PDA

View Full Version : The Bills investigating the possibility of reclaiming part of Peters signing bonus

Mitchy moo
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh, oh.

So if he doesn't report he doesn't get paid. Worse, he gets fined, and last time I checked that was running in excess of $200,000. What's more, the club is investigating the possibility of reclaiming part of his signing bonus, which is another reason for Peters to wake up and smell the coffee.
We all expect he will return to the Bills sometime soon, so what's the use in prolonging the wait? If he's serious about gaining an extension there is no choice: He must show up. I don't know how the Bills can make it any clearer.
Look, I don't believe Peters wants to sit out the season anymore than you do. I also believe he's an important part -- OK, the most important part -- of Buffalo's offensive line. So what am I missing here?
The Bills want him back, but he wants more money. The Bills made it clear they won't start talking about an extension until he returns, and they also made it clear 2008 is non-negotiable. OK, fine.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10942069 (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10942069)

Mitchy moo
08-21-2008, 09:16 PM
2008 is non-negotiable, so Peters is really done here. We got his point that he wants more money, play and you might get paid.

acehole
08-21-2008, 09:35 PM
2008 is non-negotiable, so Peters is really done here. We got his point that he wants more money, play and you might get paid.

We cant seem to build a winner here as long as RWJ is our owner.

End of story.

or is it?

VeggieMan14
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM

End of story.

or is it? Ralph is still alive?

raphael120
08-21-2008, 11:52 PM

End of story.

or is it?

Usually I agree that Ralph is cheap, but this time the Bills are right and I side with them. The Bills MADE this guy AND overpaid him with his new contract, invested in him in hopes that he would be a good RT. Peters agent and Peters agreed to this long term extension. If they were smart, they wouldve written in a condition that he would get a pay raise if moved to LT or whatever, but they didn't. They ****ed up. Now the Bills ****ed up last year by giving Schobel a big contract, but the Bills did it also because Schobel showed up to camp. With all the good faith and investment and loyalty the Bills showed to Peters, Peters is pretty much just spitting in the face of that, and for that, I say, Jason Peters, **** you and get your fat ****ing ass to work or sit and rot.

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
He still has to prove he's healed from his injury and surgery.

clumping platelets
08-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Peters does get an extra $1 million/season for playing time at LT

X-Era
08-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Usually I agree that Ralph is cheap, but this time the Bills are right and I side with them. The Bills MADE this guy AND overpaid him with his new contract, invested in him in hopes that he would be a good RT. Peters agent and Peters agreed to this long term extension. If they were smart, they wouldve written in a condition that he would get a pay raise if moved to LT or whatever, but they didn't. They ****ed up. Now the Bills ****ed up last year by giving Schobel a big contract, but the Bills did it also because Schobel showed up to camp. With all the good faith and investment and loyalty the Bills showed to Peters, Peters is pretty much just spitting in the face of that, and for that, I say, Jason Peters, **** you and get your fat ****ing ass to work or sit and rot.

No they turned around and paid a LG almost double what your Peters makes. He then goes on to the pro-bowl as a LT, and still is paid almost half of what Dockery gets.

So they extended him, and then the next year signed two guys for way more money.

Peters earned a bigger check. Hes just an idiot for going about it this way.

Goobylal
08-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Peters does get an extra $1 million/season for playing time at LT
So what has Peters made in real money (i.e. signing bonus plus base salary plus other bonuses) the past 2 years?

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 06:53 AM
So what has Peters made in real money (i.e. signing bonus plus base salary plus other bonuses) the past 2 years?
alot more than any of us will see in a lifetime.

lordofgun
08-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Oh, oh.

:::