PDA

View Full Version : Why we cannot cave on Peters even if it hurts the Bills

Mitchy moo
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
If Peters helps get us a home playoff game, the max money we make from ticket sales is $9 M with ticket sales, concession sales and parking receipts so why in the world would we give up that to Peters for that risk?? He is under contract and the potential for financial gain by overpaying him again is not there, just looking at this strictly from a business standpoint.

Ebenezer
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
If Peters helps get us a home playoff game, the max money we make from ticket sales is $9 M with ticket sales, concession sales and parking receipts so why in the world would we give up that to Peters for that risk?? He is under contract and the potential for financial gain by overpaying him again is not there, just looking at this strictly from a business standpoint.
They have more than enough under the cap to give him money...this has nothing to do with the playoffs. He is under contract and has failed to show up or to show them that he is healed from an injury/surgery. Until he does there can be no negotiating. The guy could weight 400 pounds and have a BMI of 60 for all we know. Get into camp and show you can play and then they can start discussing :$:

trapezeus
08-25-2008, 01:40 PM
the team also gets a cut of the playoff TV revenue which is substantially higher than the $9MM gates cost.

This peters situation will take shape after the first week of regular season. if the bills can play well and can play consistent without him, they'll stick to their guns. Should an injury happen on the OL or the line is being killed, they'll have to go to the bargaining table. you can't have 52 players lose a season and a chance at being better.

gr8slayer
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM
I hope the Bills cut him, we could use another all-pro OT in Dallas and Jones will pay him what he's worth. He doesn't **** his players like Wilson does.

El Guapo
08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
I hope the Bills cut him, we could use another all-pro OT in Dallas and Jones will pay him what he's worth. He doesn't **** his players like Wilson does.

Whose ****ing who here? The Bills are willing to abide by the contract they signed. Peters is the one breaching the contract.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
This subject is getting old. The Bills need to pay Peters. There are plenty of teams that would or will.

The contract stuff is all BS becuase contracts get re-worked all the time.

And I keep hearing this argument that "what if he's hurt, fat, on drugs,....". The Bills aren't going to send him a contract via Fed-ex so this is a lame argument.

RockStar36
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM

Wilson isn't ****ing anybody. Peters is the one who won't get in contact with anyone. Peters is the one who won't show up for one single practice to prove he is fully healed. He knows the Bills policy. I'm willing to bet he isn't fully healed or he would just show up and get his new deal.

Ebenezer
08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
This subject is getting old. The Bills need to pay Peters. There are plenty of teams that would or will.

The contract stuff is all BS becuase contracts get re-worked all the time.

And I keep hearing this argument that "what if he's hurt, fat, on drugs,....". The Bills aren't going to send him a contract via Fed-ex so this is a lame argument.
Would you report if your surgery was botched?

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Would you report if your surgery was botched?

Is it possible that he still hurt? Yes. Would he report hurt if he was making close to market? Yes.

If the surgery is botched he's never getting paid so he would be smarter to come clean. This scenario seems very unlikely in general.

alohabillsfan
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
You have to have another person at the table to actually negotiate!!!

!Papacrunk!
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not trying to be the "told ya so" a-hole (I really don't need to put a lot of effort in that department) but I pulled a Hurrrricane by predicting this when Dockery was given that huge arse contract. At least for you guys, LW's injury wasn't as bad as it could've been.