• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Buffalo Quick Hits

Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

"Head coach Dick Jauron has worked meticulously on getting the Bills to grasp the significance of a good start. Jauron knows that for his team to legitimately contend in a loaded AFC the team can ill-afford stumbling out of the blocks like recent years. Since the turn of the century the Bills are a paltry 10-22 over their first four games. Over the last eight seasons of opening month play they’ve went winless twice, won two games twice and have yet to start 3-1 or better. The last time the Bills started the first month with a winning record (3-1) was in 1999 and no coincidence the last time they made the playoffs."

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buffalo Quick Hits

Good stuff, pat.

Where did you hear that DJ is specifically working on starting off fast this year?
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

part of his Voo-Doo locker room talk.

We got quotes from a lot of players relaying how important a fast start is, but for that Bills Briefs column there I'm on a much more limited word count and am asked to touch on a variety of things.

I'm planning on doing a longer feature about the topic of a faster start with some quotes and lot more facts.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        http://buf.scout.com/2/781493.html

"Head coach Dick Jauron has worked meticulously on getting the Bills to grasp the significance of a good start. Jauron knows that for his team to legitimately contend in a loaded AFC the team can ill-afford stumbling out of the blocks like recent years. Since the turn of the century the Bills are a paltry 10-22 over their first four games. Over the last eight seasons of opening month play they’ve went winless twice, won two games twice and have yet to start 3-1 or better. The last time the Bills started the first month with a winning record (3-1) was in 1999 and no coincidence the last time they made the playoffs."
        So he plays Trent sparingly in the preseason???

If Trent doesnt play in the 3rd game, do you honestly think he will get his 3rd game reps in the 4th game?

I like what Jauron has done with this team in the regular season games. But I find it a bit hypocritical to say hes working hard to prepare them for a fast start whne many are questioning why he hasnt played Trent more in the preseason.

Good find though Pat.

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Trent has a ----bruise----- on his leg. Whoopity doo. Guess what Trent, you're going to probably have more bruises as the season goes on.

I hope Jauron plays him in this game and then Trent can have 2 full weeks of recovery until regular season starts. I want to know if we can build off of the success we had last Thursday or revert back to the mess in Washington.

Honestly, there is no excuse for him to not play. I hope all this precaution is due to the fact they want him to play Sunday.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i said in a different thread, that seeing that this is preseason, you take all the precaution so that he is at his healthiest for the season. There is zero point at pushing it in preseason games.

I do agree, he should be redshirt practicing if its nagging pain. but i don't need to see TE or any starter "man up" for TC/Preseason. i'll need to see it when it counts.

Comment

Working...
            X