• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

sources: NO New Deal For Peters In 2008

Working on a story that will be on Scout.com tomorrow and trying to get some interviews today, but I can jump the gun a little bit in favorite Bills forum and tell you multiple sources say that Jason Peters will NOT get a new deal in 2008, whether he reports or not.

Buffalo News Bills beat reporter Mark Gaughn also writes this morning “The Bills have had no recent contact with Peters' representatives, and the team remains firm in its stance that Peters will not get a new deal this season.”

Several reports say Peters has had no contact with the Bills since learning he won’t get a new deal this year, and is planning on sitting out the Bills opener against Seattle and might not report at all until week 10.

A lot of people in here seem to think if Peters will report, the Bills will be open to discussions on tearing up his current deal and working on a new one. But the Bills stance is strong that Peters has three years on his current deal and the team has no interest in giving him a new deal this year.

In a nutshell, I don’t see this getting resolved anytime soon. Peters is underpaid and he and everyone knows it, while the Bills feel no rush to do a new deal since he has still has three years left on his deal. In a semi-related note, Aaron Schobel still had three years left on his contract when the Bills extended him last Summer.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: sources: NO New Deal For Peters In 2008

I thought this has been the thought process for a while?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

I agree he is underpaid, but this stance COULD (And I stress COULD) be a ploy to stand strong.

In general I think he deserves a new deal, but not until he reports. The problem is he will not strengthen his issue by not reporting until week 10. It will not make his market demand stronger and will actually weaken it.

Both sides are getting this situation FUBAR very quickly.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Well, it’s contrary to what many people in here seem to think, which is the Bills would be open to negotiating a new deal with Peters AFTER he reports.

The stance is he’s not getting a new deal this year, whether he reports or not.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

they didn't seem to need him on the field last night.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

What I want to know is, did the Bills always feel this way or have they changed their stance based on Peters/Parker's attitude?
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

We need him for sure but I am with the Bills for not renegotiating this year. Enough is enough with these ******* players.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
                What I want to know is, did the Bills always feel this way or have they changed their stance based on Peters/Parker's attitude?
                It probably changed when the team hadn't heard from Peter's pretty much the whole off-season.

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

absolutly no contact, nor any desire to even show up after already recieving an extension sends a real ****ty signal to the team.

you just can not reward that kind of attitude... if he would have shown up, worked hard and allow the process to take place he probably would have gotten something

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mybills
                    they didn't seem to need him on the field last night.
                    Are you serious? Why is the preseason “meaningless” ONLY when we look bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      absolutly no contact, nor any desire to even show up after already recieving an extension sends a real ****ty signal to the team.

you just can not reward that kind of attitude... if he would have shown up, worked hard and allow the process to take place he probably would have gotten something
                      Not saying I disagree with your opinion. I’m just stating the Bills have zero intentions on giving him any extensions or raises this year.

I think its about time Parker or Peters made a public statement to state their side of the story.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        We need him for sure but I am with the Bills for not renegotiating this year. Enough is enough with these ******* players.
                        You need to accept reality.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          Well, it’s contrary to what many people in here seem to think, which is the Bills would be open to negotiating a new deal with Peters AFTER he reports.

The stance is he’s not getting a new deal this year, whether he reports or not.
                          Sorry, but that's not what everyone else is reporting. Sure Russ Brandon is saying it and trying to use it as a tactic to get Peters to get his ass back. But the truth is that if Peters were to call them up and at least start the lines of communication, odds are that something would get done. I don't give a **** what ANY of your sources say. If Jason Peters really wanted to get paid and acted like a professional instead of a selfish *****, he would have gotten the new contract, just like Aaron Schobel did. But he still hasn't contacted the team and is not in camp. So why would they want to call him first? He can go **** himself for all I care. If Langston Walker is healthy and his arm is just a bruise, I'm fine with the Bills stance. They WILL NOT be held hostage by a greedy ass agent and they should not cave in. Or it sets a very bad precedence.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

I'm sure Parker's attitude has not helped. Eugene Parker is worse than Rosenhaus and he is a greedy piece of ****. I hope eventually Peters will realize this and show up to One Bills Drive.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              I agree he is underpaid, but this stance COULD (And I stress COULD) be a ploy to stand strong.

In general I think he deserves a new deal, but not until he reports. The problem is he will not strengthen his issue by not reporting until week 10. It will not make his market demand stronger and will actually weaken it.

Both sides are getting this situation FUBAR very quickly.
                              Good post!

Comment

Working...
                              X