PDA

View Full Version : My Major Concerns at This Point of the Preseason

Jan Reimers
08-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a number of worries after almost a month of camp:

1) Peters' holdout. Without him, our O-line will be a mess.

2) Schouman's knee injury. He was beginning to show some real progress as a pass catching TE, and now he might be out for several weeks.

3) Hardy's hamstring. He has missed a lot valuable time, which young WRs really need to develop, and it seems like he might miss even more. Hammies are sometimes real tough to get through.

Crowell's knee. It seems like almost a chronic condition, which might flare up at any time.

Anyone else have additional concerns?

RockStar36
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Hardy bothers me. They keep acting like it isn't that big of a deal but obviously it's big enough to the point where he is missing quite a bit of time. They definitely need him once the real season starts.

trapezeus
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
worried without edwards playing in the 3rd and 4th pre season game that we aren't going to get off to a fast start. And to think we have some winnable games at the front end of that schedule.

Thurmal
08-22-2008, 03:29 PM
-- The secondary is still full of question marks. Who is going to start; who is going to make up nickel and dime packages; who is going to even make the roster? I will say this again: McGee, our only certain starter, is a liability in my opinion. He gives up too much of a cushion and gets absolutely worked by bigger receivers.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2008, 03:30 PM
ML & his habit of running into things he shouldn't, Trent's knee / local people.

patmoran2006
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Edwards and the OL.

Im confident about everything else, but if those two aren't good, nothing else will end up mattering.

Philagape
08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Geez Jan, you're such a downer! Way to dampen our spirits!

Dr. Lecter
08-22-2008, 03:38 PM
-- The secondary is still full of question marks. Who is going to start; who is going to make up nickel and dime packages; who is going to even make the roster? I will say this again: McGee, our only certain starter, is a liability in my opinion. He gives up too much of a cushion and gets absolutely worked by bigger receivers.

Do you think Whitner is certain starter?

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM

I'm not tryin to be a jerk, but aren't you contradicting yourself?

I'm absolutely pissed, too. But I say let him rot for as long as he chooses to stay away. He will have no value whatsoever in 3 years, and the Bills will be fine without him.

Lexwhat
08-22-2008, 04:02 PM

2) Schouman's knee injury. He was beginning to show some real progress as a pass catching TE, and now he might be out for several weeks.

3) Hardy's hamstring. He has missed a lot valuable time, which young WRs really need to develop, and it seems like he might miss even more. Hammies are sometimes real tough to get through.

Crowell's knee. It seems like almost a chronic condition, which might flare up at any time.

Otherwise, I agree.

bigbub2352
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I am concerned with The Peters Situation that will set us back if he doesnt get his fat ass in here,

I am concerned with McCargo's and Williams PLay on the DT front they were regularaly moved out of the way in both preseason games

I am concerned with the play of Will James both preseason games we was picked on

I am concerned with our TE play cause if Royal goes down we are in big trouble, and that is a sad statement, Schouman mite be injury prone, he has a past
I am concerned about Melvin Fowler
I am concerned with the run blocking
I am concerened about the pass rush
I am concerned about the HC being out coached
I am concenred that Ledois McKelvin mite not be the cover CB we thought but could be excellent for us in ST

I am concerned that Edwards is injury prone
I am concerned about Hardy also having stumped his development this year
But that is about it...

Night Train
08-22-2008, 04:52 PM
MY worry is the calling of the signals by the OC,DC ... throw the ball to set up the run & attack on D.

They have to let these guys play.

DBrown77
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Hardy is my biggest concern. WR is one of the hardest positions to transition into the pro's. he was making a ton of mistakes already. everyone is counting on him being a saviour, but i dont think he will have a good rookie season without the reps.

How many top receivers have made an impact their first year lately??

EDS
08-22-2008, 05:46 PM

Those are definitely the top 4 issues. The only other thing that gives me somce concern McCargo's seeming lack of development.

Thurmal
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Do you think Whitner is certain starter?
Of course. Sorry, I had our glut of corners on the brain when I made that comment.

Another thing that concerns me: our total lack of a decent pass rush since, I don't know, about 1999.

Tatonka
08-22-2008, 06:29 PM
im concerned that trent edwards is a vagina.

VeggieMan14
08-22-2008, 06:39 PM
im concerned that trent edwards is a vagina.:lmao:

Mitchell55
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
My #1 major concern is that

WE HAVE MAJOR CONCERNS.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Hardy is my biggest concern. WR is one of the hardest positions to transition into the pro's. he was making a ton of mistakes already. everyone is counting on him being a saviour, but i dont think he will have a good rookie season without the reps.

How many top receivers have made an impact their first year lately??

Boldin.

cocamide
08-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm concerned that the traffic will be too high on I-4 and I won't be able to make it to Tampa to see the Bills in the Super Bowl.

gr8slayer
08-23-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm concerned with Wilson's inability to put together a championship caliber team.

gr8slayer
08-23-2008, 12:50 AM
Boldin.
Dwayne Bowe, Michael Clayton, James Jones, Torry Holt, Randy Moss.

Oaf
08-23-2008, 02:09 AM

Here's mine.

1. Jason Peters

2. James Hardy

3. Trent Edwards

It's almost assured that we'll need 3 for 3 on those to qualify for playoffs.

Typ0
08-23-2008, 05:57 AM
I'm mostly concerned that we won't win a superbowl yet again.

Historian
08-23-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm concerned that the AFC is simply too tough to make the playoffs.

Jan Reimers
08-23-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm not tryin to be a jerk, but aren't you contradicting yourself?
Yeah, I probably am. I'm just pissed at Peters, but we'll definitely miss him if he decides to take the season off.

patmoran2006
08-23-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm concerned with Wilson's inability to put together a championship caliber team.
For all the talking we do about personnel, it ALWAYS comes down to the head coach and the GM, and Im' not even going to bother to comment about Wilson in this thread.

shelby
08-23-2008, 10:04 AM
You all raise valid points.

i want Peters back yesterday. And i'm concerned about Edwards....perhaps the injury prone tag was appropriate?