PDA

View Full Version : I knew it...NFL Netwrok saying that the Bills need to negotiate with Peters.

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Now it's time for Ralph to prove he's serious about winning.

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Just curious ... who exactly said this?

Kerr
08-24-2008, 10:00 PM

Jamie Dukes.

gr8slayer
Dukes said it.

HHURRICANE

Jamie Dukes.

FlyingDutchman
08-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Its all about principal at this point. He is serious about winning, but he cant show that players can just walk over him and pull this type of crap.

clumping platelets
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Jamie Dukes, former NFL player, will of course side with the player holding out

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Its all about principal at this point. He is serious about winning, but he cant show that players can just walk over him and pull this type of crap.

Teams have given bonuses for showing up without ruining the team.

Peters is not talking to the Bills because they aren't willing to write him a check now.

Do we have alot of players on our team right now making half of what they are worth??

HHURRICANE
08-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Dude, you have a total hard on about this. Get over it. The guys is worth twice what we are paying him.

FlyingDutchman
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Teams have given bonuses for showing up without ruining the team.

Peters is not talking to the Bills because they aren't willing to write him a check now.

Do we have alot of players on our team right now making half of what they are worth??

Right, but then theres the whole arguement of who should blink first. Agreed hes underpaid, but he should still be there before any contract negotiations are even talked about. Im on the Bills side on this one. Get to camp and show youre healthy, and we'll pay you. Whats so hard about that? If the Bills reneg on paying him, then he can continue to be a jerk about it, and let him demand to be traded. Im sure the Bills would pay him if he would just get there and show hes serious.

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 10:22 PM

You do realize that Eugene Parker has done this same thing with guys like Richard Seymour, Devin Hester, and Hines Ward to name a few.

What do the Patriots, Bears, and Steelers all have in common here? They all caved in and either extended the contracts or gave bonuses.

The Bills would be fools to be stubborn about this.

camelcowboy
08-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Who the hell is dukes? Is he the guy from blood sport. More importantly why should I care what he thinks?

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Dude, you have a total hard on about this. Get over it. The guys is worth twice what we are paying him.

3x as much!

camelcowboy
08-24-2008, 10:28 PM
You do realize that Eugene Parker has done this same thing with guys like Richard Seymour, Devin Hester, and Hines Ward to name a few.

What do the Patriots, Bears, and Steelers all have in common here? They all caved in and either extended the contracts or gave bonuses.

The Bills would be fools to be stubborn about this.Good for them! How many of them were demanding a new contracts with three years left? I'm sorry, I agree with the bills Peters show up before they discuss a contract.

Lexwhat
08-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Good for them! How many of them were demanding a new contracts with three years left? I'm sorry, I agree with the bills Peters show up before they discuss a contract.

Good for them? Yea, I would say so. All were Super Bowl teams in the recent past, and are legitimate playoff teams now.

What's your point about having 3 years left? They were all grossly underpaid, just like Peters is now.

And FYI, Seymour and Hester had 2 years left.

camelcowboy
08-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Good for them? Yea, I would say so. All were Super Bowl teams in the recent past, and are legitimate playoff teams now.

What's your point about having 3 years left? They were all grossly underpaid, just like Peters is now.

And FYI, Seymour and Hester had 2 years left.
Two years on their ROOKIE deals. The bills gave peters a raise and he a solid year and made the probowl. Peters did well but I hardly agree he out played his current deal. Matter of fact i thought his run blocking at times left much to be desired. I would agree with your position of throwing him a bonus to get him on the field, I would like to see another year before they tear up his deal. What angers me is schobel had a similar situtation and the bills redid his deal it's not like the bills refused to negotiate. This situation was handled poorly by the peters camp.

Typ0
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
the Bills are doing the right thing. They have already negotiated for him to show up to practice. He didn't show up.

Oaf
08-24-2008, 11:31 PM
What's the word on Walker?

The Spaz
08-24-2008, 11:34 PM
What's the word on Walker?

bruised forearm.

tat2dmike77
08-24-2008, 11:50 PM

DA BEARS are a legitimate playoff team now? Really?

camelcowboy
08-25-2008, 12:34 AM
DA BEARS are a legitimate playoff team now? Really?
They have Adrian Peterson at running back!

Mahdi
08-25-2008, 12:37 AM

The Bills would be fools to be stubborn about this.
Hester came to camp. The Bears never caved.

jimbohastle51
08-25-2008, 12:48 AM
all i know is that it seems to me that this will end with the bills giving peters some kinda of extension or big bonus that makes him play this season at his original salary and if he makes the pro bowl it includes a bonus to make him a top 5 LT or something like that so the bills kinda save face by making him play the year out at his original contract number before his new contract kicks in, but if he plays like he does than he will get his ca$h, the front office knows we need him and after the scare tonight i am sure they are going to be more determined to find a way to get him back out there. bottom line is.. as i have said in all my posts related to this situation, NO ONE lets a pro bowl LT go. NO ONE. the bills are probably trying to find a way to save face while compansating him. i dont see the season starting without him there. if steven jackson can get his deal to come together in a couple days (remember that just a few days before he was back there were reports that he would not be there for the opener) i am sure that peters will be here opening day. i just hope that when he gets back he is in football shape and ready to go, and not in mighty taco shape ready to be rolled :)

Lexwhat
08-25-2008, 12:50 AM

I stand corrected and used the wrong words. This is what I was referring to:

After a standoff between Hester's agent, Eugene Parker, and the team ended Sunday morning, Bears coach Lovie Smith wore a huge smile.

It was a challenge that led Hester to hold out for two days before reporting Friday and watching from the sidelines for two days with what the Bears called a hamstring injury.

Angelo said it should be obvious now he wasn't just paying lip service to the notion that the Bears try to reward their own.

"Talk is cheap," Angelo said. "We put teeth into it. The good news is the players we have here want to be Bears. Certainly they want their money, we're all understanding of that, but they also make the commitment to me, to [coach] Lovie [Smith] and to our fans that they want to be Bears."

Lexwhat
08-25-2008, 12:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3507118

Jan Reimers
08-25-2008, 04:31 AM
How - and why - do you negotiate with a guy who will neither communicate nor come to camp?

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 07:58 AM
How - and why - do you negotiate with a guy who will neither communicate nor come to camp?

Jan, do you really think that the guy isn't answering his phone?

The Bills are playing hard ball here. I'm sure if the Bills called him and said we are giving you a 3 million bonus to show up to camp and we will get this worked out, he would show up.

The Bills are being their usual "cash to cap" selves about this.

They have publicly said they are not doing anything in 2008. Cash to Cap.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Jan, do you really think that the guy isn't answering his phone?

The Bills are playing hard ball here. I'm sure if the Bills called him and said we are giving you a 3 million bonus to show up to camp and we will get this worked out, he would show up.

The Bills are being their usual "cash to cap" selves about this.

They have publicly said they are not doing anything in 2008. Cash to Cap.

I really do believe that. The Bills haven't heard from Peters but once when he came in to have his surgery evaluated. I think the agent is telling him not to answer the phone until he says it's ok. Everyone is the Bills organization has said they have tried to get in contact with him and haven't had any success. I want to think they aren't lying.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I really do believe that. The Bills haven't heard from Peters but once when he came in to have his surgery evaluated. I think the agent is telling him not to answer the phone until he says it's ok. Everyone is the Bills organization has said they have tried to get in contact with him and haven't had any success. I want to think they aren't lying.

I don't know who to believe to be honest with you.

I believe that the Bills are "cash to cap poor" and Ralph Wilson likes living on the 20 million a year he nets. Anything above "cash to cap" has to come out of his pocket.

Maybe your right. Maybe Peters knows he won't be healthy until after week 1. He can't collect a big check if he's not healthy.

ddaryl
08-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Let the dumb ass ***** sit. Let him come in during week 10 for the next 3 years..

How intelligent would that be for Peters ? Is he really that dumb... to me it tells me there is player who really doesn't want to play the game anymore he just wants ot get paid so he can start slacking

Personally I'll enjoy the Bills without Peters wether we are winning or not... Peters made his bed, and now he has most of the fans against him as well.

I have less then 0 respect for the douche

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Do you know how many teams in the league would love to have our "problem".

We have the best LT in the league. I can think of 31 other teams that would figure out a way to sign him.

Serioulsy, why would you want to come and play for Buffalo?

Aaaron had 3 years left on his deal, ddaryl. What's the difference? Serioulsy.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 08:32 AM

We have the best LT in the league. I can think of 31 other teams that would figure out a way to sign him.

I don't think Schobel held out and left the team in the dark.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't think Schobel held out and left the team in the dark.

The Bills didn't tell him that that they "were not renegotiating".

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 08:36 AM
The Bills didn't tell him that that they "were not renegotiating".

They didn't have to Schobel showed up and "worked".

Michael82
08-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Same thing with Steven Jackson. He finally showed up and then they gave him his money.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Because the people who keep asking the Bills to do that are fools. If you do that in the real world, your boss would either fire you or tell you to go **** yourself.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 08:41 AM
"Talk is cheap," Angelo said. "Certainly they want their money, we're all understanding of that, but they also make the commitment to me, to [coach] Lovie [Smith] and to our fans that they want to be Bears."
That's all the Bills are asking from Peters and so far he hasn't shown any of that. So he can go **** himself! :up:

Michael82
08-25-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm with you man! :bf1:

Akhippo
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Multiple sources on the team said they have tried to contact him like Jauron; no answer.
Not a peep from player or agent.
Point Bills

Peters has three years left on his deal.
Reports say the FO realizes that he is underpaid.
Point Bills

Other holdouts at least had dialogue with their teams.
Players were rewarded.
Peters has shown no loyalty or committment to the team by his actions.
Point Bills

It doesnt matter is he is All Pro by his play like Walter Jones or by the media like Reuben Brown. The Bills may not be better without him, but I think they are taking the right stand.

We dont need to toss a cookie to every cying baby to make them behave. Let them cry it out.

Lexwhat
08-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Same thing with Steven Jackson. He finally showed up and then they gave him his money.

Again with the crap!

I'm amazed by how much you twist things around. The ONLY reason Jackson came back is because the Rams said: A contract will be completed within a few days!!!!!!

The RAMS were the ones to blink first, not the other way around.

Look, I respect your opinion, but there is no logical argument you have using Steven Jackson.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Just to note (not that matters) Jamie Dukes is kind of a tool and a bad NFL guy imo. He was on Atlanta Radio for years prior to his NFL gig. I didn't like him at all.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 12:49 PM
I knew it...
we all knew it.

ddaryl
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Schobel has never held out, or completely stopped communicating. He showed up and voiced his discontent and got his deal. If Peter Parker wants to play the silent game they are not going to get anything, and Peters will probably make only 750K playing the last 6 games of the season after fines.

Was it really worth it for Peters to hold out... Is he this much of a complete dumbass.

I'm getting to the point now that I could care less about Peters. The Bills will be drafting a tackle next year in the 1st round because they know now that they cannot trust Peters. He'll sit 10 games a year and the Bills will groom a new T. When we have a new LT that can fill in the Bills will trade Peters. It sucks but that is the way this is going to end.

Lets face it, you'd sell your soul and your grandma to win it all. I won't. I'm sick and ****ing tired of the selfish greed in this world, and I respect no one in sports who holds out with absolutly no good reason. Peters holds out and his lack of communication just re-enforces my distastes. If he had one year left on a deal then I could understand a hold out and I would fault the Bills FO... but not under this situation.

FlyingDutchman
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
What exactly did NFL network say that caused this epiphany?

Saratoga Slim
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Just checking -

Is this thread really arguing that because someone on NFL Network said we need to renegotiate with Peters, then that means we better renegotiate with Peters?

Really? We're supposed to do what the media says?

In any event, I've seen far more media sources calling Peters/Parker to task than the Bills.

acehole
08-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Now it's time for Ralph to prove he's serious about winning.

I agree...however the Bills gave him a hurdle...show up and we will talk.

If they dont stick by that they will have cost themselves a ton of money in future situations and invite more hold outs.

He need to show up.........

They need to pay him........

gr8slayer
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Would you tools quit saying that all he has to do is show up. Quit being in denial, the team has made it clear that they are not willing to talk new money this year.

"The Bills also appear firm in their position that given his holdout, they will not give Peters any new money in 2008."

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Would you tools quit saying that all he has to do is show up. Quit being in denial, the team has made it clear that they are not willing to talk new money this year.
Is that Morans source ? My source is directly from the GM himself.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Just to note (not that matters) Jamie Dukes is kind of a tool and a bad NFL guy imo. He was on Atlanta Radio for years prior to his NFL gig. I didn't like him at all.

I live in Atlanta as well and have always thought Jamie Dukes to be pretty fair. He said on NFL Network that he didn't like the way the Peters thing was going but that it might be time to reach out and get something done.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 02:12 PM
I think this board is just so used to losing that they'll except anything OBD spews out.

He's not returning the Bills calls because they are not renegotiating his contract and will not address any 2008 compensation. They told the media this. Period.

The guy is not an idiot and I'm sure Eugene Parker, who has negotiated many succesful contracts, isn't advising his client to sit out for the heck of it.

gr8slayer
08-25-2008, 02:14 PM
I think this board is just so used to losing that they'll except anything OBD spews out.

He's not returning the Bills calls because they are not renegotiating his contract and will not address any 2008 compensation. They told the media this. Period.

The guy is not an idiot and I'm sure Eugene Parker, who has negotiated many succesful contracts, isn't advising his client to sit out for the heck of it.
Yup, you just learn to accept it when it's all you know.

VeggieMan14
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
i refuse to take anything the nfl network says seriously anymore

acehole
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM
OK then trade his rights for 2 # 1's and let us move on..

I still think there is more to this.....

Either he is injured or on that steriods list due to come out....

Confused
08-25-2008, 08:19 PM

He's under contract. **** him. we got his ass and He can sit until it sinks into his thick head. He's signed a contract, Its his duty to fulfil that obligation. I am with ralph on this. As much as it would help us to have Pecker back, we have to do this.

Ralph isnt Al Davis or Jerry Jones. He's better than them. Screw the players. they all make WAYYYYYYY more than they deserve imho.

Romes
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM

Your quote says that the Bills "appear firm" which is hardly concrete evidence. The fact is that we don't know if the Bills would or wouldn't restructure a deal if he showed up.

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you...

Romes
08-25-2008, 08:52 PM
The Bills FO said at the beginning of camp that they weren't going to talk about the Peters situation anymore. No one has heard from Peters or Parker. Why do you all assume that Dukes or Gaughan knows more than you or I if no one is talking?

The only relatively new news is that the Bills might be looking into reclaiming Peters bonus. This hard line stance would indicate they are upset and would lead one to assume that they have zero interest in re-negotiating with Peters.

The fact is though, that unless you are involved in the internal discussions at One Bills Drive you have no idea what the Bills will or will not do once Peters shows up.

That said, I would be very, very suprised if Peters shows and he gets a new deal this year. The way the Bills are treating this situation would indicate otherwise.