X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Blame the Bills, not Peters.

The Bills front office is more to blame for this situation than Peters. Why?

Because it's the Bills that draft and sign the players and ultimetly compenstae the players. If your going to give big FA contracts to Walker and Dockery than you run the risk of ticking off your under-paid LT.

The Bills want to act like this isn't their fault and they are the victims. How is that?

For those who have argued the real world scenario: If you worked in a company as a sales guy, but got paid less than guys you outsell wouldn't you be ticked?

The Bills created the problem and should have addressed it before it got to this. They should have been negotiating his contract in Decemeber.

I blame the Bills for this mess. If Peters doesn't show up I will put 100% of the blame on Wilson and the front office for screwing up yet another season for us fans.
  • clumping platelets

Re: Blame the Bills, not Peters.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Truth hurts.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
        • May 2004

Peters signed the contract. His hand was not forced. The Bills have done alot for this kid. If he had signed elsewhere as a rookie FA, he might not have made the team, might not have been converted to a tackle, or might have turned out to be a very average TE like Manumaleuna, another huge TE.

My point is that the Bills have been, and continue to be more than fair with the kid, and to place any significant blame on the organization is just plain ignorant in my opinion.
        "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          Peters signed the contract. His hand was not forced. The Bills have done alot for this kid. If he had signed elsewhere as a rookie FA, he might not have made the team, might not have been converted to a tackle, or might have turned out to be a very average TE like Manumaleuna, another huge TE.

My point is that the Bills have been, and continue to be more than fair with the kid, and to place any significant blame on the organization is just plain ignorant in my opinion.
          He didn't work to become the best LT in the league?

Is he worth being paid third on the O-line?

I don't like Peter's sitting either. But why is he sitting? Because he signed a deal that isn't in line with his performance.

If Peters wasn't geting paid 40% of what he is worth I wouldn't be arguing the point, but the Bills opened this can of worms when they signed Walker and Dockery. They created the mess.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            He didn't work to become the best LT in the league?

Is he worth being paid third on the O-line?

I don't like Peter's sitting either. But why is he sitting? Because he signed a deal that isn't in line with his performance.

If Peters wasn't geting paid 40% of what he is worth I wouldn't be arguing the point, but the Bills opened this can of worms when they signed Walker and Dockery. They created the mess.
            Of course his is worth being paid third on the O-Line, its the contract HE signed..If it wasn't for us he wouldn't even be playing or making this kind of money, he should be happy that he is making atleast 3 mil..whats the big deal? he's making 3 mil a year..come in, show some dedication to the team, quit being a selfish fat pig and then we can talk new contract, but as for now..HE'S under a contract HE signed..dont blame all of this on the bills.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

WHAT??!!?! Your not serious. This is the main problem in sports. Once you sign your name on the dotted line you should have to honor that contract. If he thinks or is better then his contract he will get paid but not when 3-4 years are still left on the deal. He basically just signed that deal.

He should be thanking the Bills. He should be saying THANK YOU MR WILSON!! Because if it wasnt for MR Wilson and the Buffalo Bills he wouldnt be **** right now. They game him his shot and trained and coached him up at a new position!! Your post is complete horse**** no offense. Im just upset as anyone of you but the blame lies with one person acc 2 people....HIS AGENT (for wanting a payday and thats all he cares about) and Peters for listening to his greedy ass agent.

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                WHAT??!!?! Your not serious. This is the main problem in sports. Once you sign your name on the dotted line you should have to honor that contract. If he thinks or is better then his contract he will get paid but not when 3-4 years are still left on the deal. He basically just signed that deal.

He should be thanking the Bills. He should be saying THANK YOU MR WILSON!! Because if it wasnt for MR Wilson and the Buffalo Bills he wouldnt be **** right now. They game him his shot and trained and coached him up at a new position!! Your post is complete horse**** no offense. Im just upset as anyone of you but the blame lies with one person acc 2 people....HIS AGENT (for wanting a payday and thats all he cares about) and Peters for listening to his greedy ass agent.
                AMEN!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Peters should to the Buffalo Bills. Plain and simple.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets

Mlynch23's threads are better than this especially if you consider the age difference between him and HH.

TGIF
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                      Peters should to the Buffalo Bills. Plain and simple.
                      and show up, and say how sorry he is for doing this to the bills, and actually show he wants to play for this team..Him doing this, IMO is just showing how he doesn't have any dedication to this team at all..and all he cares about is money, atleast LEE is showing up an practicing wanting a contract an wanting to stay on the bills..this fat piece hasn't done anything to show me that he wants to play for this team.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        The Bills front office is more to blame for this situation than Peters. Why?

Because it's the Bills that draft and sign the players and ultimetly compenstae the players. If your going to give big FA contracts to Walker and Dockery than you run the risk of ticking off your under-paid LT.

The Bills want to act like this isn't their fault and they are the victims. How is that?

For those who have argued the real world scenario: If you worked in a company as a sales guy, but got paid less than guys you outsell wouldn't you be ticked?

The Bills created the problem and should have addressed it before it got to this. They should have been negotiating his contract in Decemeber.

I blame the Bills for this mess. If Peters doesn't show up I will put 100% of the blame on Wilson and the front office for screwing up yet another season for us fans.
                        Dockery and Peters are in the same echelon as far as I'm concerned, the only big difference between the two is that Dockery waited for his new deal and played out his original contract. Peters and his agent smell the money in the air with all the big contracts we've handed out to linemen last offseason. Peters needs to do the right thing and show up to the camp, the Bills need to give him a bonus and promise to re-work his deal for next season.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

The only thing I would blame the Bills for is assuming that Peters has one iota of loyalty, respect or integrity.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• JerseyBoofaloBills
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                            Dockery and Peters are in the same echelon as far as I'm concerned, the only big difference between the two is that Dockery waited for his new deal and played out his original contract. Peters and his agent smell the money in the air with all the big contracts we've handed out to linemen last offseason. Peters needs to do the right thing and show up to the camp, the Bills need to give him a bonus and promise to re-work his deal for next season.
                            I hope you mean that after he shows up, cause the bills dont need to jack **** until this tubby shows up.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

1) The Bills have a player, they signed, not reporting. Ultimately, that's the organizations fault. And if it costs us games than I'll be holding them responsible, not Peters.

2) Yes, football players make millions of dollars. Unfortunately it is in a short period of time where one injury can cost them a lifetime of earnings. Is Jason Peters opening a medical practice when he is done with football?

3) Yes, he signed a contract. He can''t get out of it. If we are underpaid, we can quit, and get a job that pays more. He can't do that.

4) You can't create goodwill paying someone half of what they are worth. You don't think the Bills thought they were getting a good deal when they extended him? If you try to get to cute this is what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X