PDA

View Full Version : Thanks NFL Network!

BlackMetalNinja
08-25-2008, 07:34 AM
For putting together what quite probably is the worst broadcast team in the history of the NFL... Sterling Sharpe, Marshall Faulk, and Deion Sanders??? Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

When Sterling Sharpe sounds like the intelligent guy that actually knows what he's talking about, that's probably not a good thing.

Anybody else dumbfounded by this trio last night? PaulB and I literally laughed out loud on multiple occasions at some of the dumb things stated.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2008, 07:37 AM
Eh they didn't bother me at all.

I thought it was funny when Barnes blasted the guy on the kickoff and they all screamed.

Meathead
08-25-2008, 07:39 AM
man you guys mellow it wasnt all that bad

i mean ok it was a little redundant and lagged at times but it had its moments. some funny lines and some decent analysis

frankly i thought it was a little too white. i wouldnt want it to get all ghetto but id also like a little more jive from a group of black guys. it felt a little straightlace forced

id give it a c-

Mitchy moo
08-25-2008, 07:42 AM
For putting together what quite probably is the worst broadcast team in the history of the NFL... Sterling Sharpe, Marshall Faulk, and Deion Sanders??? Who on Earth thought that was a good idea?

When Sterling Sharpe sounds like the intelligent guy that actually knows what he's talking about, that's probably not a good thing.

Anybody else dumbfounded by this trio last night? PaulB and I literally laughed out loud on multiple occasions at some of the dumb things stated.

It was a mix of marble mouth and ignorance allnight, my sound volume was at 4. Crowd didn't really make any noise either.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Faulk said he predicted 2 wins last year and we got 7. He actually predicted 3 so he doesn't remember his own smack.

With that said Faulk reddemed himself and said this was a good team. Everyone in the booth was impressed with Schonert's new offense.

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
it was terrible.

They botched names all the time. On one play, there was a penalty and they didn't even notice for almost 30 seconds.

The funniest part was the lack of consistency- they called Wendling's name three times and pronounced it differently each time.

I did hear some decent analysis in there, but the overall performance was very amateur.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Good post! I was laughing at how bad those guys were. They were mispronouncing players names all throughout the game and just made many stupid comments. I thought Gumbel was bad, but this crew came pretty damn close to last year's for the worst announcing crew in the NFL.

Bills Juggernaut
08-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I thought it was horrible. I am so thankfull that the Bills don't have a game with them this year. I would rather listen to my 2 week old scream for 3 hours then sit through that agian.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 07:45 AM
It was a mix of marble mouth and ignorance allnight, my sound volume was at 4. Crowd didn't really make any noise either.
I can't stand any of them. What a horrible combination....

Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and Sterling Sharpe. :ill:

WORST ANNOUNCING CREW EVER!

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Faulk said he predicted 2 wins last year and we got 7. He actually predicted 3 so he doesn't remember his own smack.

With that said Faulk reddemed himself and said this was a good team. Everyone in the booth was impressed with Schonert's new offense.

one thing I will give them- it was well balanced. At the beginning, they were talking up the Colts, which makes sense since it was their home game in a new stadium and they've been so much better than us recently. But once the Bills started winning the game, they were quick to compliment the team and what they were doing on the field.

Usually in games like this, the announcers won't STFU about Manning and the Colts, and when it finally becomes obvious that they're getting beat, they find some way to work in Tom ****ing Brady rather than talk about us.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I thought it was horrible. I am so thankfull that the Bills don't have a game with them this year. I would rather listen to my 2 week old scream for 3 hours then sit through that agian.
:rofl: I totally agree with you there.

Bruce is Loose
08-25-2008, 07:48 AM
I think that none of these three thinks before they speaks - it was VERY evident today and I listened to most of it on mute.

Stewie
08-25-2008, 07:50 AM
it was amateurish, at best

BlackMetalNinja
08-25-2008, 07:50 AM
one thing I will give them- it was well balanced. At the beginning, they were talking up the Colts, which makes sense since it was their home game in a new stadium and they've been so much better than us recently. But once the Bills started winning the game, they were quick to compliment the team and what they were doing on the field.

Usually in games like this, the announcers won't STFU about Manning and the Colts, and when it finally becomes obvious that they're getting beat, they find some way to work in Tom ****ing Brady rather than talk about us.

I will agree with that... they weren't really biased one way or the other, which was nice.

mybills
08-25-2008, 08:00 AM
other than the names being mispronouced, I wanted to sew Deion's mouth shut. He said Sorgie(sp) way too many times. At one point I yelled at the tv - "Go get a room with him for crying out loud!"

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2008, 08:05 AM
man you guys mellow it wasnt all that bad

i mean ok it was a little redundant and lagged at times but it had its moments. some funny lines and some decent analysis

frankly i thought it was a little too white. i wouldnt want it to get all ghetto but id also like a little more jive from a group of black guys. it felt a little straightlace forced

id give it a c-
Yep.

Faulk was by far the weak link and isn't very knowledgable. Deon actually knows his crap.

Bruce is Loose
08-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Faulk is definatly the weak link

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2008, 08:11 AM
The best line was Faulk talking about the Bills hitting on all 7 cylinders.

I nearly wet myself.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 08:13 AM

I nearly wet myself.

I was thinking "wtf"....lol

blackonyx89
08-25-2008, 08:14 AM
They are bad, bad, bad! Hearing them talk and making fun of the players on the field is amateurish. Do you stinking job and call the game straight and no bias! Sheesh! What idiot gave them the job to be analysts? They should be fired. Just because you played NFL football does not make you a quality play by play guys!!!

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 08:15 AM
I did love the reactions they gave when Barnes was a runaway Mack track and plowed into people though.:up:

mybills

I nearly wet myself.
:chuckle: yeah, my son and I thought he meant it to smack JP and his #

THATHURMANATOR
Barry Sanders wasn't an announcer last night. WTF man...

The King
08-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Marshall Faulk maybe?

hydro
08-25-2008, 08:21 AM
:rofl: Barry Sanders...

BlackMetalNinja
08-25-2008, 08:21 AM
A. Barry Sanders had nothing to do with this...
B. I just started a thread about the NFL Network crew like a half hour ago...

merging...

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2008, 08:22 AM
That was Marshmouth Faulk, not Barry Sanders.

The idiot kept calling JP "Lowsman". Yeah all three of those guys were awful. Sharpe is a decent color analyst but not a play-by-play guy at all.

At one point Faulk was harping on the Bills about letting go Fletcher, Spikes, and Clements and "never filled the voids". Uh.....what about Poz, McKelvin, Mitchell, Youboty, and James? WTF is he even talking about?

Deion did talk a huge game on McLovin though.

Kenny
08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
it was sterling sharpe, deion, and faulk.

blackonyx89
08-25-2008, 09:01 AM
I was thinking "wtf"....lol

J.P. Losman does wear the #7. LOL!

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 09:05 AM

The idiot kept calling JP "Lowsman". Yeah all three of those guys were awful. Sharpe is a decent color analyst but not a play-by-play guy at all.

At one point Faulk was harping on the Bills about letting go Fletcher, Spikes, and Clements and "never filled the voids". Uh.....what about Poz, McKelvin, Mitchell, Youboty, and James? WTF is he even talking about?

He is talking about losing proven players and replacing them with only one proven guy and a bunch of chances. Odds are 1 or 2 may work out, but he had a very valid point there.

billsburgh
08-25-2008, 09:12 AM

What a huge mistake it was getting rid of Spikes.

Pinkerton Security
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM

I nearly wet myself.

Ya, that and Sharpe continuously calling every pass we completed "Beautiful". He probably said "beautiful" 10 times in a span of around 20 minutes, or at least it seemed like it. He needs to get himself a thesaurus.

mikemac2001
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I was sitting there thinking wow this is the worst group ever....i like some of the NFL network things but there crew sucked

Michael82
08-25-2008, 09:26 AM
What a huge mistake it was getting rid of Spikes.
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
08-25-2008, 10:00 AM
"Snapped to Sam Baker. Matt drops back to pass...."

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
it sounded like a bunch of ex football players talking about a football game (which it was) but weren't allowed to cuss

Night Train
08-25-2008, 10:14 AM
LOL - yeah, that went right to radio the second I heard those losers.

trapezeus
08-25-2008, 10:30 AM
3 former players together is 2 too many. faulk was the odd man out. i don't know why he hates the bills so much. Mispronouncing losman's name and his hatred last year of the team. i don't get it. it's not like he played for the dolphins or something.

Crisis
08-25-2008, 10:34 AM
i didn't mind them too much.

i liked sterling sharpe, deion was surprisingly tolerable, faulk was awful though.

LtFinFan66
08-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I didn't watch enough to actually listen to those guys

Thurmal
08-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Marshall has a tough time conjugating verbs.

Pinkerton Security
08-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Marshall has a tough time conjugating verbs.

apparently its an RB thing, cuz Emmitt's english is worse than anyones.

BillyT92679
08-25-2008, 06:11 PM
3 former players together is 2 too many. faulk was the odd man out. i don't know why he hates the bills so much. Mispronouncing losman's name and his hatred last year of the team. i don't get it. it's not like he played for the dolphins or something.
Maybe he is upset from the days that the Bills constantly beat him and the Colts?

tampabay25690
08-25-2008, 07:02 PM

I AGREE it was TERRIBLE...WORST I have ever heard