PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Peters Becoming a Myth?

patmoran2006
08-19-2008, 08:43 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-262/Bills-holdout-Peters-becoming-a-myth-.html

"An NFL source tells me the Bills are more committed than ever to their hard-line stance on Peters. They're a small-market team that can't afford to let their players hold them hostage, and they're learning they might not be that bad without him."

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-262/Bills-holdout-Peters-becoming-a-myth-.html

"An NFL source tells me the Bills are more committed than ever to their hard-line stance on Peters. They're a small-market team that can't afford to let their players hold them hostage, and they're learning they might not be that bad without him."

Good! He's under contract, he should be playing..but considering he's a baby an wants more money..good im glad, let that fat waste of life just sit an rot..get rid of him, trade him, do something..all this is doing is just showing he's not a team player an just cares about money..get someone who's actually committed to play with the buffalo bills..not some scrub who we actually made..wasn't he an undrafted TE?

Romes
08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
If a left tackle wants a new contract but no one hears it. Does it really want a new contract?

HHURRICANE
08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
If a left tackle wants a new contract but no one hears it. Does it really want a new contract?

Dude, that's hilarious.

Pinkerton Security
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Good! He's under contract, he should be playing..but considering he's a baby an wants more money..good im glad, let that fat waste of life just sit an rot..get rid of him, trade him, do something..all this is doing is just showing he's not a team player an just cares about money..get someone who's actually committed to play with the buffalo bills..not some scrub who we actually made..wasn't he an undrafted TE?

seriously? if jason peters is a "scrub" then the bills are screwed because pretty much every player on our team is worse than him talent wise.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
:clap:

Good. Until he actually shows up and does something he shouldn't get a penny.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
and they're learning they might not be that bad without him."

We have our first good series on offense in over a year and now all the sudden we're fine without Peters? Wow; this team will never win until we get an owner who is dedicated to doing what it takes to win.

mayotm
08-19-2008, 09:24 AM
We have our first good series on offense in over a year and now all the sudden we're fine without Peters? Wow; this team will never win until we get an owner who is dedicated to doing what it takes to win.Try not showing up at your job. Don't tell your management why you're not showing up. Just sit around and wait for them to contact you and offer you more money. See how far that gets you.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
If we are okay without Peters than this board has learned nothing?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Try not showing up at your job. Don't tell your management why you're not showing up. Just sit around and wait for them to contact you and offer you more money. See how far that gets you.
That's the way it works in the NFL and it has worked for players in the past.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
If we are okay without Peters than this board has learned nothing?
Are you surprised? Most of the people here are ok with a 7-9 season, they are ok with the fact that we haven't made the playoffs in damn near a decade. Who cares if the team is good as long as they stay in Buffalo right? For them 0-16 is just as good as 16-0.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Try not showing up at your job. Don't tell your management why you're not showing up. Just sit around and wait for them to contact you and offer you more money. See how far that gets you.
Like I have been saying since day 1...I'd love to see some of these guys pull this stunt with their employer.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:30 AM
That's the way it works in the NFL and it has worked for players in the past.
Not after the guy gets injured
Not after the guy has offseason surgery
Not after the guy fails to return calls
Not after the guy refuses to call his teammates.
Not after his original contract was voluntarily extended by the team

Show me where it has ever happened.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Like I have been saying since day 1...I'd love to see some of these guys pull this stunt with their employer.
How many NFL players do you know? If you knew any at all you'd know that he NFL does not work like your normal every day job. If it did 3/4th's of the players would have been fired a long time ago. So quit trying to compare it to what you do because they are not the same.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Not after the guy gets injured
And? There are lots of players who get injured and want a new deal.
Not after the guy has offseason surgery
Your point?
Not after the guy fails to return calls
Are you sure about that?
Not after the guy refuses to call his teammates.
Are you sure about that?
Not after his original contract was voluntarily extended by the team
And? He has clearly out played his contract.

Show me where it has ever happened.
You were probably one of those people who didn't think anything of it when Ralph let Pat Williams walk weren't you? "Who needs elite talent? We'll just draft another one because elite talent just grows on trees."

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
How many NFL players do you know? If you knew any at all you'd know that he NFL does not work like your normal every day job. If it did 3/4th's of the players would have been fired a long time ago. So quit trying to compare it to what you do because they are not the same.
NFL players are fired everyday...it's called getting cut.

DraftBoy
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
Comparing the NFL to a regular job is a bad comparison. These guy are on contracts and in the real world contracts get renegotiated all the time.

yordad
08-19-2008, 09:36 AM
If a left tackle wants a new contract but no one hears it. Does it really want a new contract?LOL, that is funny. And, you may have accidently raised a good question? Did Jason Peters go all Ricky Williams? Is this man chillin in some third world country stoned on opium right now?

Seriously, could he have just quit?

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
You were probably one of those people who didn't think anything of it when Ralph let Pat Williams walk weren't you? "Who needs elite talent? We'll just draft another one because elite talent just grows on trees."

:rolleyes:

I'm not having this conversation again. You never read all of everybody's posts anyway. I never said don't redo his contract. Just not in the way Peters is handling this. For the 1,000,000th time...we don't even know that he is healed from the surgery.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
LOL, that is funny. And, you may have accidently raised a good question? Did Jason Peters go all Ricky Williams? Is this man chillin in some third world country stoned on opium right now?

Orchard Park is not a third world country :mad:

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Comparing the NFL to a regular job is a bad comparison. These guy are on contracts and in the real world contracts get renegotiated all the time.
no they don't...only during raises and promotions...and how many times does an employee act like Peters and get a raise - that's the point the mayotom was trying to make.

Romes
08-19-2008, 09:41 AM
LOL, that is funny. And, you may have accidently raised a good question? Did Jason Peters go all Ricky Williams? Is this man chillin in some third world country stoned on opium right now?

:rofl:

It was easier to track down Ricky Williams in Tibet than Jason Peters in the US.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:41 AM

I'm not having this conversation again. You never read all of everybody's posts anyway. I never said don't redo his contract. Just not in the way Peters is handling this. For the 1,000,000th time...we don't even know that he is healed from the surgery.
No, you'll just look for any excuse to cover Ralphies back; he should have given Peters his contract when the season ended and been done with this, he deserved it then and he deserves it now. Instead we're risking our season and the development of our QB (who is going to get his ass handed to him with Walker defending his back), all because Ralphie wants to save a buck and not re-structure the deal of our ONLY elite player.

0-16.... 16-0.... same thing right?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
no they don't...only during raises and promotions...and how many times does an employee act like Peters and get a raise - that's the point the mayotom was trying to make.
It's shear ignorance to think that the NFL works like any other employer... but I'm really not that surprised.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:47 AM
No, you'll just look for any excuse to cover Ralphies back; he should have given Peters his contract when the season ended and been done with this, he deserved it then and he deserves it now. Instead we're risking our season and the development of our QB (who is going to get his ass handed to him with Walker defending his back), all because Ralphie wants to save a buck and not re-structure the deal of our ONLY elite player.

0-16.... 16-0.... same thing right?

1. I never cover RW's back. Look up my posts to find out how I feel about him.

2. One probowl and the guy is elite?? I'll give you a laundry lists of one probowl also rans.

3. OUR?? you take the NFL way to seriously.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:48 AM
It's shear ignorance to think that the NFL works like any other employer... but I'm really not that surprised.
It's sheer ignorance to be on a Bills board, do nothing but knock them and put a picture of Jerry Jones as your avatar...most would say you're not even a Bills fan.... but I'm really not that surprised.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
It's sheer ignorance to be on a Bills board, do nothing but knock them and put a picture of Jerry Jones as your avatar...most would say you're not even a Bills fan.... but I'm really not that surprised.
Thankfully I'm not really all that concerned with what "most" think; least of all you.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow; this team will never win until we get an owner who is dedicated to doing what it takes to win.
Is Ralph - or any rational owner - supposed to throw major money at a guy who won't report to camp, won't communicate with the front office, won't honor in any way a contract that is fairly new, and generally won't respect his teammates or his organization?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
1. I never cover RW's back. Look up my posts to find out how I feel about him.
Yeah you do.
2. One probowl and the guy is elite?? I'll give you a laundry lists of one probowl also rans.
Again, since when do Pro Bowls mean anything? Is Roy Williams an elite SS?
3. OUR?? you take the NFL way to seriously.
Hey, it helps pay the bills. You would take it seriously too.

Ebenezer
Is Ralph - or any rational owner - supposed to throw major money at a guy who won't report to camp, won't communicate with the front office, won't honor in any way a contract that is fairly new, and generally won't respect his teammates or his organization?
According to those who think Jerry Jones walks on water - yes. Again, I want to see some of these guys run a business.

gr8slayer
Are you sure that he has not communicated with the organization?

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Again, since when do Pro Bowls mean anything? Is Roy Williams an elite SS?

Exactly, it doesn't. So, how does Jason Peters become an elite LT in one season...in one season. Because SI says so? Come on.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Are you sure that he has not communicated with the organization?
Are your sure he has?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
According to those who think Jerry Jones walks on water - yes. Again, I want to see some of these guys run a business.
It's funny that you think the NFL is just like your job..... Can you go out, get arrested several times, be accused of taking part in someone's shooting, and still have a job when you go to work after spending a few nights in jail?

Or how about being drunk, hitting a woman with your car while drunk, killing that woman, getting arrested a year later for a DWI, and still have a job?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Are your sure he has?
Yes....

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
No, you'll just look for any excuse to cover Ralphies back; he should have given Peters his contract when the season ended and been done with this, he deserved it then and he deserves it now.

Why would you give someone a new contract when they are under contract for 3 more years, plus 2 tag years? And wasn't the reason Peters got his new contract 2 years ago because the Bills ripped up the old one and gave him a new one?

The Bills have done alot for Peters. He should be grateful.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes....
:laughing:

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
It's funny that you think the NFL is just like your job..... Can you go out, get arrested several times, be accused of taking part in someone's shooting, and still have a job when you go to work after spending a few nights in jail?

Or how about being drunk, hitting a woman with your car while drunk, killing that woman, getting arrested a year later for a DWI, and still have a job?
Why don't you find me the guy who lost his job because they did what ML did?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Exactly, it doesn't. So, how does Jason Peters become an elite LT in one season...in one season. Because SI says so? Come on.
Well, watch every other teams game from this season, and then watch every one of our games from this season. Then break down each LT, then compare, on my sheet he grades out as number 2 amongst not just LT but all T's. Talk to other scouts and they will tell you the same, he has positioned himself to be #1 if he shows up happy and ready to go.

SI and ESPN lost credibility with me long ago and I don't particularly care for what either one has to say.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Why don't you find me the guy who lost his job because they did what ML did?
Considering the charges, or lack there of, I find it unlikely that anyone would have been fired. What's your point? I just gave you two actual scenarios of players who are still playing that would have been fired at any other job. Again, NFL and your normal job aren't the same thing.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, watch every other teams game from this season, and then watch every one of our games from this season. Then break down each LT, then compare, on my sheet he grades out as number 2 amongst not just LT but all T's. Talk to other scouts and they will tell you the same, he has positioned himself to be #1 if he shows up happy and ready to go.

I'm sorry, I forgot. Which team has employed you as a talent evaluator/scout/personnel director?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Why would you give someone a new contract when they are under contract for 3 more years, plus 2 tag years? And wasn't the reason Peters got his new contract 2 years ago because the Bills ripped up the old one and gave him a new one?

The Bills have done alot for Peters. He should be grateful.
The Bills gave him the contract of a middle of the road RT and then moved him to LT where he's become one of the best. It's time to pay the man like one of the best LT.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Considering the charges, or lack there of, I find it unlikely that anyone would have been fired. What's your point? I just gave you two actual scenarios of players who are still playing that would have been fired at any other job. Again, NFL and your normal job aren't the same thing.
My point was that they wouldn't be fired. You can't lose your job for off the job activities until you actually can't show up to do your job.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:05 AM
My point was that they wouldn't be fired. You can't lose your job for off the job activities until you actually can't show up to do your job.
You can in Texas.

don137
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
The Bills gave him the contract of a middle of the road RT and then moved him to LT where he's become one of the best. It's time to pay the man like one of the best LT.

It should not be one way. Peters needs to show good faith and come into camp. Buffalo extended Butler not too long ago so it is not un prescidented that the Bills will not extend a contract before the prior one is completed.
Who is to say this is all Peters. Both Peters and Steven Jackson have Parker as their agent. Where is Jackson these days? I blame most of this on Parker.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2008, 10:13 AM

Eb, I think Peter's realizes that he's kind of stuck. That's why he's not asking for anything. I think the idea is to send a message, show up for the season, and let the Bills know that he is their next priority.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
It should not be one way. Peters needs to show good faith and come into camp. Buffalo extended Butler not too long ago so it is not un prescidented that the Bills will not extend a contract before the prior one is completed.
Who is to say this is all Peters. Both Peters and Steven Jackson have Parker as their agent. Where is Jackson these days? I blame most of this on Parker.
Parker is a dick, and apparently is the sole reason that Jackson isn't showing up to camp. If Jackson doesn't show up the Rams are done for this year and their coaching staff will be looking for new jobs next year.

ddaryl
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM

I agree withthe Bills sytance, but your anger goes beyond my own... and it is a little harsh...

I think Peters will get an extension after this seaosn, but it will come complete with a ton of incentives that will make it hard for him to not show up at OTA's and training camp again. IMO that is all Peters really accomplished with his holdout.

The Bills know the vlaue of a talented LT, and they would have listened if Peters showed up and actually had productiive contact with the Bills FO... He did this entire thing bass akwards

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM

Don't forget Schobel.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
seriously? if jason peters is a "scrub" then the bills are screwed because pretty much every player on our team is worse than him talent wise.

ya he's a scrub, if he doesnt want to show up at camp and just sit on his fat ass all day, then why pay him? he's showing no interest in the team or playing for us, for that matter..HE'S UNDER CONTRACT! he signed a contract play for it, if he's gonna be a fat piece of **** an just sit there an not do anything let him..I sure as hell don't want him on this team if he's not even showing up or doing anything..

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
I agree withthe Bills sytance, but your anger goes beyond my own... and it is a little harsh...

I think Peters will get an extension after this seaosn, but it will come complete with a ton of incentives that will make it hard for him to not show up at OTA's and training camp again. IMO that is all Peters really accomplished with his holdout.

The Bills know the vlaue of a talented LT, and they would have listened if Peters showed up and actually had productiive contact with the Bills FO... He did this entire thing bass akwards

I honestly don't believe he deserves an extension..he signed a contract, play under it then when it's up, we'll give you a new one, he's just being an a-hole wanting more money.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
If I made 3 million dollars a year I would never complain that I want more money.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
If I made 3 million dollars a year I would never complain that I want more money.

exactly..i dont know how you could complain about making 3 mill a year..it's pathetic and just shows how much of a piece of crap he is.

DraftBoy
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM

Sorry got call :bs: here, as a contract employee Ive renegotiated my contract a good bit and I ask for pay raises when the work being done is more than intially anticipated in the contract.

Like I said before the majority of people here are not on contracts so comparing this situation to regular jobs is both wrong and an unfair comparison.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
When you were trying to improve the contract did you stop coming into work?

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 03:04 PM

At the time of the deal, it was closer to a top RT.

And I agree he deserves and should get more. And he probably would if he showed up and/or talked with the Bills.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
At the time of the deal, it was closer to a top RT.

And I agree he deserves and should get more. And he probably would if he showed up and/or talked with the Bills.
Not really; he got a five year $15 million contract. To put it into perspective Langston Walker got a five year $25 million contract; and honestly, while in Oakland Walker was probably the worst OL on that whole line. Sure he's changed since then and has become one of our better OL but he sure wasn't coming in.

Another slightly average guy to compare it to is Mark Colombo, he's making more than Peters and he's a very average RT. I know where you're coming from but I don't think he's getting what a top end RT is getting.

I expect Peters to ask for something in the seven year $52 million range.

patmoran2006
08-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I understand the Bills perspective on the situation, but if anybody thinks this team will be fine without Peters, especially after a quarter of a preseason game last week, I think they're going to be in for an extremely rude awakening.

This team is nowhere as good with Walker-Chambers than it is with Peters-Walker. I'm far from convinced Walker can handle LT, let alone Chambers RT.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 03:49 PM
We wouldn't be in this situation if Peters would just show up.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 03:53 PM
We wouldn't be in this situation if Peters would just show up.
Show up, break his knee in week one, and then never get his big contract. No thanks.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Show up, break his knee in week one, and then never get his big contract. No thanks.

so what you're saying is that you want the bills to give in to this low life?

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM

So what you are saying is every player in the NFL who has 3 years left on their contract should do what Peters is doing because you never know when they might break a knee?

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 05:00 PM
So what you are saying is every player in the NFL who has 3 years left on their contract should do what Peters is doing because you never know when they might break a knee?

Oh is that what he's saying? I say that if you sign a contract, abide by it..WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING FOR MORE MONEY?! play under YOUR contract that YOU signed..then however good you do when that contract is up, you sign a new one, worth however good you are..not hold out with 3 years left, more and more i think about it, more i want to get rid of this scum.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Lynch should sit out. His contract is only worth 5 years 19 Million. Heaven forbid if he blows out a knee this year.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 05:02 PM
With all the money Free Agent WR's are getting maybe Lee should be sitting out also seeing as this IS his contract year and that he doesn't have 3 years left on it.

Philagape
08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
As long as he's on the field in Week 1 -- and maintaining the level he's set the past two years -- all will be forgiven

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Lynch should sit out. His contract is only worth 5 years 19 Million. Heaven forbid if he blows out a knee this year.

seriously, why is even showing up? i mean lynch is arguably one of the best RB's in the league..and yet his contract is 5yr/19mil..but lynch is there, in training camp working his ass off..cause he's a team player who cares about the bills..not only himself an how much money he's making.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 05:04 PM
As long as he's on the field in Week 1 -- and maintaining the level he's set the past two years -- all will be forgiven

forgiven? for being a selfish pig? this just shows his dedication to the team, which is none at all.

Night Train
08-19-2008, 05:11 PM
So be it if the Bills wish to take a hard line stance but they better find a Vet OT before the opener to cover their backside.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 05:16 PM
So be it if the Bills wish to take a hard line stance but they better find a Vet OT before the opener to cover their backside.

They wont..i believe they'll give in and sign him..i really hope not, but i just have a feeling they will..and they'll act like nothing happened.

patmoran2006
08-19-2008, 05:22 PM
For all those who are using the "he still has three years left on his deal" theory.

Keep in mind that Aaron Schobel still had three years left on his deal when the Bills extended him and gave him $50 million, $20 of it guaranteed. His deal became a 7 year deal.

Am I saying Peters is right for holding out? Absolutely not. I"m disgusted right now.

But perhaps the Bills should've been a little more pro-active in giving Peters a raise and locking him up. He is pretty much universally regarded as our best player... The writing should've been on the wall when Peters missed OTA's, just like Schobel usually does.

From what I've gathered, the Bills have never talked extension with Peters at any point from the conclusion of last season.

Again, I'm not saying Peters is doing the right thing by holding out, he's not. But for a 26-year old Pro Bowl left tackle who's becoming one of the best OL in the entire league, and to have him the third highest paid OL on your team, not to mention in the bottom quarter of left tackle per year salaries in the NFL, is an utter joke.

Again, I'm not saying Peters is right for holding out.

mayotm
08-19-2008, 05:27 PM
For all those who are using the "he still has three years left on his deal" theory.

Keep in mind that Aaron Schobel still had three years left on his deal when the Bills extended him and gave him $50 million, $20 of it guaranteed. His deal became a 7 year deal.

Am I saying Peters is right for holding out? Absolutely not. I"m disgusted right now.

But perhaps the Bills should've been a little more pro-active in giving Peters a raise and locking him up. He is pretty much universally regarded as our best player... The writing should've been on the wall when Peters missed OTA's, just like Schobel usually does.

From what I've gathered, the Bills have never talked extension with Peters at any point from the conclusion of last season.

Again, I'm not saying Peters is doing the right thing by holding out, he's not. But for a 26-year old Pro Bowl left tackle who's becoming one of the best OL in the entire league, and to have him the third highest paid OL on your team, not to mention in the bottom quarter of left tackle per year salaries in the NFL, is an utter joke.

Again, I'm not saying Peters is right for holding out.So it's the Bills responsibility to initiate extension talks? If you believe the media reports, the Peters camp hasn't contacted the Bills. Nor have they even responded to attempts the Bills have made to contact him. How are the Bills supposed to negotiate a new deal when they aren't speaking?

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-19-2008, 05:28 PM

Again, I'm not saying Peters is right for holding out.

Talk an extension? how they hell are they supposed to know he's going to throw a curve ball an just hold out?

patmoran2006
08-19-2008, 05:38 PM
So it's the Bills responsibility to initiate extension talks? If you believe the media reports, the Peters camp hasn't contacted the Bills. Nor have they even responded to attempts the Bills have made to contact him. How are the Bills supposed to negotiate a new deal when they aren't speaking?
If you got a player who's among the best, if not the best player on your team; you know he's drastically underpaid in regards to his peers (and there isn't a person on this board who could argue that point otherwise), and he skipped Mandatory workouts, then that's a sign to initiate extension talks. So at least in some regards, my answer to your question is yes.

And I'm not defending Peters either. If his reason for not playing without a new deal is the fear of injury which could cost him millions, a very legit reason in my book; he should if nothing else at least be on site at camp to show ANY type of faith in the team..

My opinion of Peters on a personal level has changed in the past two weeks.. It's went from someone who IMO was justified to hold out for more money, to a complete ***** who doesnt give a **** about the other 52 guys on the team.

But that doesn't change the fact if the Bills want to have a better football team; whether its right or wrong they should be reaching out to get talks going. From my knowledge and very reliable sources, the Bills front office hasnt even attempted to contact Eugene Parker in over two weeks, and will not even discuss a contract extension with Peters this season, whether he reports or not.

So for all of you who just assume if Peters shows up the Bills will talk extensions, from what I've gathered; you're wrong.

both sides are *******s and playing a game of chicken where the only loser in the game ends up being the fans.

Meathead
08-19-2008, 06:20 PM
didnt we see peters recently training with coy wire, among others?

coy was a total team guy, he loved marv and the bills, and expected to be back with the team after his neck surgery. having passed the falcons physical lends a little more credibility that he could still play

anyway, that might have left a mark on coy and if hes buds with jason then maybe theyve talked about it and its influencing him. even if coy doesnt hold it against the bills jason could

i guess im just trying to find reasons because the way hes done it doesnt make much sense, so maybe the emotional reaction could explain his rather bizarre behavior

the pattern in the last few years here has been clear: play well, show up, and we will give you more money. why peters feels he has to fight that pattern is a mystery

Philagape
08-19-2008, 06:22 PM
forgiven? for being a selfish pig?

As long as he's an All-Pro pig doing his job on gameday, yes.

He's not the Bills' first pig who helped the team on the field, and he won't be the last.

DrGraves
08-19-2008, 06:26 PM
i dont care if you're small market or not. every one has the same cap. we have lots of cap space. get your best players on the effing field. i dont know who is worse, the bills gm or darcy reigier.

DraftBoy
08-19-2008, 06:26 PM
When you were trying to improve the contract did you stop coming into work?

If I am renegotiating my contract then all work ceases with that firm until the contract is done. I dont have the luxury of holding out in the same sense, but if there is a contract dispute I dont do work for that firm until it is resolved. Why would I do the work for somebody who I have a contract dispute with?

Granted the situation is different than Peters, but closer than taking Joe Blow who has full time employment not contract based.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
This saga is becoming as annoying and tiresome as the Bret Favre fiasco.

I honestly could care less at this point if this dope comes to the team, stays home, goes to Tibet and smokes ganja or builds a rocketship in his backyard and colonizes Mars.

And if all this is is "I don't wanna come to camp or play preseason" Jason hasn't earned that luxury yet. I don't think any athlete should ever get that ability but when you're just starting to make a name definitely not. If this is the case I have a nice lil acronym for Jason...GFYS

If you don't know what that means, I could help but it's definitely a violation of TOS :rofl:

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 07:17 PM

The Bills learned from their mistakes.

TacklingDummy
08-19-2008, 07:20 PM
i dont care if you're small market or not. every one has the same cap. we have lots of cap space.

Not every owner has the same revenue though. Jerry Jones/ Synder/Crafts can afford to make many mistakes. The Bills can't afford to make many.

Ebenezer
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
i dont care if you're small market or not. every one has the same cap. we have lots of cap space. get your best players on the effing field. i dont know who is worse, the bills gm or darcy reigier.

neither...they are both working for somebody higher in the food chain and if that person didn't fire them then they are doing exactly what their employer wants.

Romes
08-19-2008, 09:19 PM

The cap isn't how much money you have to spend, it is how much you're allowed to spend. Just because the Bills have room under the cap doesn't mean that they have that money available.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
The Bills learned from their mistakes.
Bills learn from their mistakes? If we had we wouldn't be going into the decade mark for missing the playoffs.

PECKERWOOD
08-19-2008, 09:45 PM

I think that would get me fired, sir.