish that we had Chad (who's had how many shoulder surgery's?) instead of a young guy like Trent who actually has an upside. man are we gonna suck!

ScottLawrence
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM

Chad does have better numbers 8 years in the league compared to Edward's one year in 2007. He played slightly better then Edwards last year with 10 TD 9 INT's and an 86 passer rating starting 8 games while Edwards had 7 TD and 8 INT's and an 70 passer rating in 9 games.

Explain to me how you consider those numbers are "much" better then Edwards?

I see Chad as a solid veteran QB who will is nothing moren than an average starter. The guy had one good year in 2002 and an ok year in 2004.

It's not hard to look past Ricky considering he hasn't done much in the NFL since 2003.

Who expects backups to be superstars and set the league on fire? Did I say they were? No, I said they performed admirably filling in for injuried starters and the experience they got can only be better for the depth of the team.

The Bills were hardly a playoff team the last two years? They went into week 15 the past two seasons at 7-7 with a playoff seed on the line. They have been in playoff contention until the very end the last two years.

Why do you think the Dolphins made so many moves in the offseason?They were
the worst team in the league with a pathetic 1-15 record. Of course they made more moves then the Bills.

Buffalo had lost their OC in Steve Fairchild in the offseason(thank god) therefore you are wrong in saying they have remained the same in coaching and philosophy.

Going by you're logic, the Bills are better then the Dolphins because they swept them last year and won 6 more games than the Dolphins did.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM
How often does a team get swept 3 years in a row?

feelthepain
08-18-2008, 10:45 PM
How often does a team get swept 3 years in a row?

Miami swept the Bill for an enitre decade.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Miami swept the Bill for an enitre decade.was that the decade before you moved to your parents basement?

mysticsoto
08-19-2008, 05:42 AM
No it doesn't cause half those players weren't on your team last year and the other half couldn't come close to talent lost of just Zach, Ronnie and Chris, not to mention Trent and yeremiah. You can't use talent you never had as a reason why your team didn't play well last year.

As usual you are clueless...you missed Op's point. Op is saying that without those people, we still whooped you and now, with their acquirement in the offseason (as well as starters returning) we are that much better off. So if you couldn't beat us last year without them...how are you going to beat us this year with them?

Go ahead, try and spin something out of that...listen to the 4th voice talking in your head...and come up with some bull***** reason why none of those guys will improve us...

mysticsoto
08-19-2008, 05:43 AM

FTP resorting to the past again? Poor guy can't live in the present b'cse his team sucks so bad!!! Pop a pill, sit back and just watch your teletubbies quietly...

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 05:48 AM
As usual you are clueless...you missed Op's point. Op is saying that without those people, we still whooped you and now, with their acquirement in the offseason (as well as starters returning) we are that much better off. So if you couldn't beat us last year without them...how are you going to beat us this year with them?

Go ahead, try and spin something out of that...listen to the 4th voice talking in your head...and come up with some bull***** reason why none of those guys will improve us...You didn't exactly "whip" us in Miami

mysticsoto
08-19-2008, 05:58 AM
You didn't exactly "whip" us in Miami

No, in Miami it was close, but the 2nd game we whooped you. And I still remember the year before where we got like...7 sacks in 1 game...

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 07:45 AM
No, in Miami it was close, but the 2nd game we whooped you. And I still remember the year before where we got like...7 sacks in 1 game...Just saying. Unfortunately I witnessed the game in Buffalo in person:sadwalk:

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Just saying. Unfortunately I witnessed the game in Buffalo in person:sadwalk:

It was nice to meet you though....

Without reading this entire thread, no team can look past another team. Hell, Miami beat the Pats two years in a row.

Although I am still waiting to hear from FTP how the loss of their best player (arguably) does NOT have a negative impact on the Dolphins.

mysticsoto
08-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Just saying. Unfortunately I witnessed the game in Buffalo in person:sadwalk:

You should have came this year instead...neither of us will have home field advantage. :(

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 08:42 AM
He looked great in both preseason games. You might want to prepare yourself now, because the ass raping is going to hurt Oct 26.

wowww he looked good in preseason..im soo scared? an as far the ass raping goes, im sure you would love that wouldn't you?

Please dude, until i see ricky ***** on the field an actually playing in the regular season, then maybe ill be concerned..an for ronnie, coming off a knee injury, until i see him on the field regular season game, being hit low at the knees by starters..then im really not that concerned..so as you can see, im really preparing myself for another sweep, cause chad didnt do **** against us on the jets, now he's on a worse team an im supposed to be scared? nah, aint happening..sweeeeeep.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm prepared to look past Miami.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 09:47 AM
And that was the 70's. In this new age of football how often does it happen? BTW, I am on your side. I don't think the Bills will sweep Miami again this year.

justasportsfan
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
You didn't exactly "whip" us in Miami
1 point or 50 pts. Doesn't matter . We won, I say we whipped you.

feelthepain
08-19-2008, 10:38 AM
And that was the 70's. In this new age of football how often does it happen? BTW, I am on your side. I don't think the Bills will sweep Miami again this year.

I don't know how many times have the Pats beaten you as of late? Didn't they sweep you the last two seasons?

Wally The Barber
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
Sure it is tougher, but I enjoy the competition.

SpillerThrills
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't know how many times have the Pats beaten you as of late? Didn't they sweep you the last two seasons?

what are you a closet patriots fan now too??? your losing the "miami is a far better team than buffalo" argument so now you switch to a different team..... do your mom and dad know that your wasting their electricity on your computer making idiotic remarks?

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 12:13 PM

Does not mean they are a better team.

:str8face:

feelthepain
08-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Does not mean they are a better team.

:str8face:

Well lets see, you're obviously using the same analogy with the Pats as I use with the Bills...I'm assuming. But, are both situation the same? Are the Pats the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense the last two years? Nooo, are the Pats on an 9 year playoff drought? Nooo, have the Pats just produced back to back 7-9 seasons? Noooo, do the Pats have a HC with a losing record? NO!!!

Do all the difference's above between Miami and Buffalo and Buffalo and NE stop you from making the same comparison, No. But you do it anyways. I hope I was helpful in pointing out the obvious.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM

I think the Fins will be improved but it is impossible to say how much. This year's offense will probably have 10 new players at their positions compared to the opening day roster last season. They will have 6 - 7 changes on defense as well. Coupled with the completely new coaching staff, there is no way to predict how they will compare to last year.

On offense, the Bills are relying on improvements from Edwards and Lynch in their second years, improved continuity on the OL, contributions from a rookie WR, and a new (first time) OC. Nothing else has changed. The defense gets a number of changes due to acquisitions and returning injured players. There is still uncertainty on how well they will play.

Goobylal
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
The Bills have some question marks, but nowhere near as many as the Dols. Changing head coach and coordinators, 2 of whom (Sparano and Pasqualoni) are rookies at their positions, going to a 3-4, relying on at least 4 rookies, losing their best player (Taylor), and being so young, is a lot for fans of that team to expect more than a couple more wins than last year. Pennington is a better QB than what they had, but his performances haven't been that great outside of at best 2 seasons, the last one which was 4 years ago.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Well lets see, you're obviously using the same analogy with the Pats as I use with the Bills...I'm assuming. But, are both situation the same? Are the Pats the 30th ranked offense and the 31st ranked defense the last two years? Nooo, are the Pats on an 9 year playoff drought? Nooo, have the Pats just produced back to back 7-9 seasons? Noooo, do the Pats have a HC with a losing record? NO!!!

Do all the difference's above between Miami and Buffalo and Buffalo and NE stop you from making the same comparison, No. But you do it anyways. I hope I was helpful in pointing out the obvious.

AND another thing..dolphins suck, and you can't argue it cause i have facts..1-15 there ya go..an i dont care what ya have to say..you have no argument there..bills 7-9, 2-0 against the dolphins..no argument there, we're clearly better than you.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Want me to point something obvious out to you...

YOU'RE AN IDIOT! you make absolutely no sesne when you post, you could possibly be the dumbest poster on this board..I would put palodian warrior infront of you..i really can't stand you, i just keep wondering why are you here..why?
Dude, if FTP ever left I don't know what I would do. His posts bring more comedy to this board than anyone else. FTP, please don't ever leave.

VeggieMan14
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
AND another thing..dolphins suck, and you can't argue it cause i have facts..1-15 there ya go..an i dont care what ya have to say..you have no argument there..bills 7-9, 2-0 against the dolphins..no argument there, we're clearly better than you.:rockon:

tat2dmike77
08-19-2008, 10:42 PM

Wait cause noodle arm goes to the dolphins and ricky has a decent PRESEASON game all of the sudden the dolphins got better.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
1 point or 50 pts. Doesn't matter . We won, I say we whipped you.:bs:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:58 PM
:bs:
Oh come on now, had you all beat us you would be saying the same thing.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:58 PM
No because I am realistic unlike Justa

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
No because I am realistic unlike Justa
So you wouldn't be satisfied with a win against us whether it's by 1? Wins are hard to come by, as long as you win who cares how you do it?

VeggieMan14
08-19-2008, 11:02 PM
So you wouldn't be satisfied with a win against us whether it's by 1? Wins are hard to come by, as long as you win who cares how you do it? especially if you are the dolphins

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 11:03 PM
So you wouldn't be satisfied with a win against us whether it's by 1? Wins are hard to come by, as long as you win who cares how you do it?I am satisfied with any win but if we won by one point, I would not be saying we whipped you

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
especially if you are the dolphinsIf any team gets a win they should be satisfied....not just the Fins:rolleyes:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I am satisfied with any win but if we won by one point, I would not be saying we whipped you
I would, it's a division rival, you're a fan of that rival, what else do you expect from the oppositions message board? I guarantee you if the Dolphins beat us this year your boy, FTP, will be gloating about it all year.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I would, it's a division rival, you're a fan of that rival, what else do you expect from the oppositions message board? I guarantee you if the Dolphins beat us this year your boy, FTP, will be gloating about it all year.Yeah he will. I will only gloat for a little while. Karma is a *****

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Yeah he will. I will only gloat for a little while. Karma is a *****
It always comes back around, especially in the age of free agency.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 11:08 PM
indeed

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I am satisfied with any win but if we won by one point, I would not be saying we whipped you

we owned you last year, We get to call the fins whatever we want. Beeeiotch!