PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see tha Pats game??

HHURRICANE
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
A guy in my NE office, who's obvioulsy a big fan, said they sucked? Said the annoucers said the D looked old.

Anyone to confirm or deny??

HAMMER
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I am confirming it is preseason and no one should look past the Pats.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. They're like the Bills in the SB years- basically the same team of vets coming back every season. They don't need to learn anything or do anything differently, unlike the current Bills- they're just trying not to get hurt.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
it's just a preseason game.... unless it's the bills then the sky is falling.

don137
08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Never trust a Bellichick team. I have heard a lot of criticism of their secondary and how they are awful but until they start playing bad in the regular season I will not believe it.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 03:05 PM
it's just a preseason game.... unless it's the bills then the sky is falling.

The Bills have proven nothing.

The Patriots have proven everything.

Apples and oranges.

It's absolutely ridiculous to compare the current Bills in the preseason to the Bills of the 1990s or the current Patriots.

justasportsfan
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM

Apples and oranges.

It's absolutely ridiculous to compare the current Bills in the preseason to the Bills of the 1990s or the current Patriots.
I wasn't talking to you . Why so guilty?

trapezeus
08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. They're like the Bills in the SB years- basically the same team of vets coming back every season. They don't need to learn anything or do anything differently, unlike the current Bills- they're just trying not to get hurt.

that being said, isn't that a recipe for disaster when the top team thinks it can take a break? Their OL was exposed badly during the superbowl. The blueprint may be out on them as to how to beat them.

I agree to a point that the patriots know their starters and can do everything behind closed practices to get execution right. but there is a point where, if they don't get anything right, it could be an issue for the regular season games. i'm counting on that.

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Pats suck even when they win.

cocamide
08-18-2008, 03:16 PM

Apples and oranges.

They haven't proven that they can win a Super Bowl without cheating.

madness
08-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Most overlooked fact when discussing the Patriots.

I heard from a couple NE fans their D is suspect this year.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 03:24 PM

they haven't proven that they're not still cheating.

mybills
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
A guy in my NE office, who's obvioulsy a big fan, said they sucked? Said the annoucers said the D looked old.

Anyone to confirm or deny??
They looked absolutely pathetic. 27-10. Their offense was horrendous. Like I posted in the no-tos a few weeks ago, they better hope Brady stays healthy, because without him they're f***ed. They have no worthy back ups, their OL is not protecting their QB, or opening holes for their RB..

I am more afraid of the Jets this year, than the fugly Pats.

Mitchy moo
08-18-2008, 04:25 PM

I'm afraid of every team until we are crowned SB champs.

mybills
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
not me.

tampabay25690
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
I saw the game and the BUCS punched them right in the mouth

The Spaz
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
All I know is if Brady goes down they are in trouble. Cassell and O'Connell were horrid.

mybills
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
not me.
This made me LMAO...I didn't even read the whole thread!
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=158404

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
They looked absolutely pathetic. 27-10. Their offense was horrendous. Like I posted in the no-tos a few weeks ago, they better hope Brady stays healthy, because without him they're f***ed. They have no worthy back ups, their OL is not protecting their QB, or opening holes for their RB..

That's just insane. The Pats are still by far the best team in the division, and we're already 0-2 as long as they're playing like this (unless Brady gets injured- but that won't happen. Buffalo's not that lucky).

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 05:11 PM
This made me LMAO...I didn't even read the whole thread!
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=158404

of course it did. You refuse to acknowledge any information that doesn't imply the Bills will win the SB.

mybills
08-18-2008, 05:21 PM
The Pats are still by far the best team in the division
:roflmao:

baalworship
08-18-2008, 05:24 PM
They looked flat. I agree that the Pats are still the best in the division but I definitely am not scared of their defense. They have a great D line but their secondary will have a hard time matching up with a team that can protect their quarterback.

I actually think if Trent continues to gain chemistry with Evans, Reed, Parrish, and Hardy we will match up reasonably well against the Pats this year.

mayotm
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
:roflmao:I'm glad you find that so amusing. Unfortunately, it's completely true.

OpIv37
08-18-2008, 05:38 PM
:roflmao:

I can just picture you now, with your eyes closed tight, your index fingers knuckle-deep in your ears and your mouth wide open yelling "LALALALALALALA"