PDA

View Full Version : IF/WHEN Peters does not come back...

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Let's say two weeks go by, and it's status quo with his holdout.....

1) Does he go on some kind of reserve/retired list?

2)What are our cap implications?

3)Anybody out there we could sign as a 1 season stopgap?

Typ0
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I hope OBD holds steady and firm on this issue. He can go ahead and not play all season. Tell his agent their offer is going down day by day and then we aren't interested if he doesn't get into camp next week. This guy has been given a huge opportunity here and has yet to really prove himself. He's under contract and the season will not count if he holds out. Screw him he should be practicing with the team.

Romes
08-18-2008, 09:56 PM
1) He already is on the reserve-did not report list http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/407516.html
2) I don't know about cap but since he doesn't count as a roster spot and the Bills don't have to pay him until he shows up. My assumption would be that he doesn't count against the cap.
3) Probably not, atleast no one that could come in and learn the offense better than anyone currently on the roster.

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 09:59 PM
2) I don't know about cap but since he doesn't count as a roster spot and the Bills don't have to pay him until he shows up. My assumption would be that he doesn't count against the cap.

He counts or else the Pats would have half of their roster hold out. The boys, the skins, the giants would be onboard as well with that.

Mad Max
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
He's coming back. Ralphie boy's a cheap bastard no doubt, but he's also a very smart cheap bastard. One way or the other Peters remains a Bill.

VeggieMan14
08-18-2008, 10:59 PM
He's coming back. Ralphie boy's a cheap bastard no doubt, but he's also a very smart cheap bastard. One way or the other Peters remains a Bill.lets hope he is a smart cheap bastard

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-19-2008, 07:20 AM
I think Peters will come back eventually....he would be killing his career to miss any regular season games.....and killing his chances for another contract by mailing it in if/when he does report. I think it would be an entirely different ballgame if he had 1 or 2 years left....but with 3 left he really has no choice.

It doesn't seem that his salary could count against the cap if we are not paying him.....

That said....maybe he is young and ignorant enough that skipping the season would not be outside the realm of possibility. It sounds impossible, but I guess it isn't.
In that event, I think it would be necessary to sign a FA tackle. I don't know who will be available, but I would guess that after cut downs, there might be someone either released or on a practice squad we could use.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
He does not count against the cap while on the reserve list.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2008, 07:32 AM
He's coming back. Ralphie boy's a cheap bastard no doubt, but he's also a very smart cheap bastard. One way or the other Peters remains a Bill.
This issue has nothing to do with Ralph being cheap. It has everything to do with Peters' and his agent's lack of ethics and good faith.

dannyek71
08-19-2008, 07:34 AM
This issue has nothing to do with Ralph being cheap. It has everything to do with Peters' and his agent's lack of ethics and good faith.

Agreed. When guys like Schobel wanted more $$$, they reported to camp and the Bills worked with them. Peters doesn't show up to camp, so the Bills don't pay him. Pretty simple.

ddaryl
08-19-2008, 07:38 AM

The peters holdout has absolulty nothing to do with being cheap. It's about rewarding the guys who deserve it and SHOW THE **** UP WHEN THEY HAVE 3 YEARS LEFT ON THEIR RECENT EXTENSION.

There is only 1 blame here.... Peters. he has handled the situation in the worst possible way, and you do not reward someone for being a duoche bag. Well most people wouldn't, I'm sure there are exceptions.