PDA

View Full Version : Omon or Wright?

RedEyE
08-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Chances are one of them is going to be cut. I think that both will make it through the cuts by COB tomorrow, but on or before the final 53 man roster is finalized, one of them goes. Thus far, I think that they are one in the same for the most part.

Personally, I'd like to see Wright stay as he has more experience with the offense and dishes a mean pounding when he reaches the opposing defense's 2nd tier. Omon's rawness as a rookie leaves him with the ability to get better and could easily find his way to the practice squad.

bigbub2352
08-25-2008, 09:23 AM
Wright runs way to upright and stiff he is subject to losing the ball cause of his slow running thru the whole
Omon shows better natural running instincts and has a nose for the endzone
Wright will get cut

TigerJ
08-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Not to mention that even as a rookie from a small college, Omon is already a better blocker than Wright.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I called it before Training Camp....

Wright will be the odd man out. I also still think that Youboty gets cut.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Omon makes it I think. As was stated Wright runs too upright. Omon seems more fluid while running and having just as much power IMO as Wright.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Wright was running through some guys last night. I don't care either way. I do think they are leaning towards Oman though. Hell they were playing ball over Wright.

Voltron
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I really wanted to see Wright do well but he is just too slow for this league and as stated in an earlier post he runs way to upright. One plus I noticed is that if he doesn't get stuffed and can make it thru the hole it takes more than one hit to bring him down and he does work hard for yardage after the first hit.

I think he will be the odd man out thou.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Like I said when he got drafted, he was a bad pick and he gets the cut.

Wright was a wasted pick in Round 4.

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 09:56 AM
at this point Omon is better.

Night Train
08-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Omon does look better and Wright has put it on the ground too often in practice & in games. Coaches don't take that lightly.

Omon gets the nod but let's keep it in perspective. We're talking about a 4th & 7th round pick fighting for 3rd string.

With Lynch & Jackson ahead of him, snaps may be few & far between this year.

trapezeus
08-25-2008, 10:03 AM
omon looked better with the starters. faster through the hole. Wright did ok against 2nd and 3rd stringers. he still was clipped in the backfield a couple times against the scrubs. unless wright is a ST warrior, i see him getting cut.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Omon has some natural skills that Wright just doesn't have.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
two diffirent type of rb's. Omon is shiftier ,quicker , more athletic while Wright is a more straight up smashmouth punishing rb made for short yards.

What we haven't seen much is Turk getting the rbs in the passing game in preseason.Could it be they are waiting to unvalil that in regular season games or Turk doesn't have it in his playbook.

Maybe that will come into play when deciding.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 10:24 AM
two diffirent type of rb's. Omon is shiftier ,quicker , more athletic while Wright is a more straight up smashmouth punishing rb made for short yards.

What we haven't seen much is Turk getting the rbs in the passing game in preseason.Could it be they are waiting to unvalil that in regular season games or Turk doesn't have it in his playbook.

Omon and Wright are both between the tackles runners. Omon is the shiftier of the two but they both run with similar smash mouth styles at times. Omon just has a wider variety of skills.

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 10:46 AM

I don't know about the previous games, but in this past game, Losman still wasn't accurate on the short passes. He threw one to Lynch that was too high and nearly got him killed. That may have factored into their decisions.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't know about the previous games, but in this past game, Losman still wasn't accurate on the short passes. He threw one to Lynch that was too high and nearly got him killed. That may have factored into their decisions.
that was a bad throw but all in all he was above average.

Oaf
08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Wright. Omon still looks very tentative on reading his blocks.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM

I noticed a couple screen plays over the middle to our RB's, we seemed to do that alot in the 2nd half. I honestly think the reason why we haven't seen more of it out of the starters is because Losman is awful on screens and short passing routes.

Btw, I thought Omon and Wright both looked good, I give the edge to Omon though.

Al the Bills Fan
08-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Omon

The Jokeman
08-25-2008, 11:44 AM

If the reports that the Browns really like him then I say trade him to Cleveland.

Though back to the thread, Omon should be kept and Wright cut.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2008, 11:51 AM

I've been Youboty's biggest critic since he was drafted but I have a hard time finding fault with him this preseason, he's looked like a capable nickel/dime package DB.

raphael120
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Wright just had a bad oline in front of him, everytime he got the ball, the DT's were int he backfield as soon as he touched the ball.

mysticsoto
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I still think teams have a harder time bringing Wright down than Omon - and I think Wright's vision is better. He's turned off alot of people with his fumbling though and appears to be in Jauron's doghouse.

Allow me to throw another alternative here...I like what I've seen of Bruce Hall. Don't count him out...

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Omon-53 man roster
Hall-PS
Wright-Wal-Mart Greeter