PDA

View Full Version : Bills camp report: New coordinator tries to bring life to offense

FlyingDutchman
08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10939216

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 02:01 PM
we'll see come regular season. Everyone said that Fairchild would be better than Mualrkey.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2008, 02:03 PM
My god, after reading that, I'm so glad Fairchild is gone...

trapezeus
08-20-2008, 03:20 PM
My god, after reading that, I'm so glad Fairchild is gone...

After reading that you're happy he's gone? I was happy when he announced he was leaving.

gr8slayer
08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
This is simply amazing to me:

In the past, that wasn't possible. If Edwards or J.P. Losman saw something he didn't like, he didn't have the option of calling an audible. He had to run the play, which might explain some bizarre events last season.

gr8slayer
08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Schonert tweaked some of the terminology in the offense and he employs more movement and different formations. But the biggest change is what he has done with his quarterbacks in general and Edwards in particular: He has given them more responsibility and flexibility.
This is great to hear, I know for a fact that there were several games last year where our QB went into the game with only five passing plays.

"We're going to do what I like to do, and what fits our players," said Schonert. "I'm sure there will be some differences in what we did last year. Anytime you change play-callers it's going to look different, even if you have the exact same offense, because your thought process is different, how you call plays is different and so is what you like in certain situations. Call plays based on your players strengths, what a novel idea. Why didn't our last two OC's think of that?

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 03:31 PM

and yet some people here expect our qbs to succeed under those conditions?

gr8slayer
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
and we expect our qbs to succeed?
Exactly, this should help Edwards a lot going into this season.

justasportsfan
08-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Exactly, this should help Edwards a lot going into this season.

yup. thats the way to devlop a qb and not the Fairchild way to go along with no weapons and no OL.

JJamezz
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Prevent offense, brilliant!

Meathead
08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
i would call it incredulous

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
JP had mentioned that early one game last year when he threw a disastrous pass when it was clear pre-snap what was going to happen and a run needed to be called.

I understand that sometimes he did not grasp the mental aspect of the game, but to give a QB zero audibles is beyond dumb.

Night Train
08-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Schonert is willing to attack on O and most only have the Steelers game to become encouraged...but at this point I hope Jauron has the common sense to stay the F*** out of his way and let him run this O.

The Steelers game reflected what I saw in camp. Throws to the TE, throws to the RB, delays/draws to the RB. Slants and deep posts to the WR's, keeping the D off-balance.

The kind of O playcalling we've been begging for.

VeggieMan14
08-20-2008, 08:19 PM
My god, after reading that, I'm so glad Fairchild is gone... wait you didnt here? we lost a great coach in fairchild marshall says so