08-18-2008, 07:03 PM
JP, Jason Peters. thats what i just said

Mitchell55
08-18-2008, 07:04 PM
thats what i just said

We wrote it at the same time.

Yasgur's Farm
08-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Ahh... JP = Jason Peters. Jason Peters needs to wait his turn... Unfortunately it's gonna cost him nearly $400,000. I'll bet it cost his agent $0. This is a case where the IQ may have come into play.

Jaybird
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
good news!!

Devin
08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
:bf1: nice work, hopefully we hear something in the next few days

TacklingDummy
08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
I'd be shocked if Lee signs.

gil
08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I'd be shocked if Lee signs.

really? why? everything I've heard is that he wants to be in Buffalo.

yordad
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Well, I thought it was good news and credible til I read........

"--LB Keith Ellison (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/504706),
who earned nine emergency starts last season, got the call against
Pittsburgh in place of Angelo Crowell (knee) and notched three tackles."

He went into the season as the starter, that wasn't an emergency.

Then...

"Fred Jackson (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1102782) vs. Dwayne Wright (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/424185)"

Their is no competition between these two, it ain't even close.

"Chris Ellis (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/431547) vs. Copeland Bryan (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/407389)"

Again, no real competition

Oh well, I hope he is right about Lee.

Romes
08-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Its just The Sports Xchange regurgitating the news out of the Buffalo a few days ago when Lee said that they were closer than they've ever been.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/SPORTS03/808140353/1007/SPORTS

(the note is at the bottom of the link)

Mitchell55
08-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, I thought it was good news and credible til I read........

"--LB Keith Ellison (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/504706),
who earned nine emergency starts last season, got the call against
Pittsburgh in place of Angelo Crowell (knee) and notched three tackles."

He went into the season as the starter, that wasn't an emergency.

Then...

"Fred Jackson (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1102782) vs. Dwayne Wright (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/424185)"

Their is no competition between these two, it ain't even close.

"Chris Ellis (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/431547) vs. Copeland Bryan (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/407389)"

Again, no real competition

Oh well, I hope he is right about Lee.

The Jackson vs Wright should be Oman vs Wright. Im not saying they messed up, im saying thats how it should be.

yordad
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
The Jackson vs Wright should be Oman vs Wright. Im not saying they messed up, im saying thats how it should be.Actually, you are saying they messed up, AND that is how it should be.

TacklingDummy
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
really? why? everything I've heard is that he wants to be in Buffalo.

I just figured whatever Buffalo offered it wouldn't be enough. Plus he made a comment a few years ago during the bye week about getting out of Buffalo and going someplace warm.

Bone
08-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I just figured whatever Buffalo offered it wouldn't be enough. Plus he made a comment a few years ago during the bye week about getting out of Buffalo and going someplace warm.

Link or something because I have never heard of anything like this before from Lee.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah baby! This is the first step towards Peters coming back....Get Evans re-signed and then Peters can come back to Buffalo and get paid. :up:

Mr. Pink
08-19-2008, 12:38 AM
I personally would prefer to test FA waters next year and make a run for Boldin over resigning Lee. I know, I know, most of you think he's the best thing since Andre Reed but I think he's overhyped and overrated as he's the only threat we've had in a couple years in the pass offense.

I would be a tad disappointed if we do resign him, if we can get him cheap - yeah not happening - i wouldn't be too upset.

Luisito23
08-19-2008, 05:27 AM
I personally would prefer to test FA waters next year and make a run for Boldin over resigning Lee. I know, I know, most of you think he's the best thing since Andre Reed but I think he's overhyped and overrated as he's the only threat we've had in a couple years in the pass offense.

I would be a tad disappointed if we do resign him, if we can get him cheap - yeah not happening - i wouldn't be too upset.

I hope it doesn't happen either man....I would love to have Boldin!!!...He's 100 X's better than Evans, and that should be obvious to everyone here.

Night Train
08-19-2008, 06:16 AM
I would love to have Boldin!!!...He's 100 X's better than Evans, and that should be obvious to everyone here.

Um...OK.

I'd rather keep Evans, since we already have spent 2 picks this year on Hardy & Steve Johnson plus we have Roscoe Parrish for some routes.

I like having a true burner/route runner with great hands who will stretch the D. No knock at all on Boldin but he's not 100x's better than Evans and doesn't have half the speed of Lee.

ddaryl
08-19-2008, 06:18 AM
problem with Boldin id there will be a big time bidding war....

It realy doesn't help Evans much that he has had inconsistent play at the QB positon and OL for much of his Bills career.

mayotm
08-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Link or something because I have never heard of anything like this before from Lee.TD won't provide you with a link because there isn't one. Evans never said anything like that. TD's been posting all off-season that Evans won't re-sign here. Sorry TD, looks like it's probably going to happen.

mayotm
08-19-2008, 07:15 AM
I hope it doesn't happen either man....I would love to have Boldin!!!...He's 100 X's better than Evans, and that should be obvious to everyone here.Boldin is 100x better than Evans? Do you know how ridiculous that is? Here are the numbers:

Boldin (five seasons):

54 games, 413 catches, 5458 yards, 13.2 ypc, 29 TD's, 6 lost fumbles

Evans (four seasons):

58 games, 233 catches, 3727 yards, 16.0 ypc, 29 TD's 2 lost fumbles

Evans has the same amount of TD's in less games. Since Evans became the #1 receiver after Moulds left, he hasn't had a solid #2. Boldin plays with Fitzgerald. Not to mention Evans has been durable never missing a game, while Boldin has missed 10 games due to injury.

You're right, Boldin is 100x better.

ddaryl
08-19-2008, 07:27 AM
In the Boildin and Evans debate... the majority of successful teams sign their own FA's.

Evans is familiar with the team and coaches, bringing in a new #1 WR could actually set us back a year while Boldin became familiar with the playbook and developed chemistry with the team.

Plus he is going to cost more then Lee because he will be on the FA market, where as Lee is getting his deal extended.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Link or something because I have never heard of anything like this before from Lee.

It was on ESPN the hotlist 2 years ago during the Bills bye week. Sorry no link.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:07 AM
TD won't provide you with a link because there isn't one. Evans never said anything like that.

I'd bet you anything Evans did say it. Like I said it was a few years ago on the Hot List. Sorry if I can't provide a link to a TV show that I watched with my own eyes. Please don't confuse me with posters that make up :bs: with things their rich friends say.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:09 AM
Evans has the same amount of TD's in less games.

That's because Boldin has Fitz taking away TD's from him and Evans had JP just throwing to him.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 08:12 AM
So you are basing this on a two year old quote that you can't provide or give any context too, correct?

Why is he even talking to them if that is the case?

mayotm
08-19-2008, 08:15 AM
I'd bet you anything Evans did say it. Like I said it was a few years ago on the Hot List. Sorry if I can't provide a link to a TV show that I watched with my own eyes. Please don't confuse me with posters that make up :bs: with things their rich friends say.I do think you're making it up. You like to take anything positive about the Bills and turn it into a negative. You've posted that Evans won't re-sign countless times. I don't get your posts. I assume you're a fan, but I can't figure out what you like about the team.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
So you are basing this on a two year old quote that you can't provide or give any context too, correct?

1) Yep and that Lee will probably want more than any other Bills has ever recieved.
2) Why do I need to provide a quote? If you don't believe me, no big deal. I seen it with my own eyes, that's good enough for me. And it's not like that I have ever made up stuff.
3) Context: At the end of the interview the person doing the interview asked Lee what he was going to do during the Bills bye week. Lee's answer was, get out of Buffalo and go someplace warm.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:23 AM
I do think you're making it up. You like to take anything positive about the Bills and turn it into a negative.

You would be 100% wrong. I'd bet my life on it, would you?

Anything positive? I cricitize JP mostly, there hasn't been much that he has done that is positive. Im sorry that SAB forgot to put you on the list.

OpIv37
08-19-2008, 08:24 AM

I see your point and I don't disagree that Boldin is better. However, Boldin will likely command HUGE money in FA and there's no guarantee that we could land him. I'd rather have Evans guaranteed for less money than an outside shot at overpaying for Boldin.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't get your posts. I assume you're a fan, but I can't figure out what you like about the team.

What's there been to like the past 10 years? Not much.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
1) Yep and that Lee will probably want more than any other Bills has ever recieved.
2) Why do I need to provide a quote? If you don't believe me, no big deal. I seen it with my own eyes, that's good enough for me. And it's not like that I have ever made up stuff.
3) Context: At the end of the interview the person doing the interview asked Lee what he was going to do during the Bills bye week. Lee's answer was, get out of Buffalo and go someplace warm.

How does taking a break during the season on a bye week equate to no not re-sigining with the Bills now?

It makes no sense and there is no logical connection.

mayotm
08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
You would be 100% wrong. I'd bet my life on it, would you?

Anything positive? I cricitize JP mostly, there hasn't been much that he has done that is positive. Im sorry that SAB forgot to put you on the list.
Please don't put me on "the list" (whatever that is). That would make me very, very sad.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
This would be excellent news but I'll believe it when I see it.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Please don't put me on "the list" (whatever that is). That would make me very, very sad.

The Licker List.

Bill Brasky
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM
It was on ESPN the hotlist 2 years ago

Mel Kiper would call that a reach

trapezeus
08-19-2008, 11:48 AM
i'm not enamored with Evans. i think he's an above average WR. I don't think he's irreplaceble. I think we're all so excited to spend big money, we forget we're spending it on a guy who disappeared last year.

QB bashing aside, why is everyplayer in every position a victim of another person not doing their job? Evans can't perform because there is no QB. QB's can't perform because the WR stink. This is a vicious catch 22. Someone needs to step up and say, "i'm the leader of this team as the WR and i'll catch whatever's thrown to me." or the QB has to elevate the play of the people around him. It's really tiring to hear excuses for evans like, "well he's double covered." What kind of elite WR can't get out of double coverage?

Again, he's an above average talent, but i don't think we need to break the bank on him.

Mr. Miyagi
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Boldin is 100x better than Evans? Do you know how ridiculous that is? Here are the numbers:

Boldin (five seasons):

54 games, 413 catches, 5458 yards, 13.2 ypc, 29 TD's, 6 lost fumbles

Evans (four seasons):

58 games, 233 catches, 3727 yards, 16.0 ypc, 29 TD's 2 lost fumbles

Evans has the same amount of TD's in less games. Since Evans became the #1 receiver after Moulds left, he hasn't had a solid #2. Boldin plays with Fitzgerald. Not to mention Evans has been durable never missing a game, while Boldin has missed 10 games due to injury.

You're right, Boldin is 100x better.
I have both Evans and Boldin playing for us in Madden. Does that count?

Romes
08-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Evans on WGR talking a bit about the contract.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://wgr.everyzing.com:/viewMedia.jsp?e=20709149&s=PZSID_0001268190;The+Howard+Simon+Show&col=en-all-pod_wgr-ep&start=0&num=5&filter=0&dedupe=1&ft=true&expand=true&match=query,keyword=4&res=310616679&index=2&playIndex=2&il=en&y=0&x=0&fs=true&action=embeddedPlayer" width="480" height="424"></iframe><br>
<a href="http://wgr.everyzing.com:/viewMedia.jsp?e=20709149&s=PZSID_0001268190;The+Howard+Simon+Show&col=en-all-pod_wgr-ep&start=0&num=5&filter=0&dedupe=1&ft=true&expand=true&match=query,keyword=4&res=310616679&index=2&playIndex=2&il=en&y=0&x=0" style="display:none;">&nbsp;The Howard Simon Show&nbsp;-&nbsp;Lee Evans on The Howard Simon Show</a>