PDA

View Full Version : I see a bright side here...

mybills
08-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Say they give Trent a couple of weeks to completely heal. Since JP plays good every other game, and he just bombed, he'll play good against the Colts. Even if he bombs against Detroit, we could be 2-2 going into the Seattle game with a healthy Trent back in to start the season.

:gobills:

Romes
08-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Actually we'd be 0-0 going into the Seahawk game...

:couch:

TacklingDummy
08-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Say they give Trent a couple of weeks to completely heal. There is no bright side to a couple weeks when Trent needs all the work he can get.

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Say they give Trent a couple of weeks to completely heal. Since JP plays good every other game, and he just bombed, he'll play good against the Colts. Even if he bombs against Detroit, we could be 2-2 going into the Seattle game with a healthy Trent back in to start the season.

:gobills:
I would've rather had Trent take the snaps. He needs it more since he's the starter regardless of whether JP does well or not.

PromoTheRobot
08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
It's a freakin thigh bruise, not a pulled hammy. TE will be back tomorrow. Geez!

JP lovers remind me of slot machine players. That next quarter is the one that hits the jackpot...and all JP needs is one more start to break it wide open. :laughing:

PTR

Mitchy moo
08-20-2008, 09:33 AM
There is no bright side to a couple weeks when Trent needs all the work he can get.

Bingo, work it out with the first team now.

mayotm
08-20-2008, 09:33 AM
There is no bright side to a couple weeks when Trent needs all the work he can get.The bright side is that the injury does not appear to be serious.

TacklingDummy
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
The bright side is that the injury does not appear to be serious.

I doubt it will be a couple of weeks. Probably more like a couple of days.

HAMMER
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Drivel.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Drivel.:rockon:

Yasgur's Farm
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
It's a freakin thigh bruise, not a pulled hammy. TE will be back tomorrow. Geez!

JP lovers remind me of slot machine players. That next quarter is the one that hits the jackpot...and all JP needs is one more start to break it wide open. :laughing:

PTRWhy are you attacking? That's just childish. Nobody said anything about JP needing another opportunity.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
There's no bright side when the first two games of the season are really like preseason games for Edwards.

Mitchell55
08-22-2008, 07:00 PM
What we should do is play JP every other game. Thats 8 wins, and Trent should get us a good 6. 14-2 easily.

Im not a JP supporter, its almost fact.

mybills
08-23-2008, 05:58 AM
:laughing:

:lolpoint: PTR

Nighthawk
08-23-2008, 07:56 AM
There's no good side to this...it only proves that Dickey just doesn't understand that Trent needs as much gametime experience as possible before the regular season. If all of these guys don't play much this game, then I would hope he would play them some more the final week of preseason. I just get this feeling we're heading for another slow start to the season.

mybills
08-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Nah, it's not a mild bruise, and Trent isn't a wimp..like some have suggested. It's a deep contusion/bruise, and if he goes in too soon and aggravates it more, he won't be ready for Detroit or Seahawks. He'll be ok by Thurs, if he rests it Sunday. :up:

PromoTheRobot
08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
Why are you attacking? That's just childish. Nobody said anything about JP needing another opportunity.
First I'm not attacking. Second you have to be oblivious not to see how JP fans drool at every chance to claim there is a QB controversy. It's sad really. They so want their guy to be #1, as we all did once. But the fact is JP can't hack it.

PTR

mybills
08-24-2008, 09:15 AM
First I'm not attacking. Second you have to be oblivious not to see how JP fans drool at every chance to claim there is a QB controversy. It's sad really. They so want their guy to be #1, as we all did once. But the fact is JP can't hack it.

PTR
Except that I wasn't drooling over him. I was just seeing the bright side to his good/bad play every other game. He SUCKED last time, so he should do GOOD this time. He's known for it.

It's also more important to give Trent time to heal that deep bruise which is on his plant leg, than it is to get him in this game injured just so he can have more practice. Cripe! :shakeno:

Yasgur's Farm
08-24-2008, 09:43 AM

PTRYou're really not seeing the contradiction are you... You say your not attacking in 4 words, then you proceed to attack with your remaining 47 words. That's like 94% attack.

There can't be a QB controversy without side B... By your unprovoked attack, looks to me like we have that side B.