PDA

View Full Version : Trent out for sunday.

acehole
08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/SPORTS03/808220334/1021
(http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/SPORTS03/808220334/1021)

ORCHARD PARK — The Buffalo Bills (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/SPORTS03/808220334/1021#) were back in more familiar surroundings Thursday, back on the field at their practice facility at Ralph Wilson Stadium where they continued to prepare for the rapidly approaching start of the 2008 NFL season.
Their three-weeks-plus stay at St. John Fisher College is now a memory, but their ninth training camp at the Pittsford campus was a rousing success and, believe it or not, coach Dick Jauron sort of wishes it wasn't over.

Edited for Copyright Issues
BMN

<s_suiteid_default itxtvisited="1" value="democratandchronicle"><cobrandsitedomain itxtvisited="1" value="www"><sitedomain itxtvisited="1" value="democratandchronicle"> </sitedomain></cobrandsitedomain></s_suiteid_default>

Pride
08-22-2008, 08:54 AM
Don't you mean Saturday?

Pride
08-22-2008, 08:57 AM
Crap! The bills game isnt on till sunday!? I had my dates mixed up! lol

blackonyx89
08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Crap! The bills game isnt on till sunday!? I had my dates mixed up! lol

It's all good! :D: To err is human.

mybills
08-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Quarterback Trent Edwards, who remained sidelined Thursday with a deep thigh contusion and probably won't play Sunday in Indianapolis, agreed that the time at Fisher was productive.

Where does it say he's "out for sunday"?

hydro
08-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Quarterback Trent Edwards, who remained sidelined Thursday with a deep thigh contusion and probably won't play Sunday in Indianapolis, agreed that the time at Fisher was productive.

Seems to me that this is nothing we haven't already heard.

njsue
08-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Smart decision if he is. We need him healthy for the starter.

mybills
08-22-2008, 09:39 AM
It sounds like he could or couldn't, more than it sounds like he won't.

hydro
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Smart decision if he is. We need him healthy for the starter.

And opener :up:

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
He needs to get as many reps as possible. This is usually the game where the starters play their most. He needs to be in this game unless he is hurt badly enough where he cant play.

raphael120
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Even more reason why it was stupid for Edwards to play so little in the first game, now he may miss the preseason game where he gets the most time to play.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
grrrrr..... He finally has a good game, I finally have a little confidence in the guy, and now he's out. I wanted to see him do it two weeks in a row and be consistent for once. I hate saying this as a Bills fan but I hope that Losman doesn't come in and light the world on fire, I can't take much more of this QB controversy crap.

Dr. Lecter
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Even more reason why it was stupid for Edwards to play so little in the first game, now he may miss the preseason game where he gets the most time to play.

No team plays their starters a significant time in game 1. Why was it stupid?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
No team plays their starters a significant time in game 1. Why was it stupid?
Though he might be a starter he is still one of the most unproven/unknown QB's out there. I would have liked to have seen him play a few more series myself; it can do nothing but help him at this point.

Philagape
08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
grrrrr..... He finally has a good game, I finally have a little confidence in the guy, and now he's out. I wanted to see him do it two weeks in a row and be consistent for once. I hate saying this as a Bills fan but I hope that Losman doesn't come in and light the world on fire, I can't take much more of this QB controversy crap.

It won't matter if he does. There's nothing he can possibly do in one game to change anything, because his problem is he never keeps it going.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
It won't matter if he does. There's nothing he can possibly do in one game to change anything, because his problem is he never keeps it going.
True, but I have those same fears about Edwards. I know it's early in his career but based on what I've seen so far I have my doubts about him being able to keep it going too. Last week was a good start but I need to see some consistency man.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm worried about the starters not getting enough reps with Edwards. This week, JP's playing a half and it's going to shift things a little bit. Next week, Edwards will gets a whole 5 snaps, then JP, and then it's week 1 against Seattle.

If i'm DJ, I make an exception and give Edwards and the 1st team O a quarter and a half against Detroit. I hope, but doubt that happens.

acehole
08-22-2008, 12:25 PM

"We shall see" was the subhead...and the question mark was missing from the headline.

acehole
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm worried about the starters not getting enough reps with Edwards. This week, JP's playing a half and it's going to shift things a little bit. Next week, Edwards will gets a whole 5 snaps, then JP, and then it's week 1 against Seattle.

If i'm DJ, I make an exception and give Edwards and the 1st team O a quarter and a half against Detroit. I hope, but doubt that happens.

If Edwards continues to hurt himself as he has his whole career....
you will be looking at the starters for the first half this weekend.

VeggieMan14
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
great now jerk punk will get the start :drama:

acehole
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
True, but I have those same fears about Edwards. I know it's early in his career but based on what I've seen so far I have my doubts about him being able to keep it going too. Last week was a good start but I need to see some consistency man.

After the Washington game last year I was impressed by Edwards....

After the Cowboys game last year I was unimpressed by Edwards...

After the Washington "Preseaon game" I was unimpressed by Edwards...

After the Pittsburg "Preseaon game" I was impressed by Edwards...

We shall see.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM
After the Washington game last year I was impressed by Edwards....

After the Cowboys game last year I was unimpressed by Edwards...

After the Washington "Preseaon game" I was unimpressed by Edwards...

After the Pittsburg "Preseaon game" I was impressed by Edwards...

We shall see.
That's what I'm saying, to be a good/great QB you have to be consistent. Both Losman and Edwards have had games where they look like the answer just to come back the next week and look like a typical Bills QB.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
great now jerk punk will get the start :drama:
Juuuuust me, but I got a feeling that your cute little nickname there, isn't going to stick.

VeggieMan14
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Juuuuust me, but I got a feeling that your cute little nickname there, isn't going to stick. dont worry thats what they said about when i started saying the electric company but we saw how that worked out :whistling

acehole
08-22-2008, 07:47 PM

He is out for sunday.