PDA

View Full Version : Who is more wrong? On Peters

X-Era
08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Shefter just said that we have had no contact with him, and that Peters intends to sit out the opener and beyond. Russo said he spoke with Russ and that the Bills have no intention of even talking with Peters until he shows up.

Peters is being selfish, but hes just one guy who is only thinking about himself.

However, the Bills, not Peters, are ultimately responsible to the team and to putting a winning product on the field. How can the Bills not be MORE wrong for not working to find a solution that will get Peters back on the field?

The Bills are fumbling this situation. Peters is a douche bag for all of this, no doubt, but hes just a player thinking about himself. The Bills have the responsibility for the team, and refusing to even call him is too far beyond playing tough guy to be acceptable.

There are many, many versions where the Bills dont cave. Simply calling his agent and agreeing to begin discussion on his contract is FAR from agreeing to pay him what he wants.

This thing is gonna stay ugly for a while and it could be a long while.

patmoran2006
08-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Carucci just said the same thing...

Peters has had NO dialogue with Buffalo, will likely sit out the season opener and the holdout threatens to go on a lot longer.

Goobylal
08-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Fine. Let him sit.

LABillsFan
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
You can only do so much. If the Bills calls kept getting unanswered what do you want them to do, totally succumbe to Peter's demands? Peters and his agent are trying to set a precedence. If they succeed, the rest of the players just may follow suite. The Bills have to stick to their guns.

Novacane
08-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Peters is totally to blame.

Michael82
08-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Peters is totally to blame.
I agree! :hi5:

X-Era
08-24-2008, 07:32 PM
im telling ya, trading him tells the players that if you try to hold us ransom, you wont be on this team, and WE will decide where you go next.

Get something out of this that helps us now.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 07:34 PM
I agree! :hi5:

So the Bills doing NOTHING to try and fix this after being a non-plyaoff team for over a decade, and having a pro-bowl LT is just fine with you?

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I blame the Bills and their cheap ass ways.

MikeInRoch
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm sorry, but that attitude is just goofy. If he doesn't even tell the Bills WHAT HE WANTS, how they possibly do anything?

Michael82
08-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sorry, but that attitude is just goofy. If he doesn't even tell the Bills WHAT HE WANTS, how they possibly do anything?
:bf1:

If I'm the Bills, I give him a call on Monday. Give him one last chance to show up. Tell him that if he shows up to practice with the team, we will give him a new contract. If he doesn't, then we might as well trade his ass. I'm fine with our current offensive line. They have done a good job holding their own.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 07:44 PM

Thats not goofy, a team that hasnt made the playoffs in a decade doesnt even call their best player and try to get him on the field?

Can you actually have enough audacity to think your pride is so important that you can afford (as a perpetually mediocre team) to not even talk with your best player?

Novacane
08-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Thats not goofy, a team that hasnt made the playoffs in a decade doesnt even call their best player and try to get him on the field?

Can you actually have enough audacity to think your pride is so important that you can afford (as a perpetually mediocre team) to not even talk with your best player?

I really wish people would stop calling Peters our best player]

MikeInRoch
It's not PRIDE. It's the precedent it sets.

gr8slayer
You want to know how the Rams got Jackson to show? They offered him a contract, until the Bills do that I hope Peters keeps holding out. It's only going to hurt us.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
:bf1:

If I'm the Bills, I give him a call on Monday. Give him one last chance to show up. Tell him that if he shows up to practice with the team, we will give him a new contract. If he doesn't, then we might as well trade his ass. I'm fine with our current offensive line. They have done a good job holding their own.

Im completely fine with that. Obviously I would prefer to have Peters on the field. But, if the Bills make that phone call and just that phone call Im happy. At least they saw the seriousness, at least they realized that they would show the team they are doing their best to make this team better. And if Peters still doesnt do anything, trade him. Your exactly right, the OL has looked really good.

You do realize that the Bills have NO intention to actually make that phone call at this point right?

MikeInRoch
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM

True enough.

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:09 PM
It's a matter of fact.

patmoran2006
08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Let's see who's "morales" change when Walker's injury is revealed.

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I'm hearing it could be a torn triceps; more leverage for Peters :bf1:

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Lnagston Walker went down and may have a broken bone, maybe even forearm.

But hey, leave that phone on the hook. Why not blow another season so that you can play tough guy.

Lets pray that Walker just had a finger jam, because the prideful, tough guy, Bills wont do jack squat to try to get into the playoffs.

Nighthawk
08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Right now, the Bills NEED to sign Peters and get him in town. Walker's injury is going to push this situation to a conclusion...if it doesn't, then this organization is flat out stupid.

patmoran2006
08-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Right now, the Bills NEED to sign Peters and get him in town. Walker's injury is going to push this situation to a conclusion...if it doesn't, then this organization is flat out stupid.
If they don't find a way to get Peters in here before Tuesday if Walker is out for a period of time, then **** this organization.

Because you're telling everybody you'd rather throw away the season then "cave in" to Peters.

There isn't a person with an ounce of logic or knowledge in this organization or on this board either that thinks this team can contend with Chambers and Bell starting at tackle this year. NOBODY is that foolish.

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
They NEEDED to sign Peters the second the season ended; sometimes being cheap is a good thing (Clements, Jonas) but times like this it's just stupid as hell and so typical.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:16 PM
If they don't find a way to get Peters in here before Tuesday if Walker is out for a period of time, then **** this organization.

Because you're telling everybody you'd rather throw away the season then "cave in" to Peters.

There isn't a person with an ounce of logic or knowledge in this organization or on this board either that thinks this team can contend with Chambers and Bell starting at tackle this year. NOBODY is that foolish.

The sick part is that people are actually not seeing the Bills holding our season (in part) ransom by making NO attempt to get Peters in here.

patmoran2006
08-24-2008, 08:19 PM
The sick part is that people are actually not seeing the Bills holding our season (in part) ransom by making NO attempt to get Peters in here.
No, it's just as much Peters fault, if not more.

But now, it doesnt matter anymore.. It's not black or white, its shades or gray.

It's about "business" but shouldn't the business be about winning?

They needed Peters to begin with.. And now if Walker is out for any time, forget about it.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:19 PM
This is easy.

This football teams front office is either willing to have a pro-bowl LT and pay him accordingly or they arent. Right now they arent.

That says a TON for a team that hasnt made the playoffs in a decade.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM

But now, it doesnt matter anymore.. It's not black or white, its shades or gray.

They needed Peters to begin with.. And now if Walker is out for any time, forget about it.

Ive been clear, Peters is a douche for what hes doing, but the Bills front office are douches as well.

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:22 PM

The Bills need to take some notes from the Rams. They offered Jackson a contract, he told them to give him some time to think it over, he went on to accept it a couple of weeks later. Instead of doing the right thing and offering our best player a contract worthy of a player of his caliber we're telling him that 2008 is not negotiable.

Nighthawk
08-24-2008, 08:23 PM
The simple fact is...Peters is the best OL on this team and may be the best LT in the game right now. He is well underpaid by LT standard...THE BILLS SHOULD PAY HIM!

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:28 PM
The simple fact is...Peters is the best OL on this team and may be the best LT in the game right now. He is well underpaid by LT standard...THE BILLS SHOULD PAY HIM!
It's sad that it might take Walker going down for them to realize that.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, and you guys gave me crap for saying that the blame falls on the Bills.

The Bills are obviously telling Peters that they are not renegotiating. Nice job front office. This is why we are perrenial losers in this league.

We have the best LT in the league and he's sitting at home.

Do you think Jerry Jones or Bob Kraft would have this holdout on their hands?

gr8slayer
08-24-2008, 08:33 PM

The Bills are obviously telling Peters that they are not renegotiating. Nice job front office. This is why we are perrenial losers in this league.

:rofl: "you guys"; I've been blaming the Bills since day one. Jerry Jones doesn't believe in holdouts, he pays guys before they have a chance to holdout or he gets rid of them if he doesn't think they are worth what they want.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
The Bills need to take some notes from the Rams. They offered Jackson a contract, he told them to give him some time to think it over, he went on to accept it a couple of weeks later. Instead of doing the right thing and offering our best player a contract worthy of a player of his caliber we're telling him that 2008 is not negotiable.

I think that point has been lost by some.

Russ never said they would renegotiate, he said they expect him to honor his existing contract. Those are his words.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 08:36 PM
:rofl: "you guys"; I've been blaming the Bills since day one. Jerry Jones doesn't believe in holdouts, he pays guys before they have a chance to holdout or he gets rid of them if he doesn't think they are worth what they want.

I obvioulsy wasn'y talking about you or Philgape.

Go back and look at my thread. You should see some of the responses I got.

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 08:36 PM

I pretty much agreed with you.

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:37 PM

Careful where you whip out "you guys". I blame Peters plenty, but im not letting the Bills of the hook.

Peters SHOULD pay attention to whats best for the team but its not his responsibility, it IS the Bills responsibility and they are blowing it.

Michael82
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM

Exactly! Good post! :bf1:

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM

Exactly what I've been saying this whole time!!

Michael82
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM
BTW, I have a feeling that the point is now moot with Langston Walker hurt. It sounds like he broke his forearm and will be out for a while. Jauron said it didn't look good.... :ill:

Russ Brandon "Hello, Jason! Hi, This is Russ Brandon. I'm just calling to talk to you. i know you missed all of training camp and all that. But we really need you to come back to the team. We'll give you a $5 million bonus just for showing up and will re-work your contract by the end of the season."

X-Era
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
BTW, I have a feeling that the point is now moot with Langston Walker hurt. It sounds like he broke his forearm and will be out for a while. Jauron said it didn't look good.... :ill:

Russ Brandon "Hello, Jason! Hi, This is Russ Brandon. I'm just calling to talk to you. i know you missed all of training camp and all that. But we really need you to come back to the team. We'll give you a $5 million bonus just for showing up and will re-work your contract by the end of the season."

YOu can forget any trade thoughts now, not that they ever were thinking that way anyway.

Just pick up the damn phone and work out something. For the good of the fans and the team. Its too critrical not too.