PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Pats game?

mybills
08-23-2008, 06:13 AM
:gag:

How bad is Cassel with the first string?
How good is Guerewiupwqeyh with the scrubs?

imo, Cassel isn't as bad as that line makes him look.
but rumor has it, Belecheat really likes Guerewiupwqeyh.

mybills
08-23-2008, 06:16 AM
oh and, Eagles have a pretty good special teams. Glad we're not playing them. :phew:

Mitchell55
08-23-2008, 11:59 AM
:gag:

How bad is Cassel with the first string?
How good is Guerewiupwqeyh with the scrubs?

imo, Cassel isn't as bad as that line makes him look.
but rumor has it, Belecheat really likes Guerewiupwqeyh.

I doubt Bilecheat can pernounce Gureadlfdja;lfjla;fjsuwuqo.

mybills
08-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Tedy needs to retire..yesterday.

mybills
08-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Colts are pretty much in the same boat..prolly worse according to the experts..but I laughed when they mentioned NE regarding this. I see it, the experts see it, all the fans see it, including NE fans. I've talked to some huge Pats fans that said their team sucks this year..they came right out and said it..I swear I didn't ask about them. But there will always be the few nonpatsfans on this board that will keep praising them like they're Gods. :cynic:

LtFinFan66
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Until they prove differently, they are still the Pats of last year. Time will tell I guess

The King
08-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Im suprised people around here seem generally concerned about the Pats right now. I think they'll be fine.

This is the worst team I think they have fielded in 3 years though. Their secondary is dismal. And I think they will miss Stallworth more than anyone thinks.

mybills
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
that's just it..they're NOT the Pats of last year. They're getting too old and have no good QB's other than Brady. If the line is too old to protect him, Brady's out & what does that leave them?

LtFinFan66
08-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Like I said, when they start losing then I will be happy. Hopefully the Superbowl was a sign of things to come. I agree that is Brady goes down, the Pats are hurting

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I doubt Bilecheat can pernounce Gureadlfdja;lfjla;fjsuwuqo.
:rofl: His name has punctuations in it!

Ickybaluky
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
This is the worst team I think they have fielded in 3 years though. Their secondary is dismal. And I think they will miss Stallworth more than anyone thinks.

I disagree with this entirely.

This team is more talented than all but maybe last year's team, and way better than the 2006 team with their OL problems. Offensively, they return pretty much everyone. They have been beat up a little on the OL, but otherwise they are the same. Gaffney was a much bigger factor for them than Stallworth down the stretch. They will score a good amount of points.

Defensively, their front-7 is more talented with the additions of Mayo and Crable at LB, Meriweather having a year under his belt, Lynch playing a hybrid nickel LB role, Seymour healthy for the first time since 2005 and Adalius Thomas playing OLB exclusively (after playing ILB for much of 2007). they are weaker at CB, but strong everywhere else.

Overall, I have been very pleased by the preseason. They have managed to avoid big injuries for the most part, with a lot of players getting nicked up but none out too long. The OL has probably been hit the hardest, but with Light and Koppen back for the opener they will be fine.

There is zero correlation between preseason success and regular season play. There is just none. The Giants won the Super Bowl last year, after going 1-3 in the preseason (and giving up 80 points while losing their first 2 games). The Colts won the Super Bowl in 2006 after going 1-3 in preseason.

You just can't judge team play in preseason. It is just too different than the regular season. Heck, you can't even judge who is going to be decent until after the first month, and can't tell the contenders until Thanksgiving. It is a long season, and there is no correlation between how teams play now to how they will play this year.

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Of course you disagree. Wouldn't have expected anything else.

Kenny
08-25-2008, 12:25 PM
They'll be fine...

Much like the Colts, the Pats are going to do much in preseason... just no reason for it. Go half-assed in preseason and avoid the injuries.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Seriously though how hard it is to spell Gutierrez??

The King
08-25-2008, 01:04 PM
You just can't judge team play in preseason. It is just too different than the regular season. Heck, you can't even judge who is going to be decent until after the first month, and can't tell the contenders until Thanksgiving. It is a long season, and there is no correlation between how teams play now to how they will play this year.

Well you left the first part of my quote out, where I said that its pre-season and I believe they'll be fine. However I still think this team is thwe worst Pats team we have seen in a while. Gafney did do well down the stretch as a #4 WR as a 2 he doesn't pose the same kind of threat Stallworth did. The GIANTS laid out a recipe to beat the Pats showing their O-Line as a weakness and they did nothing to correct that. The Pats did improve at LBer no doubt but their loss at CB off sets that in my mind.

I still think that the Pats will win the division and most likely win 12 games but this is a beatable team.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Well you left the first part of my quote out, where I said that its pre-season and I believe they'll be fine. However I still think this team is thwe worst Pats team we have seen in a while. Gafney did do well down the stretch as a #4 WR as a 2 he doesn't pose the same kind of threat Stallworth did. The GIANTS laid out a recipe to beat the Pats showing their O-Line as a weakness and they did nothing to correct that. The Pats did improve at LBer no doubt but their loss at CB off sets that in my mind.

I still think that the Pats will win the division and most likely win 12 games but this is a beatable team.

You are forgetting WR Chad Jackson who has a ton of skill as a WR who they have had stored away for a while.

Also you talk about the Pats not improving their OL but this is where the consistency with this board irritates me. And this not directed solely at you MBB but we talk about how you know with an extra year our players will develop and get better well why wouldn't the Pats OL learn and get better? Its just a huge inconsistency that bothers me. I think they could easily change some scheme things and fix that blueprint.

mybills
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
17 of them were born in the 70's.