PDA

View Full Version : "Anything that makes us score"

Mitchell55
08-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Dick Jauron Quote. Found here, along with a bills cbs impression.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10939216

Romes
08-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Thats actually a really good article. It gives you hope the Bills O can be better than expected.

Goobylal
08-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Actions, not words.

Romes
08-19-2008, 09:05 PM
Agreed but until they line up against the Seahawks all we got is words and some glorified practices.

theanswer74
08-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Actions, not words.
There was a thread today that stated Jauron doesn't talk the talk.

Goobylal
08-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats actually a really good article. It gives you hope the Bills O can be better than expected.
What gives me hope is that Schonert identified problems with the offense from last year and seems to have corrected them. I just hope he's strong enough to override Jauron's conservative nature.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:27 PM
What gives me hope is that Schonert identified problems with the offense from last year and seems to have corrected them. I just hope he's strong enough to override Jauron's conservative nature.
You can tell that from two pre-season games? One of which we did absolutely nothing on offense? It's wishful thinking but let's get a few games into the season before we start giving him too much credit, remember, there were times when our offense looked explosive under Mularkey and Fairchild too. Sadly it wasn't consistent enough with either one.

Goobylal
08-19-2008, 10:31 PM
You can tell that from two pre-season games? One of which we did absolutely nothing on offense? It's wishful thinking but let's get a few games into the season before we start giving him too much credit, remember, there were times when our offense looked explosive under Mularkey and Fairchild too. Sadly it wasn't consistent enough with either one.
I could tell it that based on the Steelers game.

Romes
08-19-2008, 10:36 PM
It didn't sound to me like he was giving them too much credit. :idunno:

Schonert has spoken about the problems with last year's offense and he has talked about what he will do to correct them. Which is a good start and the most we can ask for at this point.

gr8slayer
I could tell it that based on the Steelers game.
Jump to conclusions much?

gr8slayer
It didn't sound to me like he was giving them too much credit. :idunno:

Schonert has spoken about the problems with last year's offense and he has talked about what he will do to correct them. Which is a good start and the most we can ask for at this point.
Actions, not words. I'll believe it when I see it.

Romes
08-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Actions, not words. I'll believe it when I see it.

Obviously, but what are we supposed to talk about until the season starts?

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Obviously, but what are we supposed to talk about until the season starts?
I'll give you that; I'm just having a hard time keeping the faith in the team after what we've gone through the past decade. Literally nothing seems to ever work out for us and our problems seem so easily fixed.

Romes
08-19-2008, 10:49 PM
I'll give you that; I'm just having a hard time keeping the faith in the team after what we've gone through the past decade. Literally nothing seems to ever work out for us and our problems seem so easily fixed.

fair enough.

We're definitely overdue.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
fair enough.

We're definitely overdue.
Here's what I don't get about our offense. We might be the only team in the league that just refuses to run the play-action pass. With as much as we run why wouldn't you run it? We go off and draft one of the better receiving RB's in the draft but we never throw to him, did it not occur to us when NE was murdering our QB's that maybe we should throw a screen right at the blitz? What about the counter?

Why would we draft an athlete like Losman at QB and not utilize his athleticism? How many designed scrambles did we see? How many times did he tuck it and take off? Not nearly enough....

I just hate bad football and we are the definition of bad football; and sadly it starts with our owner and his inability to get the right GM and coach. Even worse, we have the talent on paper to keep up with all but about 5 teams in the league. I would love nothing more than to get into the play-offs and make some noise this year, but I won't get my hopes up.

Mitchell55
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Here's what I don't get about our offense. We might be the only team in the league that just refuses to run the play-action pass. With as much as we run why wouldn't you run it? We go off and draft one of the better receiving RB's in the draft but we never throw to him, did it not occur to us when NE was murdering our QB's that maybe we should throw a screen right at the blitz? What about the counter?

Why would we draft an athlete like Losman at QB and not utilize his athleticism? How many designed scrambles did we see? How many times did he tuck it and take off? Not nearly enough....

I just hate bad football and we are the definition of bad football; and sadly it starts with our owner and his inability to get the right GM and coach. Even worse, we have the talent on paper to keep up with all but about 5 teams in the league. I would love nothing more than to get into the play-offs and make some noise this year, but I won't get my hopes up.

Most of this contributes to the OC. If you havent noticed, we have a new one. Not only that, but he has also sayed everything you did will be changed. He actually recognizes it.

gr8slayer
08-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Most of this contributes to the OC. If you havent noticed, we have a new one. Not only that, but he has also sayed everything you did will be changed. He actually recognizes it.
You're killing me with your spelling.

Again, talk to me sometime around the bye week; we've heard similar things from past OC's and it didn't work out at all.