PDA

View Full Version : Barnes

jamesiscool
08-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Has solidified his spot on the team with his special teams play. At two seprestr times I watched him run down the field on the kickoff coverage unit with a major head of steam and rock his man he was covering. They both were collisions that you heard and could do nothing but say ".... Oh god...".

That's the attitude that you want in a football player especially a full back who's main responsibility is to run in a straight line and blast who ever is in his way.

I love his attitude tenacity and intesity. A true old school smash mouth full back, exactly what we need.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree he may not be the most athletic but the guys brings his lunch pail to work. I feel sorry for the other people on special teams and for the LB, or DB in the running lane...lol.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 09:10 AM
It reminded me of when we used to have Shelton on the special teams. He was always laying people out as a lead blocker. I love it! :up:

RedEyE
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
He delivers a mean lick. His only downfall might be that he is a fullback in it's purest definition - a hole opening titan. I don't see him open on too many check down routes. He also has a very hollow lumbering stride, a very akward and uncomfortable motion that usually means he could be fumble prone.

RockStar36
08-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I like where his head is at. I look forward to seeing what he can do this season.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 09:18 AM
He delivers a mean lick. His only downfall might be that he is a fullback in it's purest definition - a hole opening titan. I don't see him open on too many check down routes.

Good. I was sick of seeing Sam Gash split out wide....lol

Jan Reimers
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Barnes is a smashmouth fullback. I really like him.

bigbub2352
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Barnes is a load, i am glad he signed him now, i didnt know much about him but damn what a battering ram

Michael82
08-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Barnes is a smashmouth fullback. I really like him.
Me too. It's what this team has been missing. We don't need him to catch passes or run the ball. We brought him to smash heads and make holes for Marshawn Lynch. Nothing else, IMO.

jamesiscool
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I remembered when we signed him and didn't draft schmitt there was quite the public outcry from the posters on this board.

But schmitt had all of his biggest hits on the college level, seeing what barnes has done thus far on our team has exceeded my original expectations based upon what some of my fellow posters were saying about him.

In the COO Brandon I trust yo!

Tatonka
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
anyone know how schmitt is doing this preseason?

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:00 AM
that hit was soooo sick that unfortunately it opened up a hole for the returner to gain more yards :snicker:

cocamide
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
if anyone can get a video of his two hits on kickoff coverage, i would greatly appreciate it. those were both sick.

Oaf
08-25-2008, 11:01 AM
I think he falls down after his intial run block a little too much. Maybe it's all OLine, but I saw no push yesterday.