PDA

View Full Version : Our opponents TC notes...

Mitchy moo
08-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Matt Hasselback left practice with a very sore back, Ricky Williams is now listed as #1 on the depth chart in Miami, Derek Anderson from the browns got hurt after being sacked.

Tatonka
08-20-2008, 08:13 AM
i didnt see the game but heard that brady quinn looked sweet.

Mitchy moo
08-20-2008, 08:21 AM

Lol, not bad.

Bulldog
08-20-2008, 09:48 AM

I watched some of the game and Quinn did look pretty good. But for the love of god, the Browns couldn't do anything right for the first quarter and a half. Just putrid. At one point, they were down 30-3. Yikes. And FTY(Browns fan), for someone who bashed Buffalo's secondary, you wouldn't have to look any further than the Browns secondary to find the worst one in the NFL.

feelthepain
08-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I watched some of the game and Quinn did look pretty good. But for the love of god, the Browns couldn't do anything right for the first quarter and a half. Just putrid. At one point, they were down 30-3. Yikes. And FTY(Browns fan), for someone who bashed Buffalo's secondary, you wouldn't have to look any further than the Browns secondary to find the worst one in the NFL.

Well in their defense they were playing the defending SB Champs and that D is only going to get better.

feelthepain
08-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Matt Hasselback left practice with a very sore back, Ricky Williams is now listed as #1 on the depth chart in Miami, Derek Anderson from the browns got hurt after being sacked.

Like it or not, that's not a bad thing. Given Ronnie should let his knee heal fully, I think this is the best thing for the Dolphins. Ricky is a more talented football player, he should be healthy as a horse since he's taken little abuse the last 2 seasons and from all the reports he's in the best shape of his career.

VeggieMan14
08-20-2008, 10:20 AM
i didnt see the game but heard that brady quinn looked sweet.he looked ok the td pass he threw was all the WR he pretty much threw a pick but the wideout stole the ball back

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
Like it or not, that's not a bad thing.

If he keeps his head in the game and can play a full season w/o injury he is a very talented back.

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM

:snicker:

VeggieMan14
08-20-2008, 10:23 AM
If he keeps his head in the game and can play a full season w/o injury he is a very talented back. and if he can stay conditioned with those black lungs of his

feelthepain
08-20-2008, 10:31 AM
If he keeps his head in the game and can play a full season w/o injury he is a very talented back.

Given his history, us Dolphin fans can't ignore that fact. However Ricky has shown a lot more love for the game when he has a coach that believes in him. Word is TS & BP like Ricky alot, and every report from camp is saying Ricky is the best player on the team. The Soth Florida media hasn't been kind to Ricky for obvious reason, so for them to make a constant effort to point this out says a lot about how Ricky has shown up to play this year.

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Given his history, us Dolphin fans can't ignore that fact. However Ricky has shown a lot more love for the game when he has a coach that believes in him. Word is TS & BP like Ricky alot, and every report from camp is saying Ricky is the best player on the team. The Soth Florida media hasn't been kind to Ricky for obvious reason, so for them to make a constant effort to point this out says a lot about how Ricky has shown up to play this year.
yeah,yeah. Saban liked MUlarkey and Bennie Anderson a lot too. Parcells like Drew Bledsoe too.

cocamide
08-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Well in their defense they were playing the defending SB Champs and that D is only going to get better.

A team without their top 3 wide receivers!

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2008, 10:45 AM

I would be just as concerned with injuries. He is in his 30's and even got hurt in the CFL. RBs tend to break down after 30, although he has not taken a beating the last few years.

Bulldog
08-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Whatever. They were playing the Giants minus Plex, S. Smith, and Tyree. That secondary made Domenik Hixon look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Mark my words, that secondary will hurt the Browns this year, big time.

feelthepain
08-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I would be just as concerned with injuries. He is in his 30's and even got hurt in the CFL. RBs tend to break down after 30, although he has not taken a beating the last few years.

Yeah but, when you consider hasn't taken the pounding he would have over the last two years that does make a difference. And injuries can happen to the youngest of players. I'm thrilled with where the Dolphins are at the RB position, we still have Patrick Cobbs who no pus hover and we have rookie Jalen Parmele who in his final year of college alone rushed for over 1,500 yards with a 5.5 YPC avg and 14 rushing TD's. Ronnie can also play, but if they choose to sit him, which I think they should do till maybe midseason or longer we are not hurting at the RB position at all.

feelthepain
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Whatever. They were playing the Giants minus Plex, S. Smith, and Tyree. That secondary made Domenik Hixon look like the second coming of Jerry Rice. Mark my words, that secondary will hurt the Browns this year, big time.

I'm not saying they won't, I'm just saying the Giants look real good.

Coach Sal
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
1. Ricky Williams has had a terrific camp in Miami.

2. The Browns trading Leigh Bodden (and a 3rd round pick!!) for Shaun Rogers was stupid when they did it, and it will turn out to be a disaster for them. He's a good young corner and they were bad against the pass last year.

madness
08-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Too bad the Browns don't play the Patriots this year. That would have "over" written all over it.

Mitchy moo
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM

Ricky is a year older and strange, anything that cat does can't suprise me. He may take half the season off to meditate, who really knows?

Lexwhat
08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
1. Ricky Williams has had a terrific camp in Miami.

2. The Browns trading Leigh Bodden (and a 3rd round pick!!) for Shaun Rogers was stupid when they did it, and it will turn out to be a disaster for them. He's a good young corner and they were bad against the pass last year.

I strongly disagree with #2. The trade won't be a disaster. The Browns were actually worse against the run last year than the Bills, and they did a great job of solidifying their Front 7.

With that being said, the Browns are still not a great team. IMO, Derek Anderson is a clown, but blessed with extraordinary talent around him. He will never lead them deep into the playoffs.