PDA

View Full Version : this board has become too anti JP

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 10:31 AM
once again we are seeing what many others have cursed JP supporters for.

be a bills fan not a edwards or losman fan.

i have not hidden i want JP to be qb. i have also not hidden fact our qb of the future is not on this roster.

coaching is our main issue not qb play.

but give up the JP bashing. because im sure you will be forced to cheer for him more then you think this year

regardless go bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I've never understood the abject hatred toward JP exhibited by some on this board. He has always given it his best, and has remained a team player, even though things certainly haven't worked out for him on the field.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I've read the posts this morning and I think you are the only one fueling any division by creating this thread.

Jan Reimers
08-24-2008, 10:46 AM
I've read the posts this morning and I think you are the only one fueling any division by creating this thread.
I think he might have been referring to the JP posts in general, including one calling him a "cancerous punk," which thankfully was moved.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I think he might have been referring to the JP posts in general, including one calling him a "cancerous punk," which thankfully was moved.

I saw that one in the smack zone. I didn't realize it started here.

I don't hate JP and I doubt there are too many that do.

I think the argument with the JP faithful is that if he had been given the right scheme he would be the better QB. I was a big JP fan but after his inability to execute the basics it's hard to validate that argument.

I hope he plays well tonight and wins us games if called upon to do so.

However, the best QB on the team is Trent Edwards and that is almost impossible to debate.

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm for everyone wearing a Bills uniform.

shelby
08-24-2008, 11:01 AM
:up::gobills:

PromoTheRobot
08-24-2008, 11:59 AM
This board is not anti-JP, just anti-JP ballwashers. It's ponderous to have read through post after post of wishing for a QB controversy and "what-if's"

PTR

ddaryl
08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I defintely do not support the anti-JP crap...

He's a quality person, and he is our backup for now

njsue
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
All I want to do is see a winner driving the offense.

mayotm
08-24-2008, 12:31 PM

i have not hidden i want JP to be qb. i have also not hidden fact our qb of the future is not on this roster.

but give up the JP bashing. because im sure you will be forced to cheer for him more then you think this year

regardless go bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree that some people are too anti JP. When / if he plays this year, I am 100% behind him. However, I strongly disagree that the QB of the future is not currently on the roster. Edwards is the QB of the future. You don't want to see it because you are such a JP fan.

Mr. Pink
Just because you don't like someone on the team, doesn't mean you're not a fan of the Bills.

I'm willing to bet no one liked Tim Anderson, yet were still fans. Same deal.

raphael120
you make this thread and then state you're anti-Edwards too.

can we say "hypocracy", kids? yeah..i knew you could.

TigerJ
08-24-2008, 12:36 PM
I have chosen to ignore any posts thattry to pit one Bills QB against the other. Back during last season when the team was working though the QB controversy, I made it clear, I thought that between Edwards and Losman, it looked to me as if Edwards would and should end up as the starter. However, I've always liked a lot of things about Losman. Of course he's got the big arm, but he also has a fire in his belly. He seems to be a team guy who has tried to be part of the community. I expressed the opinion that the Bills should trade Losman in the offseason because Losman wanted the chance to start and he was obviously going to leave the Bills after his contract expired. It would be good for he Bills to get something out of Losman. The team didn't see it that way, so when the window of opportunity passed, I dropped the subject. Losman is a Bill, and as long as he is, I'll be a fan. That's pretty much where I am on the QBs, and about all I can say on the subject.

raphael120
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM
I liked and cheered Edwards when he was in and playing good.

I liked and cheered JP Losman when he was in and playing good.

I also booed when Edwards OR Losman were playing bad.

It just feels like there were more times (last season at least) where I was cheering more for Edwards because he was playing better, than for Losman. We all know Losman is a jeckle and hyde. He'll do some amazing things then kill you in the next play. But I don't boo him because I dont like him, I boo him because he does stupid things. I boo Edwards when he does stupid things too, but it seems like I have less reasons to boo Edwards because he doesn't do as many infuriating things as JP does.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree that some people are too anti JP. When / if he plays this year, I am 100% behind him. However, I strongly disagree that the QB of the future is not currently on the roster. Edwards is the QB of the future. You don't want to see it because you are such a JP fan.

my being a fan of JP doesnt change how i feel about edwards i wont get into it today. on real gamedays i will just to stir the pot

in the end i want the bills to win

i just know it wont be with this regime or these qbs.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
you make this thread and then state you're anti-Edwards too.

can we say "hypocracy", kids? yeah..i knew you could.

ive also stated many times if we win and i mean truly win with edwards.

not just feel good 7-9 records vs bad teams.

then of course im a bills fan first.

however the pure hatred towards JP is what ive been reading. i didnt post for a few days becuz of it becuz im tired of fighting the fight.

i will however support bills regardless of what is happening.

i will also ridicule them when its needed. and i think alot of that is coming this season

mayotm
08-24-2008, 12:48 PM
my being a fan of JP doesnt change how i feel about edwards i wont get into it today. on real gamedays i will just to stir the pot

in the end i want the bills to win

i just know it wont be with this regime or these qbs.No, you don't know. It's simply your opinion. There's a huge difference.

Wally The Barber
08-24-2008, 12:50 PM
The Anti Losman situation was created and remains an issue on messege boards only, and it IS NOT a reflection of overall support.

Some here have created this one sided argument but in reality the fans support whoever the starting QB will be.

Don't let this board influence your thoughts on the subject.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 12:51 PM
No, you don't know. It's simply your opinion. There's a huge difference.

now you want to debate. just go look over decembers numbers.

they dont look to good do they?

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
come about week 8 ill completely let loose on what i truly feel about the bills direction by then im sure my thoughts will be coming to fruition.

mayotm
08-24-2008, 12:54 PM
now you want to debate. just go look over decembers numbers.

they dont look to good do they?I don't need to debate anything. What happened last year has nothing to do with what's going to happen this season. You (like many others that post here) throw around your opinions like they are facts. Unless you have super natural abilities, predicting the success or failure of the upcoming season is an opinion. Not a fact.

Tatonka
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
The Anti Losman situation was created and remains an issue on messege boards only, and it IS NOT a reflection of overall support.

Some here have created this one sided argument but in reality the fans support whoever the starting QB will be.

Don't let this board influence your thoughts on the subject.

that is a great post.

:drama:

trapezeus
08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
i'd just like to know how many of the other 31 teams have fan clubs for their backups who have shown that they can't win or play consistently.

when jp is off this team next year, i'll enjoy looking at this board and seeing how many people realize now that he's not in the red white and navy-ish, that he is very much grossman and boller. but those two didn't have their teams give up 3 draft picks to get them.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM
i'd just like to know how many of the other 31 teams have fan clubs for their backups who have shown that they can't win or play consistently.

when jp is off this team next year, i'll enjoy looking at this board and seeing how many people realize now that he's not in the red white and navy-ish, that he is very much grossman and boller. but those two didn't have their teams give up 3 draft picks to get them.

on that note i think the bears are insane not playing grossman. maybe his situation would be different if they had even 1 wr of note

Tatonka
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM
people will support the guy who is throwing TDs and they will boo the guy who is throwing incompletions or interceptions.

i really dont care who it is and just hope that one of them steps up and takes the team by the horns.. it would seem right now that edwards is leading us, but the guy cant stay healthy.. that really worries me.. he is made of glass.. and jp is going to walk for sure after this year.. so if/when edwards gets hurt, even if jp plays well, it is not going to help this team moving forward..

all i know is that i want the bills to win.. i hope it works out that way.. regardless of who is chucking the rock.

Ebenezer
08-24-2008, 01:01 PM
i don't care if baker, gibran or clump is the QB....win.

acehole
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM

Yes posted by the RANCOROUS DRUNK.

Mr. Pink
08-24-2008, 01:07 PM
I've asked this before with no answer, maybe this thread will get an answer!

Do you think that the Baltimore fan base clamors that Kyle Boller didn't get a fair shake...If the Ravens wouldn't have signed McNair maybe Boller would have developed. They should give him another chance!

Or do you think the Bears fan base clamors that Rex Grossman should get another chance?

I doubt either of those two...but yet there are several Bills fans clamoring the same preposterous notion that JP should be in there.

Does Kyle Orton have the same physical talent as Rex Grossman? No. But he's their starter. Physical talent doesn't equal success at this level. You need mental aptitude to succeed.

Novacane
08-24-2008, 01:08 PM

Amen.

trapezeus
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM

Do you think that the Baltimore fan base clamors that Kyle Boller didn't get a fair shake...If the Ravens wouldn't have signed McNair maybe Boller would have developed. They should give him another chance!

Or do you think the Bears fan base clamors that Rex Grossman should get another chance?

I doubt either of those two...but yet there are several Bills fans clamoring the same preposterous notion that JP should be in there.

Does Kyle Orton have the same physical talent as Rex Grossman? No. But he's their starter. Physical talent doesn't equal success at this level. You need mental aptitude to succeed.

if you read back in this thread there are some people who are JP fans who also say that grossman needs another chance. these are people who are afraid of change. they'd rather live with the known person instead of seeing if there is a better option.

acehole
08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
No because they are different situation...this is a red herring to attach those bad qb's to buttress your arguement.

REx play like TRENT LAST YEAR...

NFL.com

Lots of player move on to new teams and do just fine....

Coaches get other player to fit thier systems...

We did it with pat williams and T Washington...who went on toi other teams and do well...

Becuase they did not fit the system....

Move alongs people same ol same ol twisting facts...

Mr. Pink
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
:rofl:

Pat Williams did play well here as did Ted Washington. Nice try.

And Ted didn't play as well after we let him go because well basically he got old.

Nice job trying to compare guys who were good to a bust.

I've almost seen it all now. Almost.

Mr. Pink
08-24-2008, 01:51 PM
if you read back in this thread there are some people who are JP fans who also say that grossman needs another chance. these are people who are afraid of change. they'd rather live with the known person instead of seeing if there is a better option.

I noticed that now!

I still think we gave up on Mike Williams too soon.

He shoulda been given another chance.

Eventually he coulda got it right.

I feel the same about Tim Anderson and Erik Flowers too.

Bucky Brooks for President!

/sarcasm

Yasgur's Farm
08-24-2008, 02:52 PM
:rofl:

Pat Williams did play well here as did Ted Washington. Nice try.

And Ted didn't play as well after we let him go because well basically he got old.

Nice job trying to compare guys who were good to a bust.

I've almost seen it all now. Almost.Just to be clear... Are you questioning Pat Williams success the past few years?

Mad Bomber
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
JP is the Bills backup QB. I, for one, want to see him be the BEST that he can be. Given TE's penchant for injury, it behooves us to have a competent backup.

(penchant???behooves??? where did that come from?)

SquishDaFish
08-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I Root for the BILLS! Whomever is starting im rooting for. I hope every player gets better and we WIN games PERIOD!

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
:drama:

JPD!!

Sound the alarms!!

>_>

X-Era
08-24-2008, 05:29 PM

regardless go bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion:

Our future QB may be on this roster, we still dont know if it can be Edwards or not. We KNOW it is not Losman, he had enough chances, he didnt get it done. His play is too erratic to be counted on to win enough games.

QB play is our number one issue, its not overrated, its the most important positon on the field. Unless you have one of the best defenses ever, you need a QB who can score enough points to win. Abd they need to do it the majority of their games.

I fully agree, that Losman haters are ridiculous. Its plain stupid to hate any Buffalo Bill. We may need a backup QB at sometime in the future to come in and play and hopefully do enough to secure a win. The Pats have been extremely lucky with Brady, because Cassel sucks, thank go we dont have him. I will take Losman any day of the week over Cassel. Losman , as a backup, is a decent option. I dont want him every game, but when your starters out, he knows the players and has played with them for years. That will only help the situation.

The issue is over, and some on this board need to get over their hatred for Losman, it just makes them look obsessed.

TacklingDummy
08-24-2008, 05:31 PM
come about week 8 ill completely let loose on what i truly feel about the bills direction by then im sure my thoughts will be coming to fruition.

So you are basically rooting for Trent to fail so you can say I told you so?

X-Era
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I noticed that now!

/sarcasm

Wheres Kwame Cavil, I think he can be our #1 WR if Evans leaves after this year.

TacklingDummy
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
REx play like TRENT LAST YEAR...

NFL.com

Rex and JP's career stats are almost identical.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Rex and JP's career stats are almost identical.

Who cares, JP is our backup and thats not changing anytime soon.

Night Train
08-24-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm only anti French.

Those bastards, don't get me started..

X-Era
08-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm only anti French.

Those bastards, don't get me started..

No, screw the Chinese!

DrGraves
08-24-2008, 06:07 PM
NO!!!! this board is way to anything jp. he is the backup. lets not talk about him at all, good or bad.

trapezeus
08-24-2008, 06:27 PM
the real annoying thing is going to be next year when JP is playing for another team and more than half this board will have to tell the other 8 members that they were right and that JP was not made for the NFL backup or starter.

YardRat
08-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Is it possible to be 'too' anti-JP?

SquishDaFish
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
JP will be on a team next year sorry Trap. So that means he will either be starting or backing up somewhere.

TacklingDummy
08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
JP will be on a team next year sorry Trap. So that means he will either be starting or backing up somewhere.huh?

trapezeus
08-24-2008, 07:10 PM
beastmode, i'm giving you the fact jp will be on another team next year. he'll suck just as badly as he has done here. some decent games, and some bad games. the only thing is his new team won't feel the need to stick with him because he wasn't their first round picks.

djjimkelly
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
So you are basically rooting for Trent to fail so you can say I told you so?

no im actually rooting for something completely different.

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2008, 09:40 PM
the real annoying thing is going to be next year when JP is playing for another team and more than half this board will have to tell the other 8 members that they were right and that JP was not made for the NFL backup or starter.

Where have you been? That schism you speak of already happened last year.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 01:07 AM
JP is the Bills backup QB. I, for one, want to see him be the [b]BEST[b] that he can be. Given TE's penchant for injury, it behooves us to have a competent backup.

(penchant???behooves??? where did that come from?)

this is what gets me too. I want him to be the best he can be. It's hard for him to be the best he can be when he doesn't desire or try to do the work. Maybe that is an overstatement but both he and Turk Shonert came out in the media and admitted he was having trouble doing the work. Doesn't that clearly indicate he's a punk cancer? Show up and work. Give it your all. Don't like your situation? Find another job. But focus on what you are doing when your drawing your pay from your current employer. He should work hard to prepare. He's going to get a new contract next season anyway only a complete idiot would not be working to do as much as he can do.

acehole
08-25-2008, 09:19 AM
He did that and everything asked.....and he was still shown the door.

That is why he is less then thrilled.

He showed up last night just fine.

this is what gets me too. I want him to be the best he can be. It's hard for him to be the best he can be when he doesn't desire or try to do the work. Maybe that is an overstatement but both he and Turk Shonert came out in the media and admitted he was having trouble doing the work. Doesn't that clearly indicate he's a punk cancer? Show up and work. Give it your all. Don't like your situation? Find another job. But focus on what you are doing when your drawing your pay from your current employer. He should work hard to prepare. He's going to get a new contract next season anyway only a complete idiot would not be working to do as much as he can do.

PromoTheRobot
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
The sad fact is that this board is dominated by people who wish nothing but disaster for the Bills. Whether its stirring up a QB controversy or crying for Peters, they want the Bills to fail. It's that simple.

PTR

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I noticed that now!

/sarcasm
Dumb comparison.

MIke Williams was a RT. JP is a qb . A qb needs stability in a system more so than a RT from the get go.

YOu can blast JP all you want. You can't justify your haterd for JP even as a back up. He's proving he's the best back up for this team and only a hater like yourself will try to spew whatever crap you can find even though he's starting to prove that he can be a good qb with a good OC.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM
He was having problem at the begining. Yes it was an over statement from your part.

NO he's not a cancer .ONly people like you make him out to be one.

All you haters who said his short ball sucks , hows he doing under Turk?

Those of you who said he sucks at controling the clock, hows he doing under Turk?

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:36 AM
the JP cycle is very clear both with JP himself and here on the boards. He plays well and the JP fans come out of the woodwork singing praise and how he's going to be a great player. They are vocal like the worst liberal blowhard activists. Then he plays poorly or tanks and they become incredibly quiet until someone points out that JP played poorly or tanked and then they vehemently come to his defense with every possible excuse known.

JP Looked good last night for sure...but he still demonstrated the same things that indicate he's not going to get to the next level as an NFL QB. Go ahead and call me a hater. I can see all the bashing coming now just because I didn't look at the situation with blinders on. Here is one example. I saw JP running around and there were open receivers downfield...he did not see them. It's always been a big plus for the JP fans that he has legs...well he does not know how to use them. When he moves, the play is still downfield plain and simple. He tries but he's too damn slow to process the information to make the play. Just an example. Again, I thought he played well last night in a preseason game but that does not suddenly take away all the downsides we've seen again and again. This is just a recurring cycle and until that cycle is PROVEN to be corrected JP is not the right QB. If you want to be what have you done for me lately and just ignore all the times the team has been totally taken out of games by JP because it serves you then that is your perogitive.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
MIke Williams was a RT. JP is a qb . A qb needs stability in a system more so than a RT from the get go.

I completely disagree...the entire offensive line needs stability more than any single or group of guys on the field.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I completely disagree...the entire offensive line needs stability more than any single or group of guys on the field.

A qb position is waaayy more cerebral than a RT.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:41 AM
the JP cycle is very clear both with JP himself and here on the boards. He plays well and the JP fans come out of the woodwork singing praise and how he's going to be a great player. .

I only needed to read this and know the rest is crap.

No one here said he's going to be great. Typical hater who starts spewing crap that wasn't said just so he can bash JP.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:42 AM
He did that and everything asked.....and he was still shown the door.

he did what? Worked hard to prepare and was shown the door? Why was that? It was because no matter how hard he had worked he failed to perform despite being given many more opportunities than a lot of guys get. Now he's *****y and whiney because things aren't exactly how he'd like...but he's still under contract and drawing a paycheck. It's just like when he played...if all the stars are aligned right for JP things are going great for him...but any form of adversity and he tanks. I'd rather have someone that can pick the team up when they need it and that's the guy we need to find. Not someone that tanks and shoots us in the foot when the chips are down.

mybills
08-25-2008, 10:43 AM
All I want to do is see a winner driving the offense.
And that's exactly what we saw. :up:

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Now he's *****y and whiney .
more garbage.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM

No one here said he's going to be great. Typical hater who starts spewing crap that wasn't said just so he can bash JP.

well maybe that's the difference between the haters and the lickers then....the haters want the best for the team and the best is finding the next great qb here who will get the team to the next level...the lickers are willing to settle for mediocrity.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM

by the way..again you lickers start the name calling.

mybills
08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
You must've cringed when Favre said he doesn't like to practice and he has to force himself do it.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
more garbage.

every time he talks to the media he complains about not being the starter. He's like kindergarten kid who had their cookie taken away.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:51 AM
every time he talks to the media he complains about not being the starter. He's like kindergarten kid who had their cookie taken away.

more garbage.

If he said hi, you haters would interpret that as whining.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:52 AM
by the way..again you lickers start the name calling.

You said to go ahead and call you a hater. Duh

You whine more than JP.

Typ0
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
more garbage.

If he said hi, you haters would interpret that as whining.

It must taste really good to you....

Crisis
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I honestly don't get the obsession with JP and his 5 member fan club on this site. Honestly if we were Dolphin fans (i know, pretty awful) we're laughing at Losman the same way we're laughing at John Beck right now.

Losman has been given enough time to turn the corner and he just keeps going in circles. Edwards showed more promise in his rookie season than Losman has in his entire career.

Personally, I'm tired of mediocrity from every single quarterback since Jimbo retired, I don't know if Edwards is the guy to bring us back to that, but it sure as hell isn't JP.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I honestly don't get the obsession with JP and his 5 member fan club on this site. Honestly if we were Dolphin fans (i know, pretty awful) we're laughing at Losman the same way we're laughing at John Beck right now..
ONly finfans without brains since JP owns the fins.

Losman has been given enough time to turn the corner and he just keeps going in circles. Edwards showed more promise in his rookie season than Losman has in his entire career.

Personally, I'm tired of mediocrity from every single quarterback since Jimbo retired, I don't know if Edwards is the guy to bring us back to that, but it sure as hell isn't JP.
All you saw was a qb trying to develop in a situation to fail under those circumstances. Even Trent would've failed and ya'll would be saying the same thing about Trent.

While I am not saying JP's a franchise qb, I am only giving him a benefit of a doubt that maybe he can do well under better coaching which seems to be eveident under Turk (i can only imagine what he could do with better OC than Turk), a decent OL ,and more weapons.

acehole
08-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Wheres Kwame Cavil, I think he can be our #1 WR if Evans leaves after this year.

M Nance

acehole
08-26-2008, 09:25 AM
What is this fail everytime statements?

Inaccurate.

You people just want to ignore 2006?

Go back to pub.

he did what? Worked hard to prepare and was shown the door? Why was that? It was because no matter how hard he had worked he failed to perform despite being given many more opportunities than a lot of guys get. Now he's *****y and whiney because things aren't exactly how he'd like...but he's still under contract and drawing a paycheck. It's just like when he played...if all the stars are aligned right for JP things are going great for him...but any form of adversity and he tanks. I'd rather have someone that can pick the team up when they need it and that's the guy we need to find. Not someone that tanks and shoots us in the foot when the chips are down.