PDA

View Full Version : Edwards officially out, Hardy and Parrish unlikely to play Sunday

OpIv37
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Per V text.

Why even bother playing at this point? No Peters, no Edwards, and a bunch of no-name receivers. I can't imagine it's even good practice at this point. And this is the game where the starters usually play the whole first half.

Ebenezer
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
They need to be there Sept. 7.

VeggieMan14
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Per V text.

Why even bother?great so we get to see jerk punk throw to the other team cuz he doesnt have any recievers... o wait he does that anyway

Oaf
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Update:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3891

:ill:

So much for the starters getting a lot of reps.. I really think DJ needs to take this into consideration and play especially Edwards and Hardy a good portion against Detroit.

madness
08-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh goody... can't wait to see this place Monday. :ill:

hydro
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
:ill: :down:

yordad
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Great, JP gets a chance, but with no Parrish, or Hardy and proably no Reed. :/

acehole
08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I wanted to see JP with Hardy and Parish to see what he could do...all things being equal.

oh well.

Update:
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3891

:ill:

So much for the starters getting a lot of reps.. I really think DJ needs to take this into consideration and play especially Edwards and Hardy a good portion against Detroit.

Romes
08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
over/under on JP threads on Monday is 62. I dare someone to take the under.

Stewie
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
I blame BMN, he invited me to watch the game becaues he knew this would happen!

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:52 PM
God dammit.

BlackMetalNinja
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
I blame BMN, he invited me to watch the game becaues he knew this would happen!

I only invited you as an excuse to buy some M&Ms...

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
In a way this isn't terrible news.

We'll get a good long look at Jenkins, Johnson and Huggins and perhaps the 5th, and possibly 6th WR if we keep that many will be found Sunday.

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Per V text.

Why even bother playing at this point? No Peters, no Edwards, and a bunch of no-name receivers. I can't imagine it's even good practice at this point. And this is the game where the starters usually play the whole first half.
I'm sure Indy is feeling the same with no Manning, Freeney or Sanders either.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2008, 12:58 PM
Injuries are a part of the game. Let's just be hopeful we can get to September 7th with everyone healthy.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 12:58 PM

We'll get a good long look at Jenkins, Johnson and Huggins and perhaps the 5th, and possibly 6th WR if we keep that many will be found Sunday.
Good point, it would be nice to see Hardy get a few more catches before the season though.

Dr. Lecter
08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
The problem with playing Trent a bunch against Detroit, is that the Bills would need to play the entire starting O-line as well. And if one of them gets injured, the offense is in deeper crap than they are now.

By the same token if dumbass reports on Monday, he can play 3 quarters Thursday to protect TEs blindside.

Of course, TE might not be ready to play by then too.

Sigh. This sucks.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Nothing to lose now, all 48 yard bombs on everyplay.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:06 PM
Per V text.

It's practice. Didn't you go berserk when they cancelled an OTA ?

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
The problem with playing Trent a bunch against Detroit, is that the Bills would need to play the entire starting O-line as well. And if one of them gets injured, the offense is in deeper crap than they are now.

By the same token if dumbass reports on Monday, he can play 3 quarters Thursday to protect TEs blindside.

Of course, TE might not be ready to play by then too.

Sigh. This sucks.
I dont think Jauron's mindset will change for the Detroit game.

I think you will VERY little of the starters, including Edwards.

They only have 4 days between Indy and Detroit, I'd be shocked to see anything more than 2 series from starters, and that's the max.

I think Hardy will play a lot more though if he can go, because for one thing, he's not a starter (Reed is)

trapezeus
08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
in some ways this could help. i realize pat says that Jauron is going to stick with his game plan of few starters playing against detroit. But if he's flexible, it might be good for continuity and getting into a flow that the bills starters play alot a week before the season and then are ready to go.

If they did it in week 3 of preseason and then took a week off and came in for the opener, maybe they'd be too rusty.

I don't know. i'm just trying to find some silver lining to all this.

Bone
08-22-2008, 01:44 PM
No point in watching now

billsburgh
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
It's OK, Trent and the rest of the team showed they were ready for the season last week against pittsburgh.

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 01:48 PM
in some ways this could help. i realize pat says that Jauron is going to stick with his game plan of few starters playing against detroit. But if he's flexible, it might be good for continuity and getting into a flow that the bills starters play alot a week before the season and then are ready to go.

If they did it in week 3 of preseason and then took a week off and came in for the opener, maybe they'd be too rusty.

I don't know. i'm just trying to find some silver lining to all this.
Id bet my life the starters dont play more than half the first quarter against Detroit.

YOu gotta understand two things: 1) The game is only 4 days after the Indy game, which I hate. 2) With all the injuries last year the last thing we want is an injury in the preseason finale.

To be honest, if I was the head coach, the starters wouldnt even see the field next Thursday. EVen if this is an offense that needs all the reps it can get.

I doubt Edwards plays at all. If he's out for Indy odds are he's out four days later as well.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM

I would normally agree with you, but we had the same situation last week and even a few games in 07, and these guys just don't get looks. It may be that none of them can get consistent separation or that we just don't call plays for them. I would love to see Huggins, Johnson, and Jenkins play with the first team and get some balls, but for some reason, we are hesitant to test their abilities. We use to throw it a lot in past years to backup WRs which leads me to think that this group may indeed be inferior to past scrubs. Either way, it's preseason and I'm kinda shocked on how we are not attempting to test our depth in any way. This counts passing the ball on 3rd and 10+, attempting to score in the 2nd half, sending a gap blitz with the backup LBs, letting backup DBs call coverage audibles, etc.

Oaf
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Id bet my life the starters dont play more than half the first quarter against Detroit.

YOu gotta understand two things: 1) The game is only 4 days after the Indy game, which I hate. 2) With all the injuries last year the last thing we want is an injury in the preseason finale.

To be honest, if I was the head coach, the starters wouldnt even see the field next Thursday. EVen if this is an offense that needs all the reps it can get.

I doubt Edwards plays at all. If he's out for Indy odds are he's out four days later as well.
Honestly, with our "fast start" mentality this season, I don't see how it'll happen if the first game or two will be like the preseason for our 1st team..

Ed
08-22-2008, 01:52 PM
All this drama over a thigh bruise. Lame. I hope they're just trying to be super cautious and Edwards isn't this fragile during the season. I'm assuming if this were in fact a regular season game he would play.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Some players still need work at route running. Some people need to work on technique. etc.etc especially against teams that throw them different looks. It's still worth doing and watching.

OpIv37
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
They need to be there Sept. 7.

Skipped practices during OTA.
Light training camp with only 2 double sessions, on the first two days of camp.
Light workload for the starters in the first preseason game.
Starters injured for the 3rd preseason game.

They may be there Sept 7 but there's nothing that makes me believe they'll be ready.

OpIv37
08-22-2008, 02:05 PM
It's practice. Didn't you go berserk when they cancelled an OTA ?

see above:

Granted, this time it's not Jauron's fault. But the reason I went berserk is because it's part of a longstanding trend of Jauron being too easy on this team. We missed opportunities in OTA, we missed opportunities for double sessions in camp, we missed an opportunity for more time in the first preseason game, and now the season starts in 16 days and there are no more opportunities.

But, I guess this young team that's depending on player improvement to get better is going to improve by NOT practicing? Come on- that's completely illogical.

OpIv37
08-22-2008, 02:06 PM

manning, freeney and sanders don't need to practice. They've proven themselves. No one on our team has proven a damn thing.

Scumbag College
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I can't wait to piss and moan about this after the game.

BAM
08-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Good move. Not worth it to risk it!

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
see above:.all that says is you doubt they will be ready.

Granted, this time it's not Jauron's fault. But the reason I went berserk is because it's part of a longstanding trend of Jauron being too easy on this team. We missed opportunities in OTA, we missed opportunities for double sessions in camp, we missed an opportunity for more time in the first preseason game, and now the season starts in 16 days and there are no more opportunities.

But, I guess this young team that's depending on player improvement to get better is going to improve by NOT practicing? Come on- that's completely illogical

MY point is, if OTA's are important to you, all the more this sunday's game is MORE important.

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM
This game means NOTHING.

The ONLY Thing I care about is seeing how the first team OL looks.

Ed
08-22-2008, 02:35 PM
This game means NOTHING.

The ONLY Thing I care about is seeing how the first team OL looks.
Agreed. It will be good experience for the younger guys, but it's still important that the OL get some reps together and look solid.

raphael120
08-22-2008, 02:55 PM
This line is pathetic and one of the reasons why I think Jauron is a ****ing joke of a coach:

“J.P. will get a really good look and a long look on that night and it’s really good for him to play and then hopefully coming back the next week Trent will be completely healthy,” said Jauron.

How much longer of a ****ing look do we need at JP???!?!?!?!

Jan Reimers
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I think Hardy's hamstring is what concerns me most. He has missed a ton of valuable time, which he really needed to become a productive player for us. And who knows when it will be better?

RedEyE
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
If JP plans on drawing interest from any team in the NFL, now would be the time.

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
This line is pathetic and one of the reasons why I think Jauron is a ****ing joke of a coach:

How much longer of a ****ing look do we need at JP???!?!?!?!
we need 2 qb's that are ready. While this situation helps JP, it hurts Trents preparation.

raphael120
08-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Well...one good thing...all of our defense will be intact, so we can see how well they do against the run, etc...even though Manning won't play. I should hope they do well against the second string QB.

So things to watch...Oline, Lynch, Jackson, what kind of playcalls they make with JP in there (remember Schonert said that JP has to be able to run the same plays that they taylored for Edwards), and the run D (pass D I dont think will be good to judge based on the fact Manning will not play)

raphael120
08-22-2008, 03:05 PM
we need 2 qb's that are ready. While this situation helps JP, it hurts Trents preparation.

JPs had 4 years to get ready and he's pissed those opportunities away, why would it change now?

justasportsfan
08-22-2008, 03:06 PM
JPs had 4 years to get ready and he's pissed those opportunities away, why would it change now?
because it's a different team? new OL, new OC, new weapons.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Per V text.

I went from being excited to not giving a crap.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Well...one good thing...all of our defense will be intact, so we can see how well they do against the run, etc...even though Manning won't play. I should hope they do well against the second string QB.

So things to watch...Oline, Lynch, Jackson, what kind of playcalls they make with JP in there (remember Schonert said that JP has to be able to run the same plays that they taylored for Edwards), and the run D (pass D I dont think will be good to judge based on the fact Manning will not play)

Let's hope JP doen't throw a 20 foot high screen that gets Lynch or Jackson blasted.

gr8slayer
08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Let's hope JP doen't throw a 20 foot high screen that gets Lynch or Jackson blasted.
****, I don't even want to think of what the season would be like. We're already down Peters for the foreseeable future, can you imagine if Lynch....... never mind.

John Doe
08-22-2008, 07:37 PM
The game will be interesting as long as the Bills play.

Losman will probably get some critical playing time this year, so this will be good work for him.

alohabillsfan
08-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Some of you guys are really weak, I mean, we all wait and countdown for FA the draft etc... Now with our beloved Bills on TV playing an actual game and you don't even want to watch, (we all know you will). There are things to watch that are most likely more important than having TE in there, like how Turk calls plays, return game, young receivers against 1st string defense etc... (added bonus, Freeney verse Walker = run or duck JP). Note to Turk roll JP right.

mybills
08-23-2008, 07:00 AM
thank you, abf! :bf1:

JP played like crap last time, so he'll do better this time. As for Reed, didn't he return to practice? I thought his back was getting better. Did he have another surgery or something? :idunno:

Nighthawk
08-23-2008, 07:51 AM
This is again Dickey being scared of his own shadow. I think this guy sleeps with a flashlight at night because he's scared of the dark!

acehole
08-23-2008, 07:57 AM

2004 injured. 2005 First year player.2006 much improved 11 rated passer 2007 Bills were not good..including fairchild.

I just wanted to correct you.

mayotm
08-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Like it or not, JP is likely to get some playing time during the regular season based on Trent's history of being injured. Therefore, JP getting some work with the starters is a good thing. Yes, Hardy and Parrish are out, however Evans and Reed are playing. To claim there is nothing to watch because Edwards, Hardy and Parrish aren't playing is just plain silly.

patmoran2006
08-23-2008, 09:56 AM
I thought Freeny and Sanders weren't going to play but they both are.

Good. I want to see our OL against their best.

BAM
08-23-2008, 09:57 AM
2004 injured. 2005 First year player.2006 much improved 11 rated passer 2007 Bills were not good..including fairchild.

I just wanted to correct you.

Excuses are like aceholes.

TacklingDummy
08-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Great, JP gets a chance, but with no Parrish, or Hardy and proably no Reed. :/

Always an excuse.

TacklingDummy
08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
over/under on JP threads on Monday is 62. I dare someone to take the under.

That depends if JP does well or not. If JP doesn't do well I will take the under. Most of us have moved on. This place turns to crap when JP completes one pass and his fans create 63 threads saying how great he is.

acehole
08-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Excuses are like aceholes.

Yes they are sought after by lickers.

acehole
08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Always an excuse.

Well fair is fair kid...

Even Manning doesnt do well when his WR are injured.

You guys hate more then I thought.

OpIv37
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Some of you guys are really weak, I mean, we all wait and countdown for FA the draft etc... Now with our beloved Bills on TV playing an actual game and you don't even want to watch, (we all know you will). There are things to watch that are most likely more important than having TE in there, like how Turk calls plays, return game, young receivers against 1st string defense etc... (added bonus, Freeney verse Walker = run or duck JP). Note to Turk roll JP right.

It's not about that.

Preseason's about having the team ready to play, and the two most important pieces of the offense and two key receivers won't be getting ready. That's my problem.

yordad
08-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Always an excuse.If excuse = reason, then yeah, I agree.

TD, an "excuse" and a "valid excuse" are two different things. A "valid excuse" is a "reason". If you have any reason, you could see this is a "reason", not an "excuse". Seriously, are you saying this "excuse" is invalid?

Either way though, I think JP can do better just from the subtraction of Fairchild. Even with garbage receivers, and a garbage o-line.

Mitchell55
08-23-2008, 12:03 PM

Freeney and Sanders are playing. Peyton never plays in the preseason anyways.