PDA

View Full Version : Blame the Bills, not Peters.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 09:21 AM
The Bills front office is more to blame for this situation than Peters. Why?

Because it's the Bills that draft and sign the players and ultimetly compenstae the players. If your going to give big FA contracts to Walker and Dockery than you run the risk of ticking off your under-paid LT.

The Bills want to act like this isn't their fault and they are the victims. How is that?

For those who have argued the real world scenario: If you worked in a company as a sales guy, but got paid less than guys you outsell wouldn't you be ticked?

The Bills created the problem and should have addressed it before it got to this. They should have been negotiating his contract in Decemeber.

I blame the Bills for this mess. If Peters doesn't show up I will put 100% of the blame on Wilson and the front office for screwing up yet another season for us fans.

clumping platelets
08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
:roflmao:

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Truth hurts.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
08-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Peters signed the contract. His hand was not forced. The Bills have done alot for this kid. If he had signed elsewhere as a rookie FA, he might not have made the team, might not have been converted to a tackle, or might have turned out to be a very average TE like Manumaleuna, another huge TE.

My point is that the Bills have been, and continue to be more than fair with the kid, and to place any significant blame on the organization is just plain ignorant in my opinion.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Peters signed the contract. His hand was not forced. The Bills have done alot for this kid. If he had signed elsewhere as a rookie FA, he might not have made the team, might not have been converted to a tackle, or might have turned out to be a very average TE like Manumaleuna, another huge TE.

My point is that the Bills have been, and continue to be more than fair with the kid, and to place any significant blame on the organization is just plain ignorant in my opinion.

He didn't work to become the best LT in the league?

Is he worth being paid third on the O-line?

I don't like Peter's sitting either. But why is he sitting? Because he signed a deal that isn't in line with his performance.

If Peters wasn't geting paid 40% of what he is worth I wouldn't be arguing the point, but the Bills opened this can of worms when they signed Walker and Dockery. They created the mess.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 09:46 AM

I don't like Peter's sitting either. But why is he sitting? Because he signed a deal that isn't in line with his performance.

If Peters wasn't geting paid 40% of what he is worth I wouldn't be arguing the point, but the Bills opened this can of worms when they signed Walker and Dockery. They created the mess.

Of course his is worth being paid third on the O-Line, its the contract HE signed..If it wasn't for us he wouldn't even be playing or making this kind of money, he should be happy that he is making atleast 3 mil..whats the big deal? he's making 3 mil a year..come in, show some dedication to the team, quit being a selfish fat pig and then we can talk new contract, but as for now..HE'S under a contract HE signed..dont blame all of this on the bills.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 09:48 AM
WHAT??!!?! Your not serious. This is the main problem in sports. Once you sign your name on the dotted line you should have to honor that contract. If he thinks or is better then his contract he will get paid but not when 3-4 years are still left on the deal. He basically just signed that deal.

He should be thanking the Bills. He should be saying THANK YOU MR WILSON!! Because if it wasnt for MR Wilson and the Buffalo Bills he wouldnt be **** right now. They game him his shot and trained and coached him up at a new position!! Your post is complete horse**** no offense. Im just upset as anyone of you but the blame lies with one person acc 2 people....HIS AGENT (for wanting a payday and thats all he cares about) and Peters for listening to his greedy ass agent.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 09:50 AM
WHAT??!!?! Your not serious. This is the main problem in sports. Once you sign your name on the dotted line you should have to honor that contract. If he thinks or is better then his contract he will get paid but not when 3-4 years are still left on the deal. He basically just signed that deal.

He should be thanking the Bills. He should be saying THANK YOU MR WILSON!! Because if it wasnt for MR Wilson and the Buffalo Bills he wouldnt be **** right now. They game him his shot and trained and coached him up at a new position!! Your post is complete horse**** no offense. Im just upset as anyone of you but the blame lies with one person acc 2 people....HIS AGENT (for wanting a payday and thats all he cares about) and Peters for listening to his greedy ass agent.

AMEN!!

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Peters should :bow: to the Buffalo Bills. Plain and simple.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 09:55 AM
:roflmao:

Mlynch23's threads are better than this especially if you consider the age difference between him and HH.

TGIF

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Peters should :bow: to the Buffalo Bills. Plain and simple.

and show up, and say how sorry he is for doing this to the bills, and actually show he wants to play for this team..Him doing this, IMO is just showing how he doesn't have any dedication to this team at all..and all he cares about is money, atleast LEE is showing up an practicing wanting a contract an wanting to stay on the bills..this fat piece hasn't done anything to show me that he wants to play for this team.

PECKERWOOD
08-22-2008, 09:58 AM

Because it's the Bills that draft and sign the players and ultimetly compenstae the players. If your going to give big FA contracts to Walker and Dockery than you run the risk of ticking off your under-paid LT.

The Bills want to act like this isn't their fault and they are the victims. How is that?

For those who have argued the real world scenario: If you worked in a company as a sales guy, but got paid less than guys you outsell wouldn't you be ticked?

The Bills created the problem and should have addressed it before it got to this. They should have been negotiating his contract in Decemeber.

I blame the Bills for this mess. If Peters doesn't show up I will put 100% of the blame on Wilson and the front office for screwing up yet another season for us fans.

Dockery and Peters are in the same echelon as far as I'm concerned, the only big difference between the two is that Dockery waited for his new deal and played out his original contract. Peters and his agent smell the money in the air with all the big contracts we've handed out to linemen last offseason. Peters needs to do the right thing and show up to the camp, the Bills need to give him a bonus and promise to re-work his deal for next season.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2008, 09:59 AM
The only thing I would blame the Bills for is assuming that Peters has one iota of loyalty, respect or integrity.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Dockery and Peters are in the same echelon as far as I'm concerned, the only big difference between the two is that Dockery waited for his new deal and played out his original contract. Peters and his agent smell the money in the air with all the big contracts we've handed out to linemen last offseason. Peters needs to do the right thing and show up to the camp, the Bills need to give him a bonus and promise to re-work his deal for next season.

I hope you mean that after he shows up, cause the bills dont need to jack **** until this tubby shows up.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
1) The Bills have a player, they signed, not reporting. Ultimately, that's the organizations fault. And if it costs us games than I'll be holding them responsible, not Peters.

2) Yes, football players make millions of dollars. Unfortunately it is in a short period of time where one injury can cost them a lifetime of earnings. Is Jason Peters opening a medical practice when he is done with football?

3) Yes, he signed a contract. He can''t get out of it. If we are underpaid, we can quit, and get a job that pays more. He can't do that.

4) You can't create goodwill paying someone half of what they are worth. You don't think the Bills thought they were getting a good deal when they extended him? If you try to get to cute this is what happens.

PECKERWOOD
08-22-2008, 10:02 AM
I hope you mean that after he shows up, cause the bills dont need to jack **** until this tubby shows up.

Well if you read the first half of the sentence that you selectively decided not to highlight.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 10:03 AM
This is the dumbest thread I've read all day.

The Bills have said more than enough times they are open to discuss his demands but he needs to do his part and show up to practice.

It's no surprise that when Schobel wanted his deal re-done they worked him, because he showed up and did his part.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
This is the dumbest thread I've read all day.

HH and Mlynch23 should be limited to one thread a month and only in the spam zone.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Well if you read the first half of the sentence that you selectively decided not to highlight.

I was wondering, it hard to tell on the computer..it just seemed like you were listing things to do..its not like you said, what peters needs to do is to show up to camp, then the bills need to give him a signing bonus..it's hard to tell bro.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM

I never said that Peters was handling the situation well. However, a player not reporting is the organizations fault. CEO's get fired all the time for stuff that they didn't see happening.

JerseyBoofaloBills
08-22-2008, 10:10 AM
I never said that Peters was handling the situation well. However, a player not reporting is the organizations fault. CEO's get fired all the time for stuff that they didn't see happening.

Or his agents fault..either one.

HHURRICANE
The Bills pick the players and put them on the field. I don't own the Bills so I could care less about why it's unfair that Peters is handling the situation poorly.

camelcowboy
Truth hurts. Pointless dribble of threads that spew mind numbing crap hurt. Im sorry, HH but you a completely wrong.

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 10:15 AM
The Bills pick the players and put them on the field. I don't own the Bills so I could care less about why it's unfair that Peters is handling the situation poorly. Then don't post on the subject, peters is handling the situation poorly and he's is under a legally binding contract. The bills said they'll talk if he shows up, and he's a no show and doesn't return calls. Stop wasting my time by telling that its the teams fault because a player who has three years left under his extension won't show to camp, return calls, or talk to the media. What are the bills suppose to do? Mail him a contract?

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Great points Camel!! :clap:

madness
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
That's ****ing it. I want everybody to hand in their gasoline cans right now.

Please stop feeding the fire and let this thread die already.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Please stop feeding the fire and let this thread die already.
where's the fun in that? this thread is hilarious.

madness
08-22-2008, 10:25 AM
where's the fun in that? this thread is hilarious.

Okay, you have a valid point. Please continue.

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
That's ****ing it. I want everybody to hand in their gasoline cans right now.

Please stop feeding the fire and let this thread die already.Let the motherf@#ker burn! Im sick of insanity dominating the board. Make the posters with 3rd grade iq's accountable for their babble. People are allowed to have a opinion but please back it up with a logical argument.

madness
08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Let the motherf@#ker burn!

:rofl:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
I blame Wilson.

HAMMER
08-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Rediculous thread.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Rediculous thread.
"Ridiculous" :snicker:

Oh wait, it's in the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rediculous

The alarmingly common misspelling of ridiculous.

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Blame the Bills for what? Making an undrafted Tight end into a millionaire?? The guy has 3 years left on his contract, that they were already nice enough to renegotiate once for the guy. I will say that I do understand his market value is much higher at this point and probably does deserve a raise but to not show up or contact the team is his doing not the Bills. To insinuate that the Bills are to blame here is laughable in my eyes.

THATHURMANATOR
08-22-2008, 11:05 AM
"Ridiculous" :snicker:

Oh wait, it's in the Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rediculous
Paul we say REDICULOUS here. We don't require the spelling police.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Paul we say REDICULOUS here. We don't require the spelling police.
:shakeno: even the hillbillies down here know its proper spelling. :shakeno:

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
:shakeno: even the hillbillies down here know its proper spelling. :shakeno:do you know they don't spell great with an 8?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:14 AM
do you know they don't spell great with an 8?
Who told you that lie? Gosh, the education system up there is in the dumps :shakeno:

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
Who told you that lie? Gosh, the education system up there is in the dumps :shakeno: We won the civil war, get over it. :up:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:18 AM
We won the civil war, get over it!
The Civil War isn't over, it lives on!

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
The Civil War isn't over, it lives on! So that killed five minutes, has peter reported yet?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:21 AM
So that killed five minutes, has peter reported yet?
Who cares? Apparently the team has decided they don't need him to succeed.

The Bills are reportedly satisfied with their pass protection and plan to continue their hard-line stance with holdout LT Jason Peters. Usual RT Langston Walker, who's now filling in for Peters, surrendered a sack to James Harrison in Buffalo's second exhibition game, but has mostly been steady. Peters, in search of a pay raise, hasn't practiced since 2007.

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Who cares? Apparently the team has decided they don't need him to succeed. It's funny a year ago we were convinced Walker sucked now he's our left tackle. IRONY

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:27 AM
It's funny a year ago we were convinced Walker sucked now he's our left tackle. IRONY
As a LT Walker does suck man, just watch his years in Oakland. He's a hell of a RT but he's out of place right now and Edwards will pay for it.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Who cares? Apparently the team has decided they don't need him to succeed.

Not true. He just needs to show up and do his part.

If he were to report by Monday I would think he has his new deal by Week 1.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Not true. He just needs to show up and do his part.

If he were to report by Monday I would think he has his new deal by Week 1.
If he shows up and doesn't get paid I hope he sits out next off-season too. We need to avoid ****ing the guy and do what the good teams do and pay our guys. Jones doesn't mess around when it comes to paying his players, he gets it done before any of this crap has a chance to happen; so do the Colts and Steelers. An unhappy star player is exactly what you don't need when you're a young team like ours is.

The Spaz
08-22-2008, 11:33 AM
What a sorry ass thread this is...

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:35 AM
What a sorry ass thread this is...
You only needed one period :shakeno:

RockStar36
If he shows up and doesn't get paid I hope he sits out next off-season too. We need to avoid ****ing the guy and do what the good teams do and pay our guys. Jones doesn't mess around when it comes to paying his players, he gets it done before any of this crap has a chance to happen; so do the Colts and Steelers. An unhappy star player is exactly what you don't need when you're a young team like ours is.

But the Bills aren't refusing to pay him. They just asked that he shows up first. Once again, look at Schobel. He wanted a new deal but came into camp and did his part and he got his deal. Not to mention, Peters is on the list of people that need re-signed. But you don't see Evans and Crowell whining like little babies. I'm sorry, but how anyone can defend Peters here is beyond me. If he doesn't show up before week 1 he can rot for all I care.

The Spaz
You only needed one period :shakeno:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:36 AM
But the Bills aren't refusing to pay him. They just asked that he shows up first. Once again, look at Schobel. He wanted a new deal but came into camp and did his part and he got his deal. Not to mention, Peters is on the list of people that need re-signed. But you don't see Evans and Crowell whining like little babies. I'm sorry, but how anyone can defend Peters here is beyond me. If he doesn't show up before week 1 he can rot for all I care.
Honestly, none of the above mentioned guys are on the same level as Peters. The rules are different for top end players, whether you like it or not, that's how it is. If you're fine with Peters rotting then I hope you're fine with the team having yet another 6 or 7 win season because that's what we're in for.

Stewie
08-22-2008, 11:37 AM

And if he didn't sign his last extension, he wouldn't be getting paid 40% of what it's worth.

THe bottom line is, the guy was/is hurt.. he wants a new contract, probably top ten in the league, and he won't even show up to get negotiations going again.

He'd be much better served to take all that money in fines and buy himself a nice insurance policy, in case he gets injured before getting his next contract. Then show up, play like he's capable of playing, and he will get the next contract that will set him up for life. And he's still young enough where he could sign yet another blockbuster 4 years down the road.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Honestly, none of the above mentioned guys are on the same level as Peters. The rules are different for top end players, whether you like it or not, that's how it is. If you're fine with Peters rotting then I hope you're fine with the team having yet another 6 or 7 win season because that's what we're in for.

The inmates don't run the asylum. In no way should the Bills just cave and call up Peters today with a new deal. They told him, get here and practice with all your teammates and we'll talk about a new deal. What is so hard about that? I seriously don't get it. To say they should just give him a new deal today shows that if anyone on the team wants a new deal they should just quit showing up. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Devin Hester held out for a day but then showed up to camp in good faith and was rewarded with a new deal soon after, it's a simple concept. And the fact that Peters won't even say a word? That is so shady. For all we know he could be completely fat and out of shape, injuried, or anything else like that.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:43 AM
The inmates don't run the asylum. In no way should the Bills just cave and call up Peters today with a new deal. They told him, get here and practice with all your teammates and we'll talk about a new deal. What is so hard about that? I seriously don't get it. To say they should just give him a new deal today shows that if anyone on the team wants a new deal they should just quit showing up. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Devin Hester held out for a day but then showed up to camp in good faith and was rewarded with a new deal soon after, it's a simple concept. And the fact that Peters won't even say a word? That is so shady. For all we know he could be completely fat and out of shape, injuried, or anything else like that.
Actually Hester already has his deal hammered out before he showed up, but none the less. Expect Edwards to get blown up every down this year with Walker at LT. Good thing is that we're used to sucking ass so this year won't be any different to us.

Philagape
08-22-2008, 11:47 AM
But the Bills aren't refusing to pay him. They just asked that he shows up first.

The reports lately are saying they won't give him anything this year regardless.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Actually Hester already has his deal hammered out before he showed up, but none the less. Expect Edwards to get blown up every down this year with Walker at LT. Good thing is that we're used to sucking ass so this year won't be any different to us.

If Hester had his deal hammered out before he showed up that is definitely news to me.

Regardless, it's time that some teams stand up to the athletes. I'm all for him getting a new deal (ignoring the fact that he still has 3 years left on his original deal that Buffalo gave him and he signed) but he doesn't deserve a penny if he doesn't show up at all. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

And I highly doubt until he shows up and even talks, the Bills aren't going to budge in the slightest. The day they moved Walker to LT that basically said we're just going to move on without you until you do your part and I applaud the Bills for doing that.

Obviously Walker is worse at LT than Peters and it will affect the offense, but so be it. It's a matter of principle.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:50 AM
The reports lately are saying they won't give him anything this year regardless.

Well if that is true than Peters has nobody to blame but himself and that idiot agent of his.

I would think on a team scale the Bills have higher priorities than re-signing someone with three years left.

I actually said before most of this took place that Peters should have to play out this year and then demand the money but we all know he won't do that.

He is damn lucky the Bills even took a chance on him because if they didn't he would be bagging groceries right now.

And if he does report...I'm going to hold that fat **** to the highest standard I've ever held a player on this team. He better go at least 16 straight games without a penalty or letting up a sack.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:51 AM
If Hester had his deal hammered out before he showed up that is definitely news to me.

Regardless, it's time that some teams stand up to the athletes. I'm all for him getting a new deal (ignoring the fact that he still has 3 years left on his original deal that Buffalo gave him and he signed) but he doesn't deserve a penny if he doesn't show up at all. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

And I highly doubt until he shows up and even talks, the Bills aren't going to budge in the slightest. The day they moved Walker to LT that basically said we're just going to move on without you until you do your part and I applaud the Bills for doing that.

Obviously Walker is worse at LT than Peters and it will affect the offense, but so be it. It's a matter of principle.
What you're saying is not necessarily wrong, but I don't think you realize how the NFL works. What's right or wrong to you and I doesn't necessarily pass in the league. Most of these guys can't spell their own name much less be logical and differentiate right or wrong, they just do what their agents tell them to do, like pawns. I hated Upshaw but one thing he was dead on with is that the owners have been ****ing the players for years; now the tides have turned and that's just how it is.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Well so be it.

I hope Peters banked enough money in the previous years to cover all his fines and lack of gamechecks.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Well if that is true than Peters has nobody to blame but himself and that idiot agent of his.

I would think on a team scale the Bills have higher priorities than re-signing someone with three years left.

I actually said before most of this took place that Peters should have to play out this year and then demand the money but we all know he won't do that.

He is damn lucky the Bills even took a chance on him because if they didn't he would be bagging groceries right now.

And if he does report...I'm going to hold that fat **** to the highest standard I've ever held a player on this team. He better go at least 16 straight games without a penalty or letting up a sack.
You know RS; coming out of college scouts thought that Peters had the tools to be a good Tackle. I'm not sure that they thought he'd become the best like he has but they knew he had what it took to be a good one. If we hadn't taken a shot at him someone would have, kind of like Antonio Gates. So saying "well we gave him a chance, he should be loyal to us" just doesn't make sense. Someone would have given him a chance at some point.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Well so be it.

I hope Peters banked enough money in the previous years to cover all his fines and lack of gamechecks.
I mean come on man, where else can you pull **** like Leonard Little pulled and still have a job? The guy was drunk driving, killed a woman, and then was caught drunk driving a month later, and still had a job when he got back. The same rules just don't always apply. How about Pacman? Chris Henry? Hell, I bet Vick gets picked up by someone next year too.

Philagape
08-22-2008, 11:56 AM

The Bills' priorities should be set by how badly they need the players to win.

And all this "Peters is nothing without the Bills" is crap. He's EARNED a big raise.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM

And all this "Peters is nothing without the Bills" is crap. He's EARNED a big raise.
Yes he has.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM

Lee Evans hasn't?

Angelo Crowell hasn't?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Lee Evans hasn't?

Angelo Crowell hasn't?
Neither of them are on the same level though. Peters is literally our only star player, most teams have two or three or even four, we have Peters and that's it.

And no, Evans has been nothing but average minus 2006 and Crowell is a hell of a player but not a game changer.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 12:04 PM
IMO, if Peters were to sit out the whole year I would pray that the Bills don't even discuss a trade for him and just let him **** away his entire career. I love every second of that.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM
IMO, if Peters were to sit out the whole year I would pray that the Bills don't even discuss a trade for him and just let him **** away his entire career. I love every second of that.
That's fine, but it's going to set us back. This is one of those times I wish the FO would tuck away their pride and make something happen.

Voltron
08-22-2008, 12:07 PM

I blame the Bills for this mess. If Peters doesn't show up I will put 100% of the blame on Wilson and the front office for screwing up yet another season for us fans. Next time you ask your boss for a raise tell him/her you aren't coming to work until you get it and see how long before you are escorted out of the building with a copy paper box full of your belongings. :rolleyes:

The Bills have said they will work with him on a New contract as long as he comes in and fulfills his current contract for now. Why would you sign someone to a new contract when he hasn't even proven that he can abide by his first one??!!!!

:pissed:

ddaryl
08-22-2008, 12:08 PM

disagree completely

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Where have the Bills said they will discuss a new deal once he shows up? Will someone please provide a link for this because I honestly haven't seen it anywhere yet.

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
That's fine, but it's going to set us back. This is one of those times I wish the FO would tuck away their pride and make something happen.

Obviously this could be flawed because my details are fuzzy, but this reminds me of the Sabres and Michael Peca. The Sabres let him sit the entire season and ended up trading him.

Voltron
08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Where have the Bills said they will discuss a new deal once he shows up? Will someone please provide a link for this because I honestly haven't seen it anywhere yet.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10942069/rss

The Bills want him back, but he wants more money. The Bills made it clear they won't start talking about an extension until he returns, and they also made it clear 2008 is non-negotiable.

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
2008 may be non-negotiable but anything he signs will include a hefty bonus that he will get upfront and will count some against the 2008 cap. They just won't raise his base salary - I have no problem with that.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
We overpaid Peters from the day he signed his extension to half way through the 07 season. We overpay to reap the future benefits and he's trying to prevent that. The extension is less than half way done, we are entitled to playing him one more year before we consider another one.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Doesn't sound very convincing to be honest.

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
you wanted proof and he gave you some but you don't want to accept it?? :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
you wanted proof and he gave you some but you don't want to accept it?? :rolleyes:
If I'm Peters reading that I'm not convinced that they are ready to get anything done. Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's called an "opinion."

MikeInRoch
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
It's threads like this that drive good posters away. Well done.

MikeInRoch
08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
If I'm Peters reading that I'm not convinced that they are ready to get anything done. Don't get your panties in a bunch, it's called an "opinion."

If I'm Peters, then maybe I'd be talking to the team to make that determination, instead of listening to the media.

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
It's threads like this that drive good posters away. Well done.
Some just want to hate or churn up crap on a message board...what can you do?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Some just want to hate or churn up crap on a message board...what can you do?
And some are too ignorant to keep the conversation civil. :eb:

Voltron
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
show me where they have told a player they would renegotiate and didn't do it!

All the Bills have asked for is for him to show up to practice as a sign of good faith negotiations. If anyone is really to blame it isn't the guy who scored under 20 on the Wunderlic. It's his agent who BTW tried this same stunt with Steven Jackson and we all see how that worked out, Jackson reported and then got a new contract! I hope Peters agent is reconsidering his tactics with Peters now that Jackson got his new contract once he did as Management asked.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:48 PM
show me where they have told a player they would renegotiate and didn't do it!

All the Bills have asked for is for him to show up to practice as a sign of good faith negotiations. If anyone is really to blame it isn't the guy who scored under 20 on the Wunderlic. It's his agent who BTW tried this same stunt with Steven Jackson and we all see how that worked out, Jackson reported and then got a new contract! I hope Peters agent is reconsidering his tactics with Peters now that Jackson got his new contract once he did as Management asked.

The Bills want him back, but he wants more money. The Bills made it clear they won't start talking about an extension until he returns, and they also made it clear 2008 is non-negotiable.There is where I see the issue, the way I read that is that they will talk to him about a new contract but not until the off-season.

And I agree, the agent is 90% of the problem. The Rams got him good though.

MikeInRoch
08-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, you can interpret it however you want, I suppose. That's not what was actually said, tho.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
...All the Bills have asked for is for him to show up to practice as a sign of good faith negotiations. If anyone is really to blame it isn't the guy who scored under 20 on the Wunderlic. It's his agent who BTW tried this same stunt with Steven Jackson and we all see how that worked out, Jackson reported and then got a new contract! I hope Peters agent is reconsidering his tactics with Peters now that Jackson got his new contract once he did as Management asked.

I respect your opinion, but what you are saying here is totally inaccurate. The only reason Jackson showed up is because the Rams and Eugene Parker agreed BEFOREHAND to work on a contract extension immediately.

The Rams told him to come in because a contract extension would be done within a few days. Jackson reported, and he got his money the next day.

There is NO comparison to the Peters situation at all. The Bills have not made the same promise to Peters, and are in fact taking the opposite stance.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Lee Evans hasn't?

Angelo Crowell hasn't?

I talked about this in another post:

"The situations are not comparable though.

Lee Evans doesn't care because he'll be a FA after this season regardless. He's going to be one of the highest paid WRs in the league in less than 12 months. You think Evans is showing up to camp out of good faith? Evans has no reason to hold-out, because he can easily walk away. It's up to us to pay him, and we still haven't."

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:17 PM

I also respect your opinion, but what you are saying is irrelevant. As fans, we like to think of loyalty and all that other stuff. However, the NFL is a business!! You have to treat it like one.

Jason Peters worked his way to the top. He started as a Special Teams guy and dominated. He was also a backup TE and was a great blocker. You think the Bills rubbed his back and fed him grapes? The Bills coached him, like they coach every other player, because they all want to win and keep their jobs.

And in case you didn't know, there were a lot of teams that contacted Peters to sign as an undrafted Free Agent. Peters decided to choose the Bills. Anything he might have done with another team, we will never know.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 01:18 PM
I respect your opinion, but what you are saying here is totally inaccurate. The only reason Jackson showed up is because the Rams and Eugene Parker agreed BEFOREHAND to work on a contract extension immediately.

The Rams told him to come in because a contract extension would be done within a few days. Jackson reported, and he got his money the next day.

There is NO comparison to the Peters situation at all. The Bills have not made the same promise to Peters, and are in fact taking the opposite stance.

BINGO!!

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
BINGO!!
that doesn't mean the bills are to blame.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I love the posts in this thread.

I notice how everyone has ignored my biggest point which is that the Bills put themselves in this situation by signing Walker and Dockery for big bucks, and what, hoping that Peters was just going to sit around and live with being underpaid.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM

Read my post above. Peters was not given any special treatment. He worked hard, studied hard, and became the player that he is. Lots of players have worked hard to become superstars, and Peters is no different. You can't say he wouldnt be anything because you are making assumptions about what his life might have been like.

In fact, I would go further and say that the Bills gave him LESS special treatment than other players on the team. They invested nothing in Peters, and Peters had to work harder than any draft pick to be what he is now. Undrafted FAs have to shine to even make the team!

If you are mad about Peters attitude, I understand that. But you can't use a "slippery slope" argument to prove your point.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:26 PM

I notice how everyone has ignored my biggest point which is that the Bills put themselves in this situation by signing Walker and Dockery for big bucks, and what, hoping that Peters was just going to sit around and live with being underpaid.
maybe the bills should've offered less and landed crappy cheap OL players and you'd be making different kind of stupid thread.

THe bills have proven that if you show up, they will give you a raise.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:27 PM
maybe the bills should've offered less and landed crappy cheap OL players and you'd be making different kind of stupid thread.

They have? Evans showed up, Crowell showed up; still waiting.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
[/B]
They have? Evans showed up, Crowell showed up; still waiting.
patience grasshopper. THey did it with Aaron and Evans says it's getting closer.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:31 PM
patience grasshopper. THey did it with Aaron and Evans says it's getting closer.
So because they gave Schobel an extension they are now considered a team that does that kind of thing on a regular basis? Clements showed up, Winfield showed up, Williams showed up; they still have the stigma.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The only thing I would blame the Bills for is assuming that Peters has one iota of loyalty, respect or integrity.

In real life, that would be nice. For people like us, that would be nice. But loyalty has NO place here!! If NFL teams guarenteed contracts, then yes, loyalty would be a considering factor.

However, NFL teams are not "loyal." You know that. Again, it's business for both players and organizations.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:37 PM
So because they gave Schobel an extension they are now considered a team that does that kind of thing on a regular basis? Clements showed up, Winfield showed up, Williams showed up; they still have the stigma.
1 is proof .
didn't we extend Butler recently as well?

Clements is different from Peters. Clements was tagged, we can't tag Peters since he has 3 years in his contract. Russ has nothing to do with Williams. That was a TD decision.

The bills has already acknowledged that Peters is inderpaidand followed up by , show up we'll talk.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
1 is proof .
didn't we extend Butler recently as well?

Clements is different from Peters. Clements was tagged, we can't tag Peters since he has 3 years in his contract. Russ has nothing to do with Williams. That was a TD decision.
So it's ok to extend Butler when he has time left on his contract but not Peters? Russ had nothing to do with Schobel either, that was a Marv choice.

We could go back and forth all day; I just think it sucks that we draft guys, groom them, and then once they are elite players we let them walk because we don't want to pay them. I don't want that to be the case with Peters too because we went years without a good LT and I don't want to go through that again.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
that doesn't mean the bills are to blame.

If my salespeople don't report to work, and don't generate revenue for the company becuase my compensation plan was deemed unfair, I would ultimately be blamed, and lose my job.

The Bills took a gamble that Peters would be a company man and wait his turn. He didn't.

I think Peters is stupid for sitting at home and not reporting but again it's the Bills that collect my money for tickets, not Peters. All I care about is winning.

It's everyone's right to think the Bills are getting a raw deal here but this is the same organization that has one of the worst records over the last 10 years.

I'd cut them alot more slack if they were putting a winning product on the field.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
If my salespeople don't report to work, and don't generate revenue for the company becuase my compensation plan was deemed unfair, I would ultimately be blamed, and lose my job.

The Bills took a gamble that Peters would be a company man and wait his turn. He didn't.

I think Peters is stupid for sitting at home and not reporting but again it's the Bills that collect my money for tickets, not Peters. All I care about is winning.

It's everyone's right to think the Bills are getting a raw deal here but this is the same organization that has one of the worst records over the last 10 years.

I'd cut them alot more slack if they were putting a winning product on the field.
I think everyone would; but clearly their way of doing business is not working and they need to change something up.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Let the motherf@#ker burn! Im sick of insanity dominating the board. Make the posters with 3rd grade iq's accountable for their babble. People are allowed to have a opinion but please back it up with a logical argument.

I could say the same for you. I respect the opinion of people who dislike Peters and what he is doing. But you have not backed it up with a logical argument.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I could say the same for you. I respect the opinion of people who dislike Peters and what he is doing. But you have not backed it up with a logical argument.
Because most people fail to realize that this isn't their job where things happen the "right way."

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:44 PM

Football is different from your business.

If you had a contract to do some work would you demand more money or else you won't finish the job? You'd be under breach of contract and will get sued. IN the NFL however , teams can void a contract and cut players . So you can't compare this to your business.

BAd example.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM

This is stupid. The Bills paid market for Walker and Dockery. Good moves but they had to know that the Peters situation would have to be addressed.

I believe Schobel was under a long term deal when we renegotiated his stupid contract.

Maybe the Bills should have got with Peters late in 2007 and avoided this mess.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
So it's ok to extend Butler when he has time left on his contract but not Peters? Russ had nothing to do with Schobel either, that was a Marv choice. . they both showed up didn't they? Thats exactly my point. If Peters showed up, he could've gotten a raise since the bills did that twice and seem to be working on evans since he showed up.

We could go back and forth all day; I just think it sucks that we draft guys, groom them, and then once they are elite players we let them walk because we don't want to pay them. I don't want that to be the case with Peters too because we went years without a good LT and I don't want to go through that again.
Who says we're letting them walk? We can't do anything if they decide to listen to their agents and not communicate with their team.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Because most people fail to realize that this isn't their job where things happen the "right way."

Exactly my point.

People get pissed off at Peters and let their emotions cloud their judgement. Personally, my plan (which NE39 originally mentioned) would be to throw him a bonus this year and then re-work his contract next year.

People need to wake up and see the situation for what it is. Even a team like New England, who rarely re-works contracts before they expire, caved in to Richard Seymour's demands and gave him a bonus. Their front office is not stupid. Peters and his agent know the value of a great LT, and are using it to their advantage.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:50 PM
This is stupid. The Bills paid market for Walker and Dockery. Good moves but they had to know that the Peters situation would have to be addressed
I believe Schobel was under a long term deal when we renegotiated his stupid contract.

Maybe the Bills should have got with Peters late in 2007 and avoided this mess.

I believe the bills stated they'd talk if he shows up. They are trying to address the situation IF HE ONLY SHOWS UP.

Whats stupid is that the AGENT and PETERS signed the contract given to them in 06. Now they want to call the shots as they please?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:52 PM
People get pissed off at Peters and let their emotions cloud their judgement. Personally, my plan (which NE39 originally mentioned) would be to throw him a bonus this year and then re-work his contract next year.

who's to say they wouldn't have done this if Peters showed up?

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Who's to say they would have?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Who's to say they would have?
they already did it twice and they are working on Evans contract that Evans himself admitted looks to be close. Even Crowells agent was in town although nothing was said but Crowell was still at camp.

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
I could say the same for you. I respect the opinion of people who dislike Peters and what he is doing. But you have not backed it up with a logical argument.Show me the light, give me a reason why the bills should be blamed for peters situation? I provided reasons why it's peters fault go back and read them and tell me why I'm wrong

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 01:58 PM
they already did it twice and they are working on Evans contract that Evans himself admitted looks to be close. Even Crowells agent was in town although nothing was said but Crowell was still at camp.
Do you believe everything you read online? I'll believe it when it's finalized.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I believe the bills stated they'd talk if he shows up. They are trying to address the situation IF HE ONLY SHOWS UP.

Whats stupid is that the AGENT and PETERS signed the contract given to them in 06. Now they want to call the shots as they please?

You have to wonder why a guy like Jason Peters, who has done everything by the book, never been in trouble, and has done everything the team has asked him to do up to this point, is handling the situation this way.

Didn't the Bills say this week that they will not address his pay for the 2008 season?

How many other teams in the league, now, have a player refusing to report to camp?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Do you believe everything you read online? I'll believe it when it's finalized.

I don't have to believe what the bills say. I only have to read what Evans admitted that it's close and that because he showed up. POint is, Evans showed up and they are talking. Peters stays home and keeps his mouth shut because his agent told him. What did that produce? Nothing.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:02 PM
they both showed up didn't they? Thats exactly my point. If Peters showed up, he could've gotten a raise since the bills did that twice and seem to be working on evans since he showed up.

Who says we're letting them walk? We can't do anything if they decide to listen to their agents and not communicate with their team.

Get outta here. Read my post above about Richard Seymour and the Partiots. Butler and Evans do not have anywhere NEAR the leverage that Jason Peters does.

Why would Peters communicate with the team when he has an agent? Agent's usually deal with the team when it comes to contract negotiations, not the players.

Lastly, don't think that the Bills "can't do anything." Everything and anything is possible. Neither Peters nor his agent have spoken to the media, so we only know one side of the story.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:02 PM
You have to wonder why a guy like Jason Peters, who has done everything by the book, never been in trouble, and has done everything the team has asked him to do up to this point, is handling the situation this way.?I don't know the answer to that and neither do you.

Didn't the Bills say this week that they will not address his pay for the 2008 season??maybe and even if they did, Peters doesn't have the leverage.

How many other teams in the league, now, have a player refusing to report to camp?
well JAckson finally showed up and got an extension after they treid to make him sit out. Who looks like idiot there? Parker.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't know the answer to that and neither do you.

maybe and even if they did, Peters doesn't have the leverage.

well JAckson finally showed up and got an extension after they treid to make him sit out. Who looks like idiot there? Parker.
Jackson and the Rams had a deal in place before he showed up. A week before he even said he was going to show up they had already offered him a $50 million deal. At least they made the effort.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Get outta here. Read my post above about Richard Seymour and the Partiots. Butler and Evans do not have anywhere NEAR the leverage that Jason Peters does.

Why would Peters communicate with the team when he has an agent? Agent's usually deal with the team when it comes to contract negotiations, not the players.

Lastly, don't think that the Bills "can't do anything." Everything and anything is possible. Neither Peters nor his agent have spoken to the media, so we only know one side of the story.

Jackson showed up and signed the contract he didn't want to months ago no?

Agents work for the players, players call the shots based on the info given to them.

As for the one sided story, like I've said in the past..until we hear from Parker we can only go by what the other side said. It's up to them to refute the bills' claims. They haven't.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Show me the light, give me a reason why the bills should be blamed for peters situation? I provided reasons why it's peters fault go back and read them and tell me why I'm wrong

The best Tackle on the team, maybe in the entire league, is getting paid half of what the guy next to him is making.

No matter how it went down it's a problem that simple fans saw coming in mid-December.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Also, you mentioned Butler as one of the extensions. He's no where remotely close to the level of player that Peters is. The Bills don't have issues with players contracts when they want middle of the road type money, it's when they start asking to be paid what their worth that we have issues.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Jackson and the Rams had a deal in place before he showed up. A week before he even said he was going to show up they had already offered him a $50 million deal. At least they made the effort.
AHa , so there was communication.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:12 PM

That's my point, I do not know, and neither does anyone else. All we know is that Peters wants to get paid now. For all we know Justa, Peters could be holding out because the Bills said "we will only re-do your contract next year." Neither Parker nor his agent have communicated with the media, so we only heard 1 side of the story.

"Holding-out" is a powerful tool for a lot of superstar players. More often than not, it has worked in favor of the player.

I know a TON of posters on this board (not saying you Justa) would be whining if Peters berated the team publicly. He has kept quiet, and people still berate him. Tell me I'm wrong if I am!

Lastly, history has actually shown that the Bills are one of the worst teams when it comes to contract extensions. Look at all the other teams in the league, and how quickly contracts have been re-worked. This Lee Evans thing has been dragging on for far too long.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
AHa , so there was communication.

Yes. The Rams were talking dollars and cents.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Also, you mentioned Butler as one of the extensions. He's no where remotely close to the level of player that Peters is. The Bills don't have issues with players contracts when they want middle of the road type money, it's when they start asking to be paid what their worth that we have issues.
the level is not at question here. The question is whether or not the bills would've tried to work things out if he showed up. I have 3 examples where they did and got their contracts worked on.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:14 PM
The Bills already said they have in intention on doing anything until after 2008.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
the level is not at question here. The question is whether or not the bills would've tried to work things out if he showed up. I have 3 examples where they did and got their contracts worked on.
And the Bills said they aren't doing anything until after 2008, so no, there wouldn't have been any talks for Peters. You have far too much faith in our pathetic excuse for a front office.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
and the bills said they were willing to talk dollars and cents if he showed up. There is no word from PArker whether thats true or not. Until they refute it, I would tend to lean with what was said by the bills PUBLICLY.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
and the bills said they were willing to talk dollars and cents if he showed up. There is no word from PArker whether thats true or not. Until they refute it, I would tend to lean with what was said by the bills PUBLICLY.
NO THEY DIDN'T! Quit making **** up.

The Bills want him back, but he wants more money. The Bills made it clear they won't start talking about an extension until he returns, and they also made it clear 2008 is non-negotiable.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
And the Bills said they aren't doing anything until after 2008, so no, there wouldn't have been any talks for Peters. You have far too much faith in our pathetic excuse for a front office.
3 > 1.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 02:17 PM

So by your thinking when the Bills signed Dockery they should of told him..."Man we really want you here but we cant pay you more then Peters because he will cry and want a riase so please accept what he gets paid even though your a long time vet and once he gets a raise you will too. Ok big man???"

:roflmao: Give it a break man your wrong period.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Jackson showed up and signed the contract he didn't want to months ago no?

Agents work for the players, players call the shots based on the info given to them.

As for the one sided story, like I've said in the past..until we hear from Parker we can only go by what the other side said. It's up to them to refute the bills' claims. They haven't.

Your 1st sentence: If the Bills offered to make Peters one of the highest paid LTs in the league, this changes everything.

Your 2nd sentence: True, agreed.

Your 3rd sentence: I don't disagree. My posts are directed to most of the other posters here, who say that "Peters should rot" and that "Peters is ungrateful and should be loyal." They are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. However, we cannot make conclusions by filling in one side of the story.

camelcowboy
08-22-2008, 02:19 PM
The best Tackle on the team, maybe in the entire league, is getting paid half of what the guy next to him is making.

No matter how it went down it's a problem that simple fans saw coming in mid-December.Well I guess it's clear that holding out was the way to. That's what schobel, butler, williams did to get deals. The bills have clearly shown they won't redo deals :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Well I guess it's clear that holding out was the way to. That's what schobel, butler, williams did to get deals. The bills have clearly shown they won't redo deals :rolleyes:
I'm seeing a trend with the new front office; they'll re-do your deal as long as you're an average player like Butler and Williams and don't want more than average money.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 02:22 PM

You know what that means??? It means tey wont give him a raise this year of his base pay. Not that we wont sign extension after 08.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
NO THEY DIDN'T! Quit making **** up.
I'm not making it up.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080725/SPORTS03/80725003/1007/SPORTS

“To be very honest, it has been a road map of silence to date,” said Brandon. “It’s been a very quiet situation. It’s difficult to have discussions with someone who’s not here and has not elected to participate in what we’re trying to do.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Your 1st sentence: If the Bills offered to make Peters one of the highest paid LTs in the league, this changes everything.

Your 2nd sentence: True, agreed.

Your 3rd sentence: I don't disagree. My posts are directed to most of the other posters here, who say that "Peters should rot" and that "Peters is ungrateful and should be loyal." They are letting their emotions cloud their judgement. However, we cannot make conclusions by filling in one side of the story.

As posted above, one side came out publicly and was quoted they'll talk if he shows up. Whether they will or not remains to be seen but the other side hasn't refuted anything.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:32 PM
As posted above, one side came out publicly and was quoted they'll talk if he shows up. Whether they will or not remains to be seen but the other side hasn't refuted anything.

I'm surprised that you of all people would fall for a political answer. The Bills said "it's difficult" to talk to someone who isn't here. What does that tell you? Nothing at all !!

For something like this, conclusions should be withheld since we don't know what's going on. Whether or not the other side has refuted anything does NOT automatically give the indication that we should believe what the 1st side is saying.

Therefore, you cannot conclude that Peters "should report to camp."

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm it says what it says its HARD TO NEGOTIATE WITH SOMEONE WHOS NOT THERE!! Whats that tell anyone????

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Nevertheless, the Bills made it clear Thursday that Peters will have to be patient … and present … if he has any hope of getting a new contract.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/399357.html

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I applaud Buffalo :clap:

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I applaud Buffalo :clap:
Me too, being a cheap ass organization and not giving our elite players the money they deserve has worked so well for us! Let's keep doing it and we'll never win a Super Bowl! hurray!

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Me too, being a cheap ass organization and not giving our elite players the money they deserve has worked so well for us! Let's keep doing it and we'll never win a Super Bowl! hurray!
some people even say we overpay for player that are not elite like Kelsay and Schobel. Chances are we will overpay Peters if he at least showed up like the others.

Lets see what Peters and Parker had to say

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Then don't post on the subject, peters is handling the situation poorly and he's is under a legally binding contract. The bills said they'll talk if he shows up, and he's a no show and doesn't return calls. Stop wasting my time by telling that its the teams fault because a player who has three years left under his extension won't show to camp, return calls, or talk to the media. What are the bills suppose to do? Mail him a contract?

1. I made a number of posts in this thread dealing with Jason Peters situation. Any rebuttals?

2. NFL players can do a lot of crazy things, and this would hurt our TEAM! I don't know about you, but I want to go to the playoffs this year. Peters could show up in week 10 for the next 3 years, so he's not "legally" required to report. He could easily screw this team over -- think about it.

3. He may be handling the situation poorly, I won't deny that possibility.

4. What are the Bills supposed to do? They are supposed to spend cap money to make this into a competitive playoff team. Instead, they are being stubborn. I blame both Peters and the Bills, but can't say for sure until I know more information.

5. To end this crap, they COULD give him a bonus this year and promise to re-work his extension next year.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM
3. He may be handling the situation poorly, I won't deny that possibility.

at least you are giving both sides the benefit of the doubt. The thread starter blamed one side ONLY.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:44 PM
some people even say we overpay for player that are not elite like Kelsay and Schobel. Chances are we will overpay Peters if he at least showed up like the others.

Lets see what Peters and Parker had to say
I'm with you man, let's not do what the Colts, Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers do every year. What the hell do those teams know about winning right?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm with you man, let's not do what the Colts, Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers do every year. What the hell do those teams know about winning right?
we will need a list of those players that have Parker as an agent.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
we will need a list of those players that have Parker as an agent.

Eugene Parker, born February 24 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_24), 1956 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1956), is the sports agent of Deion Sanders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deion_Sanders), Emmitt Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmitt_Smith), and many other NFL athletes. He has been named by Black Enterprise Magazines top 50 influential blacks in sports. Parker was also ranked 45 in the Sports Illustrated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated) list of the top 101 most influential minorities in sports.

Some of Parker's clients include:

- Ray Lewis

Hines Ward (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hines_Ward) (Super Bowl XL MVP and four-time Pro Bowler)
Richard Seymour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Seymour) (4 time all pro)
Walter Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Jones_%28football_player%29) (5 time all pro)
Emmitt Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmitt_Smith) (NFL all time leading rusher)
Larry Fitzgerald (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Fitzgerald) (All pro)
Derrick Brooks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Brooks) (9 time all pro)
Rod Woodson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Woodson) (11 time all pro)
Aeneas Williams (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeneas_Williams) (8 time all pro)
Rex Grossman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Grossman) (Super Bowl QB)
Devin Hester (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devin_Hester) (NFL record holder, all pro)
Cedric Benson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedric_Benson) (Super Bowl running back)
Curtis Martin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Martin) (5 time all pro)
Laveranues Coles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laveranues_Coles) (all pro receiver)
Jason Peters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Peters) (all pro left tackle)
James Hardy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hardy) (Bills 2008 2nd Round Draft Pick)
Felix Jones (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Jones) (Cowboys 2008 1st Round Draft Pick]
Tashard Choice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tashard_Choice) (Cowboys 2008 3rd Round Draft Pick)
Steven Jackson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Jackson) (St. Louis Rams star running back) On August 21st, Steven Jackson ended his holdout, with Jason Peters still holding out for a new contract.

-----------------------------------------

Wow, even I'm shocked!!!! The Patriots, Steelers, Jets, Rams, Bears, Cardinals, Ravens all re-did contracts of Eugene Parker clients before they expired.

Looks like the Bills are the lone stubborn team.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh, Antonio Gates's agent is also Eugene Parker, so add the Chargers to that list.

It seems like Eugene Parker is not that stupid after all.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Wow, even I'm shocked!!!! The Patriots, Steelers, Jets, Rams, Bears, Cardinals, Ravens all re-did contracts of Eugene Parker clients before they expired.

Looks like the Bills are the lone stubborn team.
How many of those players had 3 years left in their contracts and decided to sit out? Would be interested to know what these teams would've done if a player made such demands.

Or maybe Peters is the only player thats stubborn. back to what I said ,The bills have proven they are willing to work things out when players show up.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Or maybe Peters is the only player thats stubborn. back to what I said ,The bills have proven they are willing to work things out when players show up.
Just as long as they don't expect to be paid what they are worth. Take a low ball offer the Bills are all over it though.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 02:55 PM
at least you are giving both sides the benefit of the doubt. The thread starter blamed one side ONLY.

Look at all of threads that say it's "Peter's fault", "Trade Peters", blah, blah, blah...

All I did was present the other side of the argument.

What led to this? Do you really believe that Peters, and his agent, are just ignoring the Bills and not taking their calls?

This is just an idea but I would leave a message on his machine that says:

"Hi Jason, we want to redo your deal and get you in here. Can you please call us back."

Do you really think he's not taking that call?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Look at all of threads that say it's "Peter's fault", "Trade Peters", blah, blah, blah...

All I did was present the other side of the argument.

What led to this? Do you really believe that Peters, and his agent, are just ignoring the Bills and not taking their calls?

This is just an idea but I would leave a message on his machine that says:

"Hi Jason, we want to redo your deal and get you in here. Can you please call us back."

thats because Peters kept quiet and we had to go with what was said.

Even with only one side talking you came up with your OWN CONCLUSION without any back up. At least those who blamed Peters had Brandons quotes. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Lexwhat is on fire!!!! Great posts.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:59 PM

I don't know that and you shouldn't pretend to know . I have Brandons quotes you have nothing.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Just as long as they don't expect to be paid what they are worth. Take a low ball offer the Bills are all over it though.Schobel and Kelsay weren't paid what they were worth. They were paid MORE than they're worth. So you're wrong. How about Dockery and Walker?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Lexwhat is on fire!!!! Great posts.
unfortunately you have to wait for others to make your points for you. Lexwhat gives the bills the benefit of a doubt in some of his posts, so if his posts are great then yours sucks because it doesn't agree with yours.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Great posts??? Yea right. At least he brought facts which was nice. But how many of those clients had 3 or more years left on their contract?? How many were undrafted and molded into a position the guy wasnt at?? Buffalo doesnt OWE peters anything except the knowledge that they must rework his deal soon. But if hes going to be a jackass and not show up at all showing he wants to be a Bill and show the respect to the organization who turned your career into something then screw him sit out and MAKE NOTHING!!

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 03:19 PM
How many of those players had 3 years left in their contracts and decided to sit out? Would be interested to know what these teams would've done if a player made such demands.

Do you really want me to answer this question? I don't know how many had 3 years left, but they still held-out in order to be paid fair market value. That's the point here!!!

(By the way, I do know that Devin Hester, Lavernues Coles, Richard Seymour each had at least 2 years remaining on their contracts).

My whole point is that Eugene Parker is not stupid and he get's things done. If the aforementioned players all held-out because they were underpaid, and all got extensions or bonuses, doesn't that tell you anything about our front office?

Justa, you used Aaron Schoebel extension as an example. I am countering with extensions given to top players across the NFL, playing for decent-to-great teams, all represented by Eugene Parker. You wanted a list of players, and I gave you them.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Great posts??? Yea right. At least he brought facts which was nice. But how many of those clients had 3 or more years left on their contract?? How many were undrafted and molded into a position the guy wasnt at?? Buffalo doesnt OWE peters anything except the knowledge that they must rework his deal soon. But if hes going to be a jackass and not show up at all showing he wants to be a Bill and show the respect to the organization who turned your career into something then screw him sit out and MAKE NOTHING!!

This is ridiculous. Peters owes the Bills nothing. The Bills agreed not to franchise Nate Clements and he rewarded them by leaving and becoming the highest paid D player in NFL history.

Peters worked hard and he's worth what he can get, plain and simple.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Do you really want me to answer this question? I don't know how many had 3 years left, but they still held-out in order to be paid fair market value. That's the point here!!!

(By the way, I do know that Devin Hester, Lavernues Coles, Richard Seymour each had at least 2 years remaining on their contracts).

My whole point is that Eugene Parker is not stupid and he get's things done. If the aforementioned players all held-out because they were underpaid, and all got extensions or bonuses, doesn't that tell you anything about our front office?

Justa, you used Aaron Schoebel extension as an example. I am countering with extensions given to top players across the NFL, playing for decent-to-great teams, all represented by Eugene Parker. You wanted a list of players, and I gave you them.

I'm not arguing the list you gave me. Thanks.

Looks like they've all been in a different situation therefore hard to compare to Peters situation therefore unfair to say the bills are stubborn when all they asked is for him to show up.

Urlacher showed up at OTA's even though he really didn't have to since it's voluntary. He got an extension. He's happy and so are the bears.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Peters worked hard and he's worth what he can get, plain and simple.
nobody is arguing that. The problem is that you blame this entirely on the bills with NOTHING to back it up.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Urlacher showed up at OTA's, He got an extension. He's ahppy and so are the bears.

I don't know the answer to this but was Urlacher the third highest paid LB on the roster before he came into camp to renegotiate?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Even if Peters owes the bills nothing, he should realize that his teammates need him and that he is letting them down . Teammates are depending on him.

he should've taken this approach

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2008/06/urlacher-shows.html

The Bears made it clear that Urlacher could help his cause by returning to the practice field and that is part of the reason he showed Wednesday.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't know the answer to this but was Urlacher the third highest paid LB on the roster before he came into camp to renegotiate?
I don't know but read the post above

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
nobody is arguing that. The problem is that you blame this entirely on the bills with NOTHING to back it up.

The first line in my thread:

"The Bills front office is more to blame for this situation than Peters. Why?"

I did say, in the same thread, that I would blame the Bills entirely if ultimately Peters didn't show up because ultimately it's their jobs to get the players on the field and avoid messes like this one.

I think we are the only team that has a star player sitting on the account of money.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not arguing the list you gave me. Thanks.

Looks like they've all been in a different situation therefore hard to compare to Peters situation therefore unfair to say the bills are stubborn when all they asked is for him to show up.

Urlacher showed up at OTA's even though he really didn't have to since it's voluntary. He got an extension. He's happy and so are the bears.

I agree it's hard to compare the situations. The Peters situation is almost unprecedented.

I feel like Eugene Parker knows what he is doing, and has re-worked numerous contract extensions with various teams. Every single example, the players were extended. That shows some evidence that the Bills are the lone stubborn team, satisfied with showing off their nuts rather than thinking about our playoff chances.

That's the issue here, and what HHURRICANE was referring to. If the Bills fail to make Peters happy, we probably will NOT make the playoffs!! It's not the Bills fault that Peters is an ass, but it IS their fault if they are stubborn.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 04:15 PM
unfortunately you have to wait for others to make your points for you. Lexwhat gives the bills the benefit of a doubt in some of his posts, so if his posts are great then yours sucks because it doesn't agree with yours.

I don't completely disagree with you or him.

See my post right above, the last paragraph. I dont want to waste a playoff chance because of someone's stupidity in the Bills Front Office.

RockStar36
08-23-2008, 02:21 AM

Not the same.

Clements was franchised with a verbal agreement that the Bills would let him hit the free agent market afterwards.

Got it?

BTW, do you miss him at all? I don't. And I bet SF enjoys paying him out the ass for his wonderful production.

crowder52
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm a Dolphins fan but i wanted to chime on this discussion because i guess i would bring an unbiased perception of this situation. I personally think players in the NFL are greedy because even when they are already getting paid tons on money they want more and more and more. It's pretty much the same thing with the Steven Jackson situation as he figures he's not being paid "what he's worth" and is holding out to get more money. IMO i think the Bills are doing the right thing because you can't let one player dictate what the front office does or does not want to do. Look at the Pats and the Asante Samuel situation last summer. They decided to franchise him and when he complained about it they didn't budge one bit. He ended up playing anyway and IMO it sent a message, no one is greater than the TEAM.

Michael82
08-23-2008, 01:21 PM

Great post! :bf1:

Michael82
08-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Sorry but I agree with other people. This is a horrible thread! How can you blame the Buffalo Bills when it was Jason Peters himself that approached the team 2 years ago for a new contract. They took care of him and paid him more than the other offensive linemen on the team back then. It's not the team's fault that contracts got out of whack after that. It's not the team's fault that his agent didn't have something inserted into the deal that would end his contract early if he hit certain incentives or at least get an increase in pay if he was moved to LT. It's not the team's fault that he is following the advice of a horrible agent who wants him to hold the team hostage.

I have posted this time and time again. The Buffalo Bills have shown many many times that they are willing to re-work contracts. They have shown before that they will pay you more money if it's deserved. But what they have always asked is for you to show a little faith in the team. Come to Buffalo, work out with the team. Show them that you are 100% healthy again. Let them know that you are a team player and will keep it out of the media. Let them know that you will come to training camp and work with the team when you are asked to. Let them know that you want to be in Buffalo and be a Buffalo Bills player for many years. Again, show a sign of good faith! That's all they are asking for.

Aaron Schobel did it. And he was awarded with a new contract. Brian Moorman did it and he got an extension. All they want you to show is that you are committed to the team. If you aren't, then get the **** out of here!

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
I guess you call kiss my butt, except for Lexwhat.

The Bills are not rengotiating even if Peters shows up so I'll go with "Blame the Bills". Ralph Wilson is a cheap bastard.

Voltron
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess you call kiss my butt, except for Lexwhat.

The Bills are not rengotiating even if Peters shows up so I'll go with "Blame the Bills". Ralph Wilson is a cheap bastard.
Your in the minority here! You kiss all of our Butts along with Lex :D

camelcowboy
08-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Your in the minority here! You kiss all of our Butts along with Lex :D
He can kiss Ralphs butt as well, hopefully he wasn't to cheap to buy TP