PDA

View Full Version : Is Peters league's last notable holdout?

patmoran2006
08-20-2008, 07:34 PM
With Jackson reporting, is anyone else newsworthy currently still holding out?

Lexwhat
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM
Derrick Harvey?

patmoran2006
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Bad wording on my part.. I"m sorry.

I should've clarified and said "veterans"

Lexwhat
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Hmmm, well what's the deal with Plaxico Burress? Is he still holding out?

And Anquan Boldin seems to have some anger issues, so he might do something crazy...

clumping platelets
08-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Burress is in camp

RedEyE
08-21-2008, 07:22 AM
I heard it on NFL radio yesterday. There are only two holdouts remaining. Peters and some other schlum whose name currently eludes me.

DraftBoy
08-21-2008, 07:22 AM
Harvey is still holding out on the Jags??

RedEyE
08-21-2008, 07:23 AM

That could be him.

DraftBoy
08-21-2008, 07:27 AM
He is holding out and some people wanted us to draft him, where the hell is coastal and eyedog at??

RockStar36
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Burress is in camp, but not practicing because he is "injured". I read that it is his smart way of not holding out technically, but still not practicing because he wants his new deal.

gr8slayer
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Yup, he apparently wants to be paid like Mario Williams. So much for being the missing link in Jacksonville huh? If I were a rookie I'd be so excited to be at my first training camp, these guys are morons.

gr8slayer
08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Burress is in camp, but not practicing because he is "injured". I read that it is his smart way of not holding out technically, but still not practicing because he wants his new deal.
He's one of those guys that doesn't need to practice. In fact I don't know if he practiced a tall last year.

RockStar36
08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Yup, he apparently wants to be paid like Mario Williams. So much for being the missing link in Jacksonville huh? If I were a rookie I'd be so excited to be at my first training camp, these guys are morons.

Seriously. If I got drafted I would be so damn pumped to be in the NFL I would sign on the dotted line ASAP. Sometimes these people don't realize just how lucky they are.

gr8slayer
08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Seriously. If I got drafted I would be so damn pumped to be in the NFL I would sign on the dotted line ASAP. Sometimes these people don't realize just how lucky they are.
Yeah, but so many of these guys are so simple minded and their agents just run their lives.

RockStar36
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, but so many of these guys are so simple minded and their agents just run their lives.

Like the guy underneath your name?

gr8slayer
08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Like the guy underneath your name?
I don't doubt for a second that his agent has more to do with his holdout than he does. The agents only make 2% most of the time so they live for this kind of stuff because they know that the team will always crack eventually.

trapezeus
08-21-2008, 11:36 AM

this is kind of a crazy thing to say. because none of us have any talent to be on an NFL squad. So sure, we'd take whatever they give us to do it.

but if you know you belong in the NFL and you think based on the comparable prices you see of people as talented as you, you'd want to be paid what your worth. Otherwise they're using you and you're a chump.

for me, yeah, i'd be excited to get to a camp to play one practice play before being killed.

but this isn't fair to say at all since they have worked their entire life to get to this point and deserve to be at this level. There is so much hostility towards players who hold out, yet when the NFL network can't be brought to time warner because the billiondollar owners haven't raped the cable providers enough, no one mentions them in ill light.

It's an odd double standard.

RockStar36
08-21-2008, 11:49 AM
this is kind of a crazy thing to say. because none of us have any talent to be on an NFL squad. So sure, we'd take whatever they give us to do it.

but if you know you belong in the NFL and you think based on the comparable prices you see of people as talented as you, you'd want to be paid what your worth. Otherwise they're using you and you're a chump.

for me, yeah, i'd be excited to get to a camp to play one practice play before being killed.

but this isn't fair to say at all since they have worked their entire life to get to this point and deserve to be at this level. There is so much hostility towards players who hold out, yet when the NFL network can't be brought to time warner because the billiondollar owners haven't raped the cable providers enough, no one mentions them in ill light.

It's an odd double standard.

I guess.

But if it's true that he wants Mario Williams money he is crazy. Williams was a #1 overall pick and has produced in the NFL. Harvey wasn't a #1 and hasn't done squat. I don't know a lot about the situation so Jacksonville could be low-balling him but I would think Harvey should take a deal for less than the pick above him and more than the pick below him and just report to camp.