I knew it...NFL Netwrok saying that the Bills need to negotiate with Peters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I knew it...NFL Netwrok saying that the Bills need to negotiate with Peters.

Now it's time for Ralph to prove he's serious about winning.
  • Lexwhat
    • Feb 2005

Re: I knew it...NFL Netwrok saying that the Bills need to negotiate with Peters.

Just curious ... who exactly said this?

Comment

• Kerr
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Re: I knew it...NFL Netwrok saying that the Bills need to negotiate with Peters.

Originally posted by Lexwhat
      Jamie Dukes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Dukes said it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Jamie Dukes.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Its all about principal at this point. He is serious about winning, but he cant show that players can just walk over him and pull this type of crap.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Jamie Dukes, former NFL player, will of course side with the player holding out

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                Its all about principal at this point. He is serious about winning, but he cant show that players can just walk over him and pull this type of crap.
                Teams have given bonuses for showing up without ruining the team.

Peters is not talking to the Bills because they aren't willing to write him a check now.

Do we have alot of players on our team right now making half of what they are worth??

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Dude, you have a total hard on about this. Get over it. The guys is worth twice what we are paying him.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    Teams have given bonuses for showing up without ruining the team.

Peters is not talking to the Bills because they aren't willing to write him a check now.

Do we have alot of players on our team right now making half of what they are worth??
                    Right, but then theres the whole arguement of who should blink first. Agreed hes underpaid, but he should still be there before any contract negotiations are even talked about. Im on the Bills side on this one. Get to camp and show youre healthy, and we'll pay you. Whats so hard about that? If the Bills reneg on paying him, then he can continue to be a jerk about it, and let him demand to be traded. Im sure the Bills would pay him if he would just get there and show hes serious.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets

You do realize that Eugene Parker has done this same thing with guys like Richard Seymour, Devin Hester, and Hines Ward to name a few.

What do the Patriots, Bears, and Steelers all have in common here? They all caved in and either extended the contracts or gave bonuses.

The Bills would be fools to be stubborn about this.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                        • Mar 2005

Who the hell is dukes? Is he the guy from blood sport. More importantly why should I care what he thinks?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          Dude, you have a total hard on about this. Get over it. The guys is worth twice what we are paying him.
                          3x as much!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

You do realize that Eugene Parker has done this same thing with guys like Richard Seymour, Devin Hester, and Hines Ward to name a few.

What do the Patriots, Bears, and Steelers all have in common here? They all caved in and either extended the contracts or gave bonuses.

The Bills would be fools to be stubborn about this.
                            Good for them! How many of them were demanding a new contracts with three years left? I'm sorry, I agree with the bills Peters show up before they discuss a contract.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              Good for them! How many of them were demanding a new contracts with three years left? I'm sorry, I agree with the bills Peters show up before they discuss a contract.

Good for them? Yea, I would say so. All were Super Bowl teams in the recent past, and are legitimate playoff teams now.

What's your point about having 3 years left? They were all grossly underpaid, just like Peters is now.

And FYI, Seymour and Hester had 2 years left.

Comment

Working...
                              X