PDA

View Full Version : GW on hot seat!

casdhf
08-27-2002, 03:18 PM
5. Gregg Williams, Buffalo: Getting quarterback Drew Bledsoe raises the bar on the expectations for Williams, which is a little unfair. The franchise took the direction of weeding out high-paid aging players on the front seven of their defense last season, and the rebuilding process in that unit won't be complete until next year. To ask Williams to be a winner this year isn't right, but he's got the show progress. The Bills should be pretty good on offense. They have three solid wide receivers, two good tight ends and a decent crop of running backs. Williams needs the offensive line to come together quickly to keep Bledsoe healthy. If Williams can double last year's victory total, he should be okay.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview02/columns/clayton_john/1423280.html

casdhf
08-27-2002, 03:18 PM
I agree with Clayton, as long as he wins at least 6, he'll be ok.

RedEyE
08-27-2002, 03:20 PM
Thats just about what everyone expects. Good find.

DraftBoy
08-27-2002, 03:45 PM
I expect the world, but will settle for 6 wins

WG
08-27-2002, 03:57 PM
I don't think it's fair to measure the success of the season in terms of wins this year. I mean if the O consistently puts up 20 or 30-some points, yet the D doesn't respond by holding opponents to under 24 or so, then we certainly shouldn't blame the O.

I realize this will take some "untraining" by Bills fans from the past few years. :D But we can do it! LOL

So as long as the O becomes the high-powered O that it is being touted as becoming, then all will be well. However, if we play half our games the way we did vs. Minnesota, one of the league's worst Ds, and then only marginally better for the other half, then this experiment of neglecting the DL and some other OL-men in favor of a high-powered QB will prove to have been the wrong approach.

We cannot afford to be spending out resources next offseason on anything but another quality OL-man along w/ 2 or 3 DL-men. We put all of our eggs in the O basket this year, next year it's the Ds turn if we are to get serious about building a competitive team for next season.

We already go into next year at a disadvantage w/o a first-round selection in the draft. Hopefully it won't have been a good pick.

echo_bravo
08-27-2002, 04:23 PM
Bwhahaha

You guys are just settling for 6 wins?! Maybe so, but you might still be disappointed.

DraftBoy
08-27-2002, 05:01 PM
Yea well at least we expect reasonable things let me give you an example of the Phins thinkings every year:

"We will win the Stuper Bowl, We will win the Stuper Bowl"

then when you lose:

"Its the refs fault, or this guys fault, or that guys fault never the fact that we actually just got beat"

6-10????Il take it over 3-13

casdhf
08-27-2002, 05:05 PM
I think we'll be all set

Gunzlingr
08-27-2002, 05:33 PM
I would like a winning season, but I am realistic as well.

casdhf
08-27-2002, 06:38 PM
I think anything about 8 wins is a bonus.

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2002, 06:40 PM
6-10 may be ok if they compete in close games.
6-10 with 5 blowouts will get GW fired.

casdhf
08-27-2002, 06:42 PM
Those 5 blowouts will be wins. :up: