• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

TMQ Slams Jauron

TMQ breaks down the AFC team by team and wonders if defenses are catching up to the shotgun spread.

Buffalo: This year's Miami "at" Buffalo game in Toronto reduces the Bills' home dates to seven. But unlike the Dolphins and Saints, penalized by losing a home game for "home" appearances in London, developing a Toronto relationship should be good for the Bills. Now check the favor the league did for Buffalo in this year's sked -- only one Orchard Park game in December, and that against the sinister-but-popular Patriots. The Bills always sell out their pre-Thanksgiving games, but struggle to move December tickets, since locals know snow will have set in by then. For 2008, Buffalo has only one December true home game to sell, which won't a problem with the Patriots as the opponent. The Toronto game is in December; though north of Buffalo, Toronto gets considerably less snow, owing to lake-effect weather patterns. Even though the game will be played indoors at Rogers Centre, it will likely be easier to get around Toronto than Buffalo on Dec. 7. For several seasons now, the NFL has both limited Buffalo's December home dates, and made sure that December visitors are attractive to ticket buyers. Between scheduling favors and the new revenue-sharing deal, which is favorable to small-market teams, the NFL seems to be signaling it wants the Bills to be successful in Buffalo.
    Last year, Buffalo had a league-low 20 offensive touchdowns. Bills draftees James Hardy and Xavier Omon combined for 53 touchdowns last season in college, more than double the entire Buffalo offense. The Ivies played well on special teams and on defense -- subtract two blowouts by New England, and Buffalo allowed 18 points per game, a strong figure. But the offense was cover-your-eyes awful: predictable (57 percent rushing on first down, despite opponents OBVIOUSLY stacking the box on first downs), throwing almost exclusively short, unable to kill the clock to hold late leads created by defense and special teams (Buffalo lost to Dallas and Denver despite having late leads and possession of the ball).
    Buffalo's Ivy League coach, Dick Jauron, is a fine man but low-voltage personified; he's like a car battery that won't turn the engine on a cold morning. Jauron has just one winning season in seven as a head coach. Losing does not seem to bother him; he's never animated on the sidelines or upset after a loss, and he wasn't upset even after the Bills allowed two scores in the final 20 seconds to lose 25-24 to Dallas before a national audience on "Monday Night Football." Team spirit is high in Buffalo, but the team mindset is all wrong, mirroring the coach. Jauron's gift is lowering expectations; this is his third season in Buffalo, yet he's still talking only about "improvement," not winning. Much of the time, the objective seems to be to lose with dignity. Trailing New England 42-7 in the second half, the Bills kicked a field goal. Trailing New England 56-10 in the fourth quarter, Buffalo punted from midfield. Those were Jauron's decisions and the message sent was, "Oh well, another loss, right you are chaps, pip pip." For a once-proud franchise that has not made the postseason in this decade, the Bills need an attitude adjustment.

Ouch!! Not anthing ground-breaking, but he really pinpoints Jauron's flaws, and also made good points about the schedule.

• theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: TMQ Slams Jauron

This year Juaron and the team have been preaching playoffs. The Bills attitude is different this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

truth hurts
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by theanswer74
        This year Juaron and the team have been preaching playoffs. The Bills attitude is different this year.
        the team has. Jauron, that I remember at least, has not.

Comment

• theanswer74
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          the team has. Jauron, that I remember at least, has not.
          I do think he did say that was the goal, but anyways it's like the Levy teams, you need self motivated players to win.

Levy added the right players once again.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

I have been saying this about DJ since we hired him, he will be the downfall of this team, he is not a leader he is a yes man
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• theanswer74
              • Apr 2004

And you go, Juaron's change is clear....

"Every year is a critical year in our business," he said. "But this year coming up for us for our staff and our football team is really a critical year."

"You're always looking to better yourself in every area," said Jauron. "We'll do that in free agency and the draft and all that study really starts now. In terms of what we do we have to study that too. We took significant steps in improving our offensive line a year ago in free agency and I believe it paid off. But we've got to make it pay off in the near future, talking about next year and making a run at the playoffs. We've got to take that next step."

"There's no sense dancing around the fact that we're going into a critical year," he said. "The more continuity we have the better, particularly since we believe we're moving in the right direction. With what we've done in our personnel moves the last two years and in our attitude, I'm real happy with how it's worked out."

And as encouraged as he is with the talent on hand and the progress that's been made Jauron knows that making it to the postseason in 2008 is now the expectation.

"It is for us," he said. "It definitely is for us."

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by theanswer74
                And you go, Juaron's change is clear....

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5835

nice. good find.

lets see some results now Jauron.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

I admire people who can contain their emotions..and focus on what went wrong or right, depending on the outcome. Jauron is a smart man, his face may be expressionless, but you know he's always thinking.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                    I admire people who can contain their emotions..and focus on what went wrong or right, depending on the outcome. Jauron is a smart man, his face may be expressionless, but you know he's always thinking.
                    well apparently he's not thinking about football. Seriously, we don't need some basket case like Vermeil who's going to break down and start crying or some raving lunatic like Bobby Knight, but some excitement at a win and frustration at a loss would be nice.

There is footage of almost every head coach berating the refs for a bad call, except Jauron. Or if he has, I've never seen it. He certainly hasn't done it as head coach of the Bills.

There is a thinking aspect to football, but it's not a damn Sodoku puzzle. It's not 100% mental- sometimes you have to show some emotion and/or stand up for yourself and just hit someone in the mouth. Jauron doesn't seem to have that mentality.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I'm glad he's not like the old Parcells.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Jauron is a smart man, his face may be expressionless, but you know he's always thinking.
                        Smart means nothing without wins. I'd rather have an idiot that produces.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• evol4276
                          • Oct 2005

well thats nothing new.. ive said it before it drives me nuts with his non-emotional stand during games. i still like him but thats one thing i dont like.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Smart means nothing without wins. I'd rather have an idiot that produces.
                            everyone probably would
                            I still admire him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

everyone probably would
                              I still admire him.
                              OP had unrealitstic expectations the last 2 years and we went back and forth with me trying to defend Jauron. Dick is nothing special or else he would've turned this program in less than the average turn around which is 3 years. No more defending Dick. He better produce or BZ will have 2 OP's.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X