X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Training camp awards

TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.

MVP - Lee Evans - He was clearly the most dominant player on the field from start to finish in camp.

MIP - Derek Schouman - His recent knee injury not withstanding, Schouman made a lot of progress with his game from year one to year two.

Best comeback - Robert Royal - Ko Simpson did well this offseason, but Royal was much further behind and has come a long way from just a couple of months ago to reclaim his game.

Most consistent - Evans, Jabari Greer, Chris Kelsay - These three players personify work ethic. They don't take a snap off, rarely ask for a lighter workload and it shows in their play.

Most elusive - Marshawn Lynch - His ability to bob and weave without losing speed is remarkable. Another strong camp for the Bills featured back.

Best hitter - Darian Barnes - While there wasn't any full live goal line team work, Barnes did lay some people out on special teams kick return drills. The Bills have themselves an old-fashioned fullback.

Most powerful - Marcus Stroud - The Bills big DT didn't get to flash his strength often in the camp setting as it's not full live football, but in one-on-one pass rush drills there was no stopping him.

Most versatile - Spencer Johnson - Johnson has lined up at both DT spots and defensive end. He's going to be even more valuable than he already is now if anyone should go down to injury on the D-line. Honorable mention to Jon Corto who moved from safety to linebacker.

Most pleasant surprise - Reggie Corner - I somewhat anticipated that Corner would hold his own in camp after watching him in OTAs, but he's been very good in the camp setting and was among the team leaders in interceptions with three. This fourth-round pick was a very, very good one.

Most inventive - Bobby April - the special teams coordinator continues to find ways to utilize every ounce of talent he has at his disposal. His use of John Wendling leaping over the lines on field goals to attempt a block is just one example.

--- http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Training camp awards

what about most disappointing? i would have to go with James Hardy sorry everyone, but he didnt do much so far hope he snaps out of his funk
    RUnning close second is John McCargo he did nothing either to improve his stock
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Oh come on CB! How the hell can Schouman get MIP when he's done jack in the preseason?? What a joke that is...

All he has been doing is giving Schouman more and more praise for the way he practices yet it so far has translated into nothing. He'd be my biggest dissapointment.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Confused
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jun 2007

Poz for best comeback?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          what about most disappointing? i would have to go with James Hardy sorry everyone, but he didnt do much so far hope he snaps out of his funk
          RUnning close second is John McCargo he did nothing either to improve his stock
          Now these are training camp awards....I've heard a decent amount about him making grabs in practices.

However, McCargo I agree on, though again, this was supposed to be based on camp, so I couldnt tell you for sure bc I havent been there.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

I love "Most Elusive". Who else would even be nominated for an award like that?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
              I love "Most Elusive". Who else would even be nominated for an award like that?
              roscoe should have won it.

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Oh come on CB! How the hell can Schouman get MIP when he's done jack in the preseason?? What a joke that is...

All he has been doing is giving Schouman more and more praise for the way he practices yet it so far has translated into nothing. He'd be my biggest dissapointment.
                TRAINING CAMP AWARDS: With training camp officially over here are our 2008 Training Camp Awards.
                not

PRESEASON CAMP AWARDS: With preseason officially over here are our 2008 Preseason Awards.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                  not
                  Yes I realize that but how can you give a guy most improved player when he isn't showing it in the games??
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Biggest Disappointment - Jason for not showing up.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Yes I realize that but how can you give a guy most improved player when he isn't showing it in the games??
                      I would have liked to see him play this week before I jumped to a conclusion.

I'm not saying I agree with the pick but he definitely stepped up his from last year.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

That damn Chris Brown and his positive threads.

We know better !
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Chris Brown Corporate Yes Man!

Gotta love him!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by madness
                            I would have liked to see him play this week before I jumped to a conclusion.

I'm not saying I agree with the pick but he definitely stepped up his from last year.
                            How??
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

How??
                              Whatever Chris Brown says is gospel.

BOW DOWN!

Comment

Working...
                              X