• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Scott Wright's Mock Draft

In recent years the Bills have done a terrific job of bringing in young talent on both sides of the ball but one position where they still need some help is tight end. Robert Royal has not been the player they envisioned when he was brought in as a free agent and guys like Derek Schouman and Derek Fine are merely backups at best. Nothing aids the development of a young quarterback like Trent Edwards more than a good tight end to serve as a safety valve and if the Bills could get somebody to stretch the seem and open things up for their wideouts it would give the offense a whole new dimension. Travis Beckum is undersized and offers very little as a blocker but he is a tremendous athlete and can be a real weapon in the passing game. There is some debate as to whether Beckum is first round material but if Dustin Keller can go in the Top 32 picks then Beckum certainly could. Buffalo could also be in the market for an upgrade at safety alongside young starDonte Whitner, where neither Ko Simpson nor George Wilson have been able to establish themselves as reliable starters in the pros.

I'd be ecstatic if we got this dude.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Scott Wright's Mock Draft

That may possibly be one of the worst mocks he's ever produced...
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

In recent years the Bills have done a terrific job of bringing in young talent on both sides of the ball but one position where they still need some help is tight end. Robert Royal has not been the player they envisioned when he was brought in as a free agent and guys like Derek Schouman and Derek Fine are merely backups at best. Nothing aids the development of a young quarterback like Trent Edwards more than a good tight end to serve as a safety valve and if the Bills could get somebody to stretch the seem and open things up for their wideouts it would give the offense a whole new dimension. Travis Beckum is undersized and offers very little as a blocker but he is a tremendous athlete and can be a real weapon in the passing game. There is some debate as to whether Beckum is first round material but if Dustin Keller can go in the Top 32 picks then Beckum certainly could. Buffalo could also be in the market for an upgrade at safety alongside young starDonte Whitner, where neither Ko Simpson nor George Wilson have been able to establish themselves as reliable starters in the pros.

I'd be ecstatic if we got this dude.
      I find it funny that so many people expected big things out of Royal when he came here. In Washington he was never known for his receiving skills, he was known for his blocking skills and he's one of the better blocking TE's.
      Originally posted by DraftBoy
      That may possibly be one of the worst mocks he's ever produced...
      Way too early to tell; I can't stand people that do mocks this early in the year because you won't know crap until the season is over with.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Hey DB...TAYLOR MAYS IN 09!!!

I know you love the guy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          Hey DB...TAYLOR MAYS IN 09!!!

I know you love the guy.
          Don't get me started...he is more overrated than Thurm.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

Don't get me started...he is more overrated than Thurm.
            Is that even possible?

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
              Is that even possible?
              Sadly yes it is.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                Too sober for this...
                • Apr 2004

I usually like Scott Wright but even I couldn't stomach that mock draft. Of course, he'll change it a million times from now, so I'm sure it'll get better! Interesting that he sees us doing well to fall and pick at #21...but...overall, it needs alot of improvement.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

My criticisms-
                  2. Miami-Rey Maualuga-Miami doesnt have a huge need for an ILB unless Crowder struggles this season. Rey can't play OLB because of his limited athleticism and I think this is a bad pick for them. I think Davis at CB is a much smarter pick.

3. Atlanta-Vontae Davis-Why? This guy either doesn't pay attention to the Falcons or only looked at the Depth Chart. Atlanta has former 2nd Round pick Chris Houston at one corner and small school kid Brent Grimes at the other. Grimes has only done one thing all preseason...make plays. Davis is a bad pick here.

4. Lions-Chris Wells-They just took Kevin Smith and have Brian Calhoun on the roster why are they taking Wells??

10. Cincinnati-Brian Cushing-Not the top OLB in his class and a border line 1st Rounder

12. Chicago-Darius Heyward Bey-Not a 1st Round prospect at this point

14. Houston-Knowshon Moreno-No way he lasts this late, but the position is probably correct

15. Washington-Taylor Mays-Needs a lot of work and this projection is based on hype not production.

17. Tampa Bay-Michael Crabtree-Seriously?

19. Minnesota-Tim Tebow-Does not need a QB

21. Buffalo-Travis Beckum-Eh...

23. Arizona-Jamon Meredith-Robinson before Meredith

24. Green Bay-George Selvie-No way he drops this far

27. Jacksonville-Myron Rolle-Where is this guy going to play? And talk about picking based on hype...
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

My criticisms-
                    2. Miami-Rey Maualuga-Miami doesnt have a huge need for an ILB unless Crowder struggles this season. Rey can't play OLB because of his limited athleticism and I think this is a bad pick for them. I think Davis at CB is a much smarter pick.

3. Atlanta-Vontae Davis-Why? This guy either doesn't pay attention to the Falcons or only looked at the Depth Chart. Atlanta has former 2nd Round pick Chris Houston at one corner and small school kid Brent Grimes at the other. Grimes has only done one thing all preseason...make plays. Davis is a bad pick here.

4. Lions-Chris Wells-They just took Kevin Smith and have Brian Calhoun on the roster why are they taking Wells??

10. Cincinnati-Brian Cushing-Not the top OLB in his class and a border line 1st Rounder

12. Chicago-Darius Heyward Bey-Not a 1st Round prospect at this point

14. Houston-Knowshon Moreno-No way he lasts this late, but the position is probably correct

15. Washington-Taylor Mays-Needs a lot of work and this projection is based on hype not production.

17. Tampa Bay-Michael Crabtree-Seriously?

19. Minnesota-Tim Tebow-Does not need a QB

21. Buffalo-Travis Beckum-Eh...

23. Arizona-Jamon Meredith-Robinson before Meredith

24. Green Bay-George Selvie-No way he drops this far

27. Jacksonville-Myron Rolle-Where is this guy going to play? And talk about picking based on hype...
                    Yeah, the Miami pick is questionable, and I doubt Parcells goes with an ILB that high.

I'd be willing to bet Atlanta would take OT Oher to help protect their new QB.

Lions...I don't think they will be picking that low. I think Calvin Johnson will impress this year!

I don't really like our pick and it is clear Buffalo would like a good TE, but they are not going to give up alot (1st rounder) for one. And undersized players is something Buffalo usually gets too much of!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

At least he thinks we are making the playoffs, the rest is garbage.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

What's the solution at WR?

We got a good #3/#4 combo in Reed and Parrish who both deserve reps. Hardy will struggle at #2 leaving D's to focus on Evans. Do we draft another one high and push Hardy/Reed/Parrish down a spot, or do we draft a few competitors in the mid rounds, or do we just leave it to develop?

Unless Hardy is abysmal, I see the solution at WR at TE as well. Here we can upgrade the WRs without pushing out current guys out of the picture. So any TE that develops into 1st round status has my vote. Then I'd go C, OLB, DT, WR, FS, WR. I'd also be quick to sign a vet OT with experience. Sorry, I am not yet familiar with the top prospects.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

You mean like DRC?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            You mean like DRC?
                            Nope DRC produced numbers wise and was never a hyped college prospect like this kid.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Nope DRC produced numbers wise and was never a hyped college prospect like this kid.
                              Where have you been? He was way over-hyped; unjustly I might add.

Comment

Working...
                              X