PDA

View Full Version : Roster Spot Things I Noticed

patmoran2006
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM
It may not be settled quite yet, but based on this game, here's what I saw.

* Omon looks like the 3rd RB. Even Hall played before Wright.

* If the team keeps 3 QB's, almost certain they will with Edwards and Losman both banged up, Hamden is in over Baker.

* Will James started at nickel, but he could be in trouble with COrner and Youboty both having big plays. It may come down to if the Bills keep 6 corners if James makes the roster.

* Steve Johnson is almost certainly headed to the PS this year.. Jenkins looks like the 5th Wr and Huggins is getting far more reps even if they keep 6 receivers.

THis has nothing to do with a roster spot, but did Derek Fine play tonight?

Dr. Pepper
08-24-2008, 09:56 PM
i hope you're correct about wright. oman should get the third spot.

FlyingDutchman
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Couldnt agree more about Wright. Ive said it from day 1 that Omon takes his spot.

Mitchell55
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
It may not be settled quite yet, but based on this game, here's what I saw.

* Omon looks like the 3rd RB. Even Hall played before Wright. I think Wright was being punished for the fumbles

* If the team keeps 3 QB's, almost certain they will with Edwards and Losman both banged up, Hamden is in over Baker. Obviously

* Will James started at nickel, but he could be in trouble with COrner and Youboty both having big plays. It may come down to if the Bills keep 6 corners if James makes the roster. What about Lovin?

* Steve Johnson is almost certainly headed to the PS this year.. Jenkins looks like the 5th Wr and Huggins is getting far more reps even if they keep 6 receivers. True, sad but true

THis has nothing to do with a roster spot, but did Derek Fine play tonight? Yeah. He played on all the 2 TE formations

yordad
08-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Mlynch, if McKelvin plays bad, it doesn't really effect his roster spot.

Pat, sounds about right. The Omon/Wright thing was highly noticeable. A bit surprising too. As MLynch put it, Wright might be getting punished right off the roster for the fumblitis. Shame too. He has looked pretty good on rare occasion. Omon did what he does though. He was versatile, and he scored a TD. Did anyone doubt he was getting the call on the one? Wasn't he like one of the most prolific scorers in college history?

Hamden and Baker would have been easier to evaluate if the Bills let them pass. I think that sucked. It's preseason. They went ultraconservative, as usual, when they got a lead. It worked, so in a regular season game, it wouldn't have been bad. But I was tryin' to see what these guys had. And, for another week, I didn't see enough to decide. I guess it comes down to a test. Literally, a written test. See who knows the play book better. But, chances are, it is Hamden, and baker is PS eligible. I'm not sure Hamden is.

If James is in the nickel at this point, he will make the team. He didn't do enough bad to lose the job, IMO. At least not enough to go from 3rd to last. Youbody did good though. Although, I don't know if his int was a good play, or just a horrible pass. And, Corner int was impressive. Hmm.... I think they keep 6. I have now decided that.

If we get healthy at WR, then we keep five. It seems it comes down to a 6th CB or 6Th WR. Who is better (and who had more potential coming in to the Bills, corner was a much higher pick) so far, Corner or Johnson? Kenkins will round out the Bills WR squad. Johnson and Higgins are PS eligible. But, they haven't let Johnson get many snaps, so he might be fighting for a PS spot at this point.

Fine played, but was a zero factor in the passing game, that I noticed.

Oaf
08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Fine was open on a few plays, most notably on the play that Huggins dropped the ball deep after the safety hit.

I agree with Yordad about Gilbran/Baker. Wasn't AS bad as last week, but with JP and Trent dinged up a bit, it's time to see if these guys can actually play. I wouldn't mind cutting both and picking a guy up actually.