PDA

View Full Version : I hate the NFL Network!

Michael82
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I just saw an article in the paper today that said that even though Buffalo will be able to broadcast the Bills/Colts game on local TV on Sunday night, Rochester will not. Apparently the NFL considers Rochester, Toronto, Syracuse and all the surrounding areas a secondary market. So they won't be allowed to broadcast the game. Yet Buffalo and the surrounding suburbs will be allowed to broadcast the game on ABC. They are the primary market. Bob Matthews does have a point too.... Why the hell is Rochester considered a primary market when it comes to the blackout rule, yet for this, they are only a secondary market? **** YOU NFL! You greedy ****s!

Oh and **** TIME WARNER! :mad: :curse:

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 09:09 AM
I figured as much when I was having this conversation with hydro yesterday and found that my local CBS wasn't airing the game this week. I'm part of the Bills network but not in Buffalo. Now the real question, do I go somewhere to watch it or just listen?

hydro
08-19-2008, 09:11 AM
:lolpoint: Non-buffalonians

HHURRICANE
I get the NFL Network here in ATL. I think it is the most amateurish channel on TV.

When they have Thrusday games I want to vommit. The coverage sucks, and it's like they have equipment fom the 70s. Just horrible.

Pride
Whats this have to do with NFLN?

mybills
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I get the NFL Network here in ATL. I think it is the most amateurish channel on TV.

When they have Thrusday games I want to vommit. The coverage sucks, and it's like they have equipment fom the 70s. Just horrible.
They put 3rd & 1 when it's really 4th & 1..they put 6-0 when the score is only 3-0. They screw up too many names, too. But I'm glad I have it so I can watch this Sunday. :D

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:16 AM
So quit being a :limp: and get DirecTV.

mybills
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
He lives with mom & dad. Maybe they don't want it.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:21 AM
He lives with mom & dad. Maybe they don't want it.
Then man up and get out of mommy and daddies house and it won't be a problem anymore.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM

I want my local stations.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 09:30 AM
I want my local stations.
I have no problem getting my local stations with DirecTV; all in HD too.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 09:47 AM
I just saw an article in the paper today that said that even though Buffalo will be able to broadcast the Bills/Colts game on local TV on Sunday night, Rochester will not. Apparently the NFL considers Rochester, Toronto, Syracuse and all the surrounding areas a secondary market. So they won't be allowed to broadcast the game. Yet Buffalo and the surrounding suburbs will be allowed to broadcast the game on ABC. They are the primary market. Bob Matthews does have a point too.... Why the hell is Rochester considered a primary market when it comes to the blackout rule, yet for this, they are only a secondary market? **** YOU NFL! You greedy ****s!

Oh and **** TIME WARNER! :mad: :curse:Cry me a river. I get to watch:snicker:

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I want my local stations.I have locals

Michael82
08-19-2008, 09:49 AM

Agreed. I have watched the Thursday games at the bars last season and laughed. It is pretty lame. Plus I have watched the channel at a hotel and I was bored. It's so much repeating and a bunch of crap. I side with Time Warner. The NFL is charging way too much for a crappy product. If they lowered the price for it, I bet TW would add it to their package.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
I figured as much when I was having this conversation with hydro yesterday and found that my local CBS wasn't airing the game this week. I'm part of the Bills network but not in Buffalo. Now the real question, do I go somewhere to watch it or just listen?
Does anyone have that link for free TV? I will watch it on my computer if I have to. Or maybe Log can put it on Log TV. :D

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Well in this area you don't get locals with DirectTV. The only purpose DirectTV serves around here is for Sunday Ticket. Now I get all my Bills games anyways so why would I pay for Sunday Ticket? Also, in February the ability to get locals through an antenna will no longer be possible so that rules out DirectTV even more. I would get Dish but I have no line of sight.

Michael82
We used to have DirecTV before it was cool to have DirecTV and it got too damn expensive, plus not having the local channels sucked. So we went back to Time Warner and got a good deal with the Road Runner included. :up:

RockStar36
Does anyone have that link for free TV? I will watch it on my computer if I have to. Or maybe Log can put it on Log TV. :D

No I don't. I would go over to my parents or to a bar before I'd watch through an internet stream.

LtFinFan66
If you ask for them, you get them:idunno:

Michael82
08-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Well in this area you don't get locals with DirectTV. The only purpose DirectTV serves around here is for Sunday Ticket. Now I get all my Bills games anyways so why would I pay for Sunday Ticket? Also, in February the ability to get locals through an antenna will no longer be possible so that rules out DirectTV even more. I would get Dish but I have no line of sight.
Excellent post! It's the same way here. You can't get locals with DirecTV either.

RockStar36
If you ask for them, you get them:idunno:

Not....in....Erie.....

hydro
You can try here:
http://www.channelsurfing.net/

or here

www.myp2p.eu

LtFinFan66
Agreed. I have watched the Thursday games at the bars last season and laughed. It is pretty lame. Plus I have watched the channel at a hotel and I was bored. It's so much repeating and a bunch of crap. I side with Time Warner. The NFL is charging way too much for a crappy product. If they lowered the price for it, I bet TW would add it to their package.What is the NFL charging for? It comes in my basic package

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Not....in....Erie.....Move

Michael82
08-19-2008, 09:55 AM
What is the NFL charging for? It comes in my basic package
They were charging the Cable companies a crazy amount of money to buy the channel. Most cable companies laughed at them and told them to **** off. Time Warner was one of them.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Move

If I could, I would.

BTW, it is like 50/50 on the NFL and TW. Don't get the idea that TW is the innocent one on this deal. When I had Adelphia for cable they always showed me the Sabres games and NFL Network, then once TW officially took over I lost all that stuff. TW is equally at fault for this. Don't be surprised if the exclusive NFLN games get shown on another station, like the NE/NYG game did last year. I know that was a special game but still, the NFL is realizing that they are hurting the product but only showing on NFLN.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
They were charging the Cable companies a crazy amount of money to buy the channel. Most cable companies laughed at them and told them to **** off. Time Warner was one of them.Maybe Time Warner is cheap.....seems they are not carrying the Big Ten Network for the same reason

You are quick to blame without all the facts

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Time Warner does suck a fat ass. Believe me, if DirectTV had locals I would get it in a heartbeat. I was all set to get Dish when I move but I found out I literally cannot unless I chop down a neighbor's tree so I'm stuck with ****ty TW. On the good side, they offer half my locals in HD so I'll still get a good chunk of football games in HD, just not the Bills for the most part.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe Time Warner is cheap.....seems they are not carrying the Big Ten Network for the same reason

You are quick to blame without all the facts
You are also quick to blame without the facts. Have you seen what they wanted Time Warner to pay for it? Yet they wanted them to also offer it for free instead of on a sports tier package.... :ill:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Time Warner does suck a fat ass. Believe me, if DirectTV had locals I would get it in a heartbeat. I was all set to get Dish when I move but I found out I literally cannot unless I chop down a neighbor's tree so I'm stuck with ****ty TW. On the good side, they offer half my locals in HD so I'll still get a good chunk of football games in HD, just not the Bills for the most part.
Unless I'm mistaken every game this year should be in HD.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Unless I'm mistaken every game this year should be in HD.

My local CBS is behind the times and doesn't offer HD. Yes, all games are going to be in HD but it's where available. Right now in Erie, TW offers FOX and NBC in HD so if the game is on CBS I'm screwed.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:10 AM
You are also quick to blame without the facts. Have you seen what they wanted Time Warner to pay for it? Yet they wanted them to also offer it for free instead of on a sports tier package.... :ill:Well Time Warner is too cheap to get the BTN as well so I am siding against TW on this one

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
My local CBS is behind the times and doesn't offer HD. Yes, all games are going to be in HD but it's where available. Right now in Erie, TW offers FOX and NBC in HD so if the game is on CBS I'm screwed.Same with my locals

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Dish Network and Verizon both carry NFLN, perhaps TW is the cheap ass in all of this.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
My local CBS is behind the times and doesn't offer HD. Yes, all games are going to be in HD but it's where available. Right now in Erie, TW offers FOX and NBC in HD so if the game is on CBS I'm screwed.
That sucks. Oh well, if you can't get a game for some reason PM me, you can use the Slingbox.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Just as DTV, DISH, Comcast all carry the Big Ten Network

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Anyone going to have the game on their slingbox this Sunday? I can pay ZBs if you let me watch. :naughty:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Just as DTV, DISH, Comcast all carry the Big Ten Network
Yup, BTN is great in the off-season.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:17 AM
That sucks. Oh well, if you can't get a game for some reason PM me, you can use the Slingbox.

I'll still get the games, just not in HD...which based off the last two games I've watched since getting my new tv, it sucks ass watching it without HD. I've been watching a ton of the Olympics simply because it's in HD. I think I'm becoming an HD snob now.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I am too

BlackMetalNinja
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I'll be watching in HD... And Mikey, your excuse of DirecTV being too expsensive is hilarious. Time Warner is certainly more expensive, bundle or not... I just switched, I would know.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
If he doesn't get locals then I understand his stance on DirectTV but if locals are available to him I don't see any reason not to switch.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:22 AM
If he doesn't get locals then I understand his stance on DirectTV but if locals are available to him I don't see any reason not to switch.
nope, no locals. And we also have 6 TVs in the house, and we just have regular connected to them. The digital cable box is downstairs.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Well then I would think you'll have to make do without this one Bills pre-season game or make arrangements to go see it. It's not like it's a regular season game, and it's not like it is every week so I wouldn't worry about it.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Well then I would think you'll have to make do without this one Bills pre-season game or make arrangements to go see it. It's not like it's a regular season game, and it's not like it is every week so I wouldn't worry about it.
true, but it still pisses me off. Why are we connected part of the home market for a black out? Yet for this, we aren't... WTF! :mad:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:25 AM
true, but it still pisses me off. Why are we connected part of the home market for a black out? Yet for this, we aren't... WTF! :mad:
So move out of the house and get your own place in Buffalo.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:28 AM

:idunno:

The NFL likes to screw people over?

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Mikey thinks so

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, they kinda do. Think about the point he is making, it is a valid point. How come for me living in Erie, if they don't sell out a game I get blacked out? I'm part of the Buffalo market. How come during the pre-season my local CBS is obligated to show the game? I'm part of the Buffalo market. But when NFLN has exclusive rights to the game, I'm not part of the Buffalo market. Funny how that works.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:33 AM

The NFL has never screwed me over, they offer a service and you can either pay for the NFL's service or you or you don't.

billsburgh
08-19-2008, 10:37 AM
that's an excellent point Mikey

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:48 AM

Yeah they do. :mad:

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, they kinda do. Think about the point he is making, it is a valid point. How come for me living in Erie, if they don't sell out a game I get blacked out? I'm part of the Buffalo market. How come during the pre-season my local CBS is obligated to show the game? I'm part of the Buffalo market. But when NFLN has exclusive rights to the game, I'm not part of the Buffalo market. Funny how that works.
EXACTLY! :bf1:

That's my point for this thread. It's a bunch of bull****. :mad:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
So watch it on the Slingbox and be happy......... or drive to Buffalo and watch it at a sports bar.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
EXACTLY! :bf1:

That's my point for this thread. It's a bunch of bull****. :mad:you are a big whiney baby

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah they do. :mad:no they don't

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
So watch it on the Slingbox and be happy......... or drive to Buffalo and watch it at a sports bar.
How do I watch it on the Sling Box? Anyone have one that I can borrow? :D

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:53 AM
How do I watch it on the Sling Box? Anyone have one that I can borrow? :D
If it will curb your *****ing you can use mine..... Don't you attend every home game anyway? Why not just go to OP and watch it at a bar?

Michael82
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
you are a big whiney baby
Bite me, fin fan!

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Bite me, fin fan!truth hurts eh:snicker:

The Spaz
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Umm you do do get local channels with Directtv!

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Umm you do do get local channels with Directtv!
And if you don't you can buy the antenna for twenty bucks from Best Buy.

Wally The Barber
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
Move to Florida, I see them all (lol)

OpIv37
08-19-2008, 11:16 AM

for the record, DirecTV makes an HD antenna that's ATTACHED to the satellite and you can get your locals with the over-the-air antenna, completely integrated into your guide and DVR (if you have one).

So, it's a total myth that you can't have locals for HD.

And why can't you get locals over the air in February? If you're talking about digital conversion, you have your facts wrong. The DirecTV receiver can receive the digital signal so you can still get over the air channels and you won't need any converter box (in fact, any HDTV with an HD antenna is already receiving the digital signal over the air).

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
nope, because the antenna won't work as of February. :::
YES IT WILL if it's from DirecTV; it can be purchased at Best Buy.

billsburgh
08-19-2008, 12:38 PM
hey Mikey, Mike Catalana from channel 13 is on your side
http://www.13wham.com/content/sports/openmike/story.aspx?content_id=e453964d-652d-4523-8225-5290b69c01a1

Bone
08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Well I'm watching on sunday, go to a bar or something no need to complain.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Excellent post! It's the same way here. You can't get locals with DirecTV either.

Get DishNetwork.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes! Local channels are available in your area: Rochester NY 14623 We have provided a complete list of local stations and channel numbers below.
<!-- begin optional target/ordering module -->
HD Local Channels: High-definition (HD) local channels from DIRECTV are not available in your area at this time.<!-- @key: message.lil.hdchannels.notavailable --> <!-- Standard Local Channels: -->
Available Channels

<TABLE class="resultTable resultTableNarrow"><THEAD><TR class=headings><!-- @integration: table headings. do not loop this row --><TH class=network>Network</TH><TH class=affiliate>Affiliate</TH><TH class=localNum>Local Channel #</TH><TH class=threeDigNum>3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers)</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>CBS</TD><TD>WROC</TD><TD>8</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>NBC</TD><TD>WHEC</TD><TD>10</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>ABC</TD><TD>WHAM</TD><TD>13</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>CW</TD><TD>CW</TD><TD>14</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>PBS</TD><TD>WXXI</TD><TD>21</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>FOX</TD><TD>WUHF</TD><TD>31</TD><TD></TD></TR><!--output oparam of foreach--><!- empty oparam of foreach droplet--><!--output of foreach--><TR><TD>TFT</TD><TD>TFT</TD><TD>431</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HD locals are not available in Rochester, but non-HD is available.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2008, 01:03 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=LARGE_BOLD_TEXT align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2>LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE </TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>Rochester, NY Local Network Package</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR><!-- Is not eligible for HD OTA --><TR><TD colSpan=3>Please note: Only channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high definition off-air antenna.</TD></TR><!-- Eligible for HD OTA (Direct and Retailer --><!-- Eligible for HD OTA (Retailer only --><TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD id=LARGE_BOLD_TEXT align=left>Local channels currently available in this package:</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><TABLE width=450 border=1><TBODY><TR class=TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=3>Rochester, NY Locals Package - $5.99 per month</TD></TR><TR class=headerbar vAlign=bottom><TD align=left>Station </TD><TD align=middle width=120>Local Channel Number </TD><TD align=middle width=120>Dish Channel Number </TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ROCHESTER ABC-WHAM (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51655)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>13</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7634</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ROCHESTER CBS-WROC (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51236)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>8</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7635</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ROCHESTER FOX-WUHF (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51239)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>31</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7637</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ROCHESTER NBC-WHEC (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51238)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>10</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7636</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ROCHESTER PBS-WXXI (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51240)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>21</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7640</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/rconnecthtml/images/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD id=CONTENT align=left>**CW Programming on Dish Channel Number 251 where available

Dishnetwork also has locals in Rochester, albeit not HD

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=LARGE_BOLD_TEXT align=left bgColor=#ffffff colSpan=2>LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE </TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>Erie, PA (129 Dish) Local Network Package</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR><!-- Is not eligible for HD OTA --><TR><TD colSpan=3>Please note: Only channels denoted by "HD" are in high definition. Those without this notation are only available in standard definition.

If you do not see HD local channels currently available in your area, you may still be able to receive them via a high definition off-air antenna.</TD></TR><!-- Eligible for HD OTA (Direct and Retailer --><!-- Eligible for HD OTA (Retailer only --><TR><TD><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD id=LARGE_BOLD_TEXT align=left>Local channels currently available in this package:</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><TABLE width=450 border=1><TBODY><TR class=TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=left colSpan=3>Erie, PA (129 Dish) Locals Package - $5.99 per month</TD></TR><TR class=headerbar vAlign=bottom><TD align=left>Station </TD><TD align=middle width=120>Local Channel Number </TD><TD align=middle width=120>Dish Channel Number </TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ERIE ABC-WJET (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51707)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>24</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7041</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ERIE CBS-WSEE (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51708)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>5</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7042</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ERIE FOX-WFXP (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51710)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>66</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7044</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ERIE NBC-WICU (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51709)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>12</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7043</TD></TR><TR><TD class=data>ERIE PBS-WQLN (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/channels/index.asp?NetwID=51711)</TD><TD class=data align=middle>54</TD><TD class=data align=middle>7047</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/rconnecthtml/images/clear.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left> </TD></TR><TR><TD id=CONTENT align=left>**CW Programming on Dish Channel Number 251 where available

Dishnetwork also has locals in Erie
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SquishDaFish
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
New sat is launched for Direct TV your area should have locals by the 1st of the year.

SquishDaFish
08-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I bet you just got those locals too Rockstar because of that new sat. Now go get yourself Direct TV!!

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
for the record, DirecTV makes an HD antenna that's ATTACHED to the satellite and you can get your locals with the over-the-air antenna, completely integrated into your guide and DVR (if you have one).

So, it's a total myth that you can't have locals for HD.

And why can't you get locals over the air in February? If you're talking about digital conversion, you have your facts wrong. The DirecTV receiver can receive the digital signal so you can still get over the air channels and you won't need any converter box (in fact, any HDTV with an HD antenna is already receiving the digital signal over the air).

That is news to me. If that is a fact, and I wouldn't lose them in February, then I would highly consider getting DirectTV when I move. Do you have any links as to where I can find out about that stuff?

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
I know Doc, but like I said, I have no line of sight for Dish at the new place.

OpIv37
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
That is news to me. If that is a fact, and I wouldn't lose them in February, then I would highly consider getting DirectTV when I move. Do you have any links as to where I can find out about that stuff?

not off hand but I will try to find you some later.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm looking at the site now. I like the one package and it has a bunch of HD stations but I need to find about locals since football games are all on local.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh my...

MSG HD would be part of my normal package because I'm in the Buffalo area. This might have just swayed my decision bigtime...the price of Center Ice through TW would be way more than the price of DirectTV.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Just what I thought. Everything on the DTV site says I can get a rooftop antenna, or set top, both of which suck and I wouldn't want that.

OpIv37
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Just what I thought. Everything on the DTV site says I can get a rooftop antenna, or set top, both of which suck and I wouldn't want that.

but rooftop antennas are cheap and you can set it up with your satellite. The new HD antennas are small- they're not those radio tower monstrosities from the 60's.

SquishDaFish
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM
I wouldnt worry to much about locals right now. They are just starting to roll out channels from the new sat they launched. People that dont get locals period should start to get them by 1st of year and people that do get locals should have them in HD soon.

RockStar36
08-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Well I won't be able to mount an antenna to the roof since my landlord won't go for that. If they were to roll out locals, that would be the day I would order the service. However, in the meantime, I need locals in order to view the Bills every single week.

Michael82
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Well I won't be able to mount an antenna to the roof since my landlord won't go for that. If they were to roll out locals, that would be the day I would order the service. However, in the meantime, I need locals in order to view the Bills every single week.
plus you'd rather get the HD locals that Time Warner offers. That's why would sway me to stay....

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Well I won't be able to mount an antenna to the roof since my landlord won't go for that. If they were to roll out locals, that would be the day I would order the service. However, in the meantime, I need locals in order to view the Bills every single week.Why would you need locals to view the Bills if you got Sunday NFL Ticket?

OpIv37
08-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Why would you need locals to view the Bills if you got Sunday NFL Ticket?

because if the local channel picks up a game, Sunday Ticket blacks it out in the local area to force you to watch it on the local channel. It's NFL policy to make everyone watch the local channel.

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 07:09 PM
because if the local channel picks up a game, Sunday Ticket blacks it out in the local area to force you to watch it on the local channel. It's NFL policy to make everyone watch the local channel.not if locals are unavailable in your area:idunno:

mikemac2001
08-19-2008, 10:40 PM
who really cares....i will go to a bar before i spend 20 mins crying about direct tv or cable or local

i will just go to the bar....watch it get some half price appetizers and enjoy the ****ing game

sorry if its to hard to put your pants on

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:41 PM
who really cares....i will go to a bar before i spend 20 mins crying about direct tv or cable or local

i will just go to the bar....watch it get some half price appetizers and enjoy the ****ing game

sorry if its to hard to put your pants on
Word to your home work.

superbills
08-19-2008, 10:46 PM
not if locals are unavailable in your area

But the NFL doesn't care that locals aren't available on your system. If there's a local channel available via cable or other means, they are contractually obliged to blackout the Sunday Ticket game. There are no waivers simply because DirecTV doesn't offer the local station...

tat2dmike77
08-19-2008, 10:51 PM
There is to much crying in this thread over stupid ass crap

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:52 PM
But the NFL doesn't care that locals aren't available on your system. If there's a local channel available via cable or other means, they are contractually obliged to blackout the Sunday Ticket game. There are no waivers simply because DirecTV doesn't offer the local station...Understood, but if you cannot receive locals via DirecTV, then the game would be shown on the local channel near the teams local area up on one on the 700+ channels

LtFinFan66
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
There is to much crying in this thread over stupid ass craponly Mikey is crying

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:59 PM
only Mikey is crying
And I've offered him a solution on more than one occasion. SLINGBOX; I've offered my services.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I have a friend that runs and installs cable lines for TWC and he says that it's not the money it's that TWC wants to put NFLN in it's InDemand sports package with MLB Extra Innings and Center Ice and NFLN won't let them do it.

lmcshadow
08-19-2008, 11:13 PM

Oh and **** TIME WARNER! :mad: :curse:
Im with you Micky :rockon:

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Im with you Micky :rockon:
Yeah Michael, I'm with you too.

SquishDaFish
08-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I have a friend that runs and installs cable lines for TWC and he says that it's not the money it's that TWC wants to put NFLN in it's InDemand sports package with MLB Extra Innings and Center Ice and NFLN won't let them do it.

You are right. NFL wants the NFLChannel to be included free and want the customers not to have to pay to get the channel. Thats what is holding it up from being included.

SquishDaFish
08-20-2008, 07:18 AM
Rockstar go to www.directtv.com search locals and input your zipcode. I know Rochester has locals now and am hearing via www.dbstalk.com that Rochesters locals just went HD this morning.

LtFinFan66
08-20-2008, 07:19 AM
You are right. NFL wants the NFLChannel to be included free and want the customers not to have to pay to get the channel. Thats what is holding it up from being included.yet according to Mikey, the NFL are the greedy ones:rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
08-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Well LT Mikey is wrong then. Because as described above that is the problem with the channel not making it to all homes in the US.

RockStar36
08-20-2008, 08:13 AM
Why would you need locals to view the Bills if you got Sunday NFL Ticket?

Why would I order Sunday Ticket if I can get all the Bills games for free on local stations?

RockStar36
08-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Rockstar go to www.directtv.com (http://www.directtv.com) search locals and input your zipcode. I know Rochester has locals now and am hearing via www.dbstalk.com (http://www.dbstalk.com) that Rochesters locals just went HD this morning.

Already did, no locals.

I think I'm sticking with TW for now. Like I said, the day DTV gets locals I will make the switch. I actually planned for the last year now to switch to Dish when I moved and then I found out this place can't get Dish, I'm quite upset about it.

SquishDaFish
08-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Well dont worry with the new sat up Im sure your locals will be out soon.

RockStar36
08-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Not to debate over it, but for the record, DTV has been saying Erie will be getting locals for a few years now. Until I actually see it happen, I won't believe it.

SquishDaFish
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Yea well the launching of the new sat recently will accomplish that fact

RockStar36
08-20-2008, 10:30 AM
We'll see I guess