PDA

View Full Version : Jon Corto

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
I kind of like this guy to stick with the team as a sleeper. He seems to have good quickness and reads the plays with a knack for getting into the backfield.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 12:45 PM
yeah. This guy can flat out fly to the ball. Problem is we have too many of those that over pursue which is why we are having a harrd time against qb draws.

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Truedat! Overpursuit has always been a problem with this team.:ill:

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Why is it that fans of this team always want to keep mediocre garbage training camp fodder type players around?

Are we all getting used to years of mediocrity?

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 12:55 PM
Why is it that fans of this team always want to keep mediocre garbage training camp fodder type players around?

Sorry we can't have pro-bowlers as 3rd string....

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 12:57 PM

we were just making observations. :rolleyes:

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM

Give the guy a break, he's a rookie. besides everytime I see him play he is making plays in the backfield for negative yardage. I like his quickness and instincts. Why would you consider anyone on the team garbage and fodder?? Most of them are here because they are pretty damn good athletes and have a chance to make this team that much better with quality depth. You talk like this team is loaded with stars.

Oaf
08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Him and Buggs (53) looked good yesterday. Could Corto be the Wire we were looking for?

Michael82
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
He's a poor man's Coy Wire. AKA...Camp cut.

mysticsoto
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I think Corto stays. I think he has outplayed Donnie Spragan and might have earned himself a backup spot...

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I think Corto stays. I think he has outplayed Donnie Spragan and might have earned himself a backup spot...'
I think Buggs is outplaying both of them, especially on ST.

mysticsoto
08-25-2008, 01:47 PM
'

Possibly. I haven't noticed him enough on ST to see if that's enough to make a difference. Sizewise, Buggs is a bit small at 5'10" though. Corto is 6'0". They are both on the lighter side, but the Bills probably prefer speed over bulk here as long as they can tackle.

The race may be pretty close, as Corto is almost always around the ball whenever he plays. The next game may be the decider. Let the best man win...the good thing about Corto winning is that we can put Buggs in the PS.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I think Corto stays. I think he has outplayed Donnie Spragan and might have earned himself a backup spot...
he's also had a good camp.

Michael82
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
'
Agreed with that. But I don't see them keeping 7 LBs. Only 6......

Angelo Crowell
Paul Posluszny
Kawika Mitchell
Keith Ellison
John DiGiorgio
Blake Costanzo

gr8slayer
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM

There are those in WNY who have gotten used to mediocrity and have learned to accept it. It's amazing isn't it? Here if we don't win a championship the entire year is considered a complete failure and waste of time, in Buffalo eight wins is a great season, amazing.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Agreed with that. But I don't see them keeping 7 LBs. Only 6......

Blake Costanzo
who is he? Corto's name has been mentioned over this guy.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
There are those in WNY who have gotten used to mediocrity and have learned to accept it. It's amazing isn't it? Here if we don't win a championship the entire year is considered a complete failure and waste of time, in Buffalo eight wins is a great season, amazing.
a cowboys fan agreeing with a browns fan. Imagine that.

bigbub2352
08-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Corto is the type of player who shouldnt make the team, he is a classic tweaner that hurts ur depth as well as keeps a guy around that doesnt do much other than play ST
When the bullitts start to fly he is too small to play LBer and to slow to play S, so he is a wasted roster spot
I do feel for him to be a local kid form a small school, but he gets consumed alot at the line of scrimmage
Buggs has out played both Spragan who is gonna get cut, as well as Banks and Corto, he is the sleeper and is also undersized but makes more plays than both combined
Corto mite be kept again on the PS, and cause he is local i Hope he does

gr8slayer
08-25-2008, 01:53 PM
a cowboys fan agreeing with a browns fan. Imagine that.
A Bills fan being happy with mediocrity, imagine that :ill:

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
A Bills fan being happy with mediocrity, imagine that :ill:
what does observing JOhn Corto's play have to do with any of us accepting mediocrity? No one here said he's the next Urlacher.

BY yours and FTY logic, guys like Fletcher , Peters , Brady would've been done before they could do anything.

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Mediocrity? Some of you people talk like you have a roster full of All Pros.:dizzy: Dig was in the same situation as Cortos a couple of years ago and he ended up being a pretty good depth LB. I guess we should have kicked him to the curb too when he was nothing but garbage and camp fodder.:rolleyes:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Attended Orchard Park High School where he lettered in football and lacrosse…played football for coach Gene Tundo…was captain of both teams his senior year…was named All-American in lax and All-State in football…

College: Sacred Heart

http://buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122784

mybills
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Attended Orchard Park High School where he lettered in football and lacrosse…played football for coach Gene Tundo…was captain of both teams his senior year…was named All-American in lax and All-State in football…

College: Sacred Heart

http://buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122784
I've been keeping my eye on him because my niece went to Sacred Heart with him.
I'm not sure if he'll make the team, but I have to let her know if he does or not.

p.s. I didn't think SH was that small when we went to tour it for my daughter. :idunno:

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 02:47 PM
The whole point is I don't know how one can get excited over a guy who at the very best would be the number 7 LB...I'm being nice with that assessment.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
The whole point is I don't know how one can get excited over a guy who at the very best would be the number 7 LB...I'm being nice with that assessment.

Someone has to be the 7th LB why not Corto?

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Someone has to be the 7th LB why not Corto?

Again, not my point...at best he's the 7th LB he's likely a cut.

My point is I don't get why so many people in the Bills fanbase get excited over guys like this.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
so many people in the Bills fanbase.
could you make a list please

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
The fact that there is a thread about this guy with positive responses about how well he's looked is proof enough.

The Spaz
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
The fact that there is a thread about this guy with positive responses about how well he's looked is proof enough.

There's always going to be the 53rd player on the roster. Maybe some people just root for a guy to make the team. What's the harm in that?

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 03:51 PM
My nipples aren't getting rock hard and ripping through my shirt over this guy, just making some positive observations about his play as of late. He shows some good quickness and instincts that aren't easily taught. There are a lot of players in this league that were undrafted fringe players and went on to be Hall of Famers so never say never. And if you are being nice with your assessment then you obviously haven't been watching this guy too much.

justasportsfan
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
one thread started by a poster who is lactating with inverted nipples means "so many people"?

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 06:28 PM
My nipples aren't getting rock hard and ripping through my shirt over this guy, just making some positive observations about his play as of late. He shows some good quickness and instincts that aren't easily taught. There are a lot of players in this league that were undrafted fringe players and went on to be Hall of Famers so never say never. And if you are being nice with your assessment then you obviously haven't been watching this guy too much.

Really? So you think he's better than one of the these guys?

Mitchell
Spragan
Digi
Poz
Ellison
Crowell

Corto is in a crapshoot with guys like Costanzo and Buggs.

Like I said, him being the 7th LB at best is the realistic assessment and being nice. He very well could be the 10th LB right now.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
one thread started by a poster who is lactating with inverted nipples means "so many people"?

I forgot, you only argue for the sake of arguing so I'll disregard any of your opinions on this thread :up:

mchurchfie
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Really? So you think he's better than one of the these guys?

Mitchell
Spragan
Digi
Poz
Ellison
Crowell

Corto is in a crapshoot with guys like Costanzo and Buggs.

Like I said, him being the 7th LB at best is the realistic assessment and being nice. He very well could be the 10th LB right now.
Okay Bill Polian, thanks for the enlightment.:up:

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Okay Bill Polian, thanks for the enlightment.:up:

Way to revert to sarcasm when asked a question you know you can't possibly put the guy in a positive light. Thanks! :up:

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Can Jon Corto play left tackle?

If the answer is no, I don't care if he makes the team or not.

TigerJ
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
I think Jon Corto is a pretty good young player who almost assuredly will be a victim of numbers and won't make the team.

justasportsfan
08-26-2008, 08:12 AM
I forgot, you only argue for the sake of arguing so I'll disregard any of your opinions on this thread :up:
says the one who yaps and can't come up with names to back himself up .

PromoTheRobot
08-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Isn't Corto an Orchard park kid? How cool is that to go from OPHS to the Bills?

PTR

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Way to revert to sarcasm when asked a question you know you can't possibly put the guy in a positive light. Thanks! :up:
I put him in a positive light right from my first post. I think he shows some good things. Just because I made some positive observations about him doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy a Jon Cortos jersey because I think that he is going to be the next Shane Conlan. Your implications are a lot more sarcastic than anything anyone else has said in this thread when you spout about people blindly accepting mediocrity. Do you honestly think we are that stupid?? You're the one that feels the need to dog him out and compare him with already seasoned veterans. Of course he isn't going to compare, he's still a damn rookie. Its a good thing you aren't running the team, anyone aside of a household name would be cut.:shakeno:

justasportsfan
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I put him in a positive light right from my first post. I think he shows some good things. Just because I made some positive observations about him doesn't mean I'm going to run out and buy a Jon Cortos jersey because I think that he is going to be the next Shane Conlan. Your implications are a lot more sarcastic than anything anyone else has said in this thread when you spout about people blindly accepting mediocrity. Do you honestly think we are that stupid?? You're the one that feels the need to dog him out and compare him with already seasoned veterans. Of course he isn't going to compare, he's still a damn rookie. Its a good thing you aren't running the team, anyone aside of a household name would be cut.:shakeno: FTY will translate this a you being a Corto licker.

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 09:51 AM
FTY will translate this a you being a Corto licker.
I'm surprised that ARC even lets him get on their computer after that last "drooling all over the keyboard" incident.

dannyek71
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Corto is gone. He sucks