• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

As for Peters... TRADE HIM!

IM getting really ticked at this situation.

Him holding out helps NO ONE.

If the Bills have no intention of redoing his deal- TRADE HIM
    If Peters has no intention to show up and honor the contract he signed- TRADE HIM

Do something, get someone and/or something of value to this team...because right now having Peters is WORTHLESS! He is eating up cap space, hes on the minds of our other players, and he represents something of value that can be translated into something that can help this team rather than harm it, maybe even this year.

Prolonging the standoff does nothing but tie up money and an asset and getting NOTHING out of it.

End the standoff or trade him for something that helps us now. IM sick of waiting on him this year, and Im sick of waiting for years for the playoffs.

We finally got a decent pro-bowl player. If he doesnt want to play here, or we dont want to pay him, trade him for someone who does and that we are willing to pay. Just that simple.

Dont sit here with a talent starved team, and let one of your best players contribute nothing. Thats just stupid. If you cant force him to play, trade him for someone who will.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: As for Peters... TRADE HIM!

I'm absolutely pissed, too. But I say let him rot for as long as he chooses to stay away. He will have no value whatsoever in 3 years, and the Bills will be fine without him.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Sorry dude but this is not a good idea. It's actually a ******ed idea. This entire issue has been overblown and now it's a matter of pride on both sides. One side has to swallow theirs and make the first contact.

Holdouts are nothing new to the NFL but this situation is different. Usually their is dialogue between both parties but in this one, their is none. IMO, it has been handled poorly on both sides and has reached the point where someone is going to look extremely foolish when it is settled.

But seriously the last thing we need to do it trade the guy. How about calling him first to see what's up?

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I'm absolutely pissed, too. But I say let him rot for as long as he chooses to stay away. He will have no value whatsoever in 3 years, and the Bills will be fine without him.
        Peters will be in uniform Week 1. Whether he plays or not is a different story though.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

If we can get 2 1st rounders for him from a team that is going to suck for the next several years, I say do it. We can fill in spots with high draft picks and add talent to our core. I personally want J. Peters to show up, tail between his legs wanting to play hard for a new contract but if he is going to be a A-hole about forever just ship him for the goods. Didn't we get Drew for a 1st rounder?? Peters is worth at least 2 if not 3.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            So take a pro-bowl LT with lots of value, let him sit until he has no value and then do what again?

Isnt that like owning a nice house and then letting it rot and fall to the ground? How in the hell does that make sense?

I agree that the longer he doesnt play, the more his value decreases... thats why trading him for something of high value earlier rather than later makes sense.

This is all predicated on the notion that neither side will bend. Which appears to be the current situation.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
              Peters will be in uniform Week 1. Whether he plays or not is a different story though.
              If thats the case, I can deal with that.

I very well might not be. And ANY games without your best possible players playing risks blowing another season. Injury we cant control, this we can.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Trade him for what? another LT? Anyone available would be a downgrade over him. Trade him for draft picks? Why give another team Pro Bowl talent this year while we have to wait to see the fruits of that trade till next year.

Him holding out does not hurt the Bills financially. The longer this goes the more leverage the Bills have in this situation.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• W1DER1GHT
                  Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
                  • Mar 2007

Let him sit out, 3 years left is too much for this guy in this situation. I want him on the field, but screw him.
                  "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
                  ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    If we can get 2 1st rounders for him from a team that is going to suck for the next several years, I say do it. We can fill in spots with high draft picks and add talent to our core. I personally want J. Peters to show up, tail between his legs wanting to play hard for a new contract but if he is going to be a A-hole about forever just ship him for the goods. Didn't get Drew for a 1st rounder?? Peters is worth at least 2 if not 3.
                    Screw the loads of picks. I like them, but why give up on getting something that helps us this year like a Boldin? Im a huge fan of Hardy, but he hasnt blown us all away with being all we need at #2 right now, if it aint him its who Reed? Boldin helps us now and for the future (if signed long term).

If the Bills simply wont spend pro-bowl LT money, trade him for a pro-bowler at a cheaper position. If money is the issue I mena. How about a TE. Hell, Id trade him for a rock solid TE and a pick. How about a young stud LB like Briggs, the Bears have a crappy OL. Or how about Greg Olsen?

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

Plus trading him would send the same message as re-signing him - holdout and you'll get a new contract.
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                        Trade him for what? another LT? Anyone available would be a downgrade over him. Trade him for draft picks? Why give another team Pro Bowl talent this year while we have to wait to see the fruits of that trade till next year.

Him holding out does not hurt the Bills financially. The longer this goes the more leverage the Bills have in this situation.
                        Jason Peters wont still be a pro-bowl LT next offseason?

Own a young stud who doesnt play a down and helps your team ZERO when you could get a player who can help your team now... I dont get it.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Romes
                          Plus trading him would send the same message as re-signing him - holdout and you'll get a new contract.
                          Sure, with a new team you know jack squat about and that could royally suck. If we trade him , WE make the call on where he goes and for what. If its all about the money, Im not sure I want him anyways, or anyone else either.

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            Jason Peters wont still be a pro-bowl LT next offseason?

Own a young stud who doesnt play a down and helps your team ZERO when you could get a player who can help your team now... I dont get it.
                            Yeah he will. Why do you assume he is "rotting" just because he isn't playing? Was Poz rotting because he wasn't playing last year? or KO? or Stroud? Ricky Williams is even looking good now.
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                              Sure, with a new team you know jack squat about and that could royally suck. If we trade him , WE make the call on where he goes and for what. If its all about the money, Im not sure I want him anyways, or anyone else either.
                              The player we would get in return would know jack squat about us. This goes both ways and its always about money.
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X