PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Whitner won't back down: playoff drought ends this season

shelby
08-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Op will love this....

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y.–Donte Whitner is a confident player, one who has the conviction to say what he believes and is fearless in backing it up.
So when the Bills strong safety proclaims that Buffalo is going to make the playoffs this season, he does it without hesitation.
"It's a guarantee. You can't take it back and I won't take it back," Whitner said during training camp, repeating the proclamation he's been making to most anyone who cares to listen.
"It's on me and I'm not afraid. I'm not backing down. So at the end of the year, when we're going into that 17th game, it'll feel good."
Of course, Whitner knows what he's getting into, and aware that Buffalo hasn't been to the playoffs in eight seasons, since Rob Johnson and former CFL star Doug Flutie were embroiled in a quarterback controversy. It's the longest drought in franchise history, and tied with Detroit as the NFL's second-longest active drought, one season fewer than Arizona.
The Bills are ready to back him up.

full story (http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/484350)

njsue
08-24-2008, 07:30 AM
:pray:

Jan Reimers
08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm glad he's sticking to his guns and not waffling. That shows the kind of confident leadership the Bills need.

BAM
08-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Awesome!

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Few things would make me happier.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 11:23 AM
give me some of what whitner is on for when i go raving next weekend!!!!!!

VeggieMan14
08-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Thats what im talking about way to grow a pair and step up donte now just dont go out there and make your team look like a bunch of dumbasses

OpIv37
08-24-2008, 11:32 AM
:rolleyes:

If a Jets or Dolphins player were doing this, it would be pure arrogance. But since it's a Bills player, it's great. WTF?

Donte and the Bills are going to be embarrassed yet again when they're trading in their football pads for golf clubs in December.

SABuffalo786
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
The mental game is half the battle.

I'm glad this team is in a playoff mindset already.