PDA

View Full Version : is it better for team morale that peters didn't show?

trapezeus
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Boldin definitely wants a new contract and has complained to everyone that would listen (mostly the media). now he wants a trade. you can't help but think that's a distraction. he calls the coaches out on stuff and obviously players will split up and take sides.

The peters thing sucks the way it is, but had he come in and complained that he hated this place, that he was being jobbed, it probably would be more detrimental to the team overall. And if it got to the point of asking for a trade, i can only imagine how this would have become a focal point.

My impression is that the playerw know this is an issue and lets it stay between the bills and peters since neither has brought it out to the media's attention.

If it had to go down a certain way, i'm happy that the peters situation is playing out the way it has behind the scenes and with less drama. hopefully the resolution comes out soon and while they disagree it remains civil so the players can play.

Bulldog
08-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I thought about this for all of .0000001 second and the answer is an emphatic no. If Buffalo has stated that they won't negotiate with Peters until he shows up, the best case scenario would be that he shows up and works on a new deal. By him staying away, nothing has been accomplished.

trapezeus
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
well i meant it more that is it better for peters to stay away and let the team do what they have to do or have him show up and half-ss it and complain about everything to the media very publically.

Wally The Barber
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't underestimate the importance of building depth at that position.

Butler will be a much better back up with the added time filling in for Peters

Nice thread.

gr8slayer
08-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Both situations suck ass, but Peters is far more underpaid than Boldin right now.

madness
08-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Both situations suck ass, but Peters is far more underpaid than Boldin right now.

Are you qualified to make such a statement?

Oaf
08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Good thread Trap, I agree. If we had to choose either, the Peters route would be better.

Gr8, both are top players at their positions, both make around 4 mill, both deserve 7 to 9 mill, both happily signed an extension offered by their teams a few seasons ago, both have a few years left on the deal too. One is staying away, one's making a scene. Which is better? Peters imo.

casdhf
08-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Are you qualified to make such a statement?
Has that ever stopped him before? :hi5:

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Boldin definitely wants a new contract and has complained to everyone that would listen (mostly the media). now he wants a trade. you can't help but think that's a distraction. he calls the coaches out on stuff and obviously players will split up and take sides.

The peters thing sucks the way it is, but had he come in and complained that he hated this place, that he was being jobbed, it probably would be more detrimental to the team overall. And if it got to the point of asking for a trade, i can only imagine how this would have become a focal point.

My impression is that the playerw know this is an issue and lets it stay between the bills and peters since neither has brought it out to the media's attention.

If it had to go down a certain way, i'm happy that the peters situation is playing out the way it has behind the scenes and with less drama. hopefully the resolution comes out soon and while they disagree it remains civil so the players can play.Peters is still an idiot.

He can't pull a Boldin after he just signed a contract giving him more $ in 06. Besides , unlike Boldin who was drafted, the bills took a chance on Peters and developed him to what he is today.