PDA

View Full Version : How Much Falloff On A Peter-less Line?

raphael120
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Some interesthing things to consider:

Walkers looked pretty good thus far at LT. Pass protection is still awesome. One thing that may help us in the run game is the fact that it looks like we're more willing to go through the air and therefore letting the passing game setup the run game like in the Steelers game.

How much falloff will there be in our offense without Peters? We've heard now that Peters may not plan on showing up until Week 10. This is a very real possibilty that we'll see a Peters-less line for up to 10 weeks now. How much are you worried?

VeggieMan14
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
what was the extent of walkers injury last night?

raphael120
08-25-2008, 02:26 PM
what was the extent of walkers injury last night?

Tis just a flesh wound.

It's a bruise.

VeggieMan14
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Tis just a flesh wound.

It's a bruise.ehh weel be fine without him better with him but we still got some BAMF's up front

camelcowboy
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
should be a public poll :(

ddaryl
08-25-2008, 03:47 PM
obviously so far Peters is not being missed at all.

although we need to get some capable depth in here to offset the year. Even if Peters comes back during week 10 he won't be in any shape to play and will have to learn the playbook... basically he'll be useless

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 03:48 PM
In the passing game there is definitely a drop off...

In the running game not so much, if at all...

I think we'll be ok without him, but having him would definitely be preferable.

THATHURMANATOR
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
I would rather not find out. This pisses me off.

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 03:52 PM

What would be your drop-off in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> if Joe Thomas is out of the lineup? That should be your exact answer for Jason Peters. Don’t get fooled into looking at how Walker/Chambers are doing in preseason against Vanilla defenses that aren’t doing a lot of blitzes and stunts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Peters is up there with Thomas and maybe 1-2 others as the best OT in the NFL. To suggest there isn’t much of a dropoff with him out is totally laughable.<o:p></o:p>

Confused
08-25-2008, 03:53 PM
bell looked ok. As much as it goes againts common knowledge, I think we should trade peters( the more this a-hole holds out the more his value drops) asap for a 1st round pick and draft either Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. It seems stupid, but I think its in the best interest of the team.

Confused
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
What would be your drop-off in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> if Joe Thomas is out of the lineup? That should be your exact answer for Jason Peters. Don’t get fooled into looking at how Walker/Chambers are doing in preseason against Vanilla defenses that aren’t doing a lot of blitzes and stunts.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Peters is up there with Thomas and maybe 1-2 others as the best OT in the NFL. To suggest there isn’t much of a dropoff with him out is totally laughable.<o:p></o:p>

He's as much of an ******* as he his an elite LT. Yes he's great, but he's not coming back. The situation has reached critical mass, I sincerely believe bridges are either burning, or about to be burned. It sux, cuz we need a guy like him, but the writing is on the wall.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 03:58 PM
<o:p> </o:p>

There would be dropoff in the passing game, I totally agree. Peters is an excellent pass blocking LT which is his main purpose. We'll take a few more sacks without him in there, no doubt about it.

I think most fans overrate his run blocking abilities though. I don't think the running game suffers at all without him in the lineup. There has been plenty of discussion about how we ran better last year to the right than the left.

Overall yeah, losing him hurts on offense but honestly with how bad our offense was last year can we possibly get worse with or without him?

And if our offensive totals are better this year, which I completely expect, without him does that mean he's expendable? In my opinion no.

Like I said ultimately it's better if he's here but I don't think the on field production will suffer to a visible extent if he's not.

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
He's as much of an ******* as he his an elite LT. Yes he's great, but he's not coming back. The situation has reached critical mass, I sincerely believe bridges are either burning, or about to be burned. It sux, cuz we need a guy like him, but the writing is on the wall.
I didn’t comment on him from a personal level, because the thread posed the question asking how much of a drop-off there was without him; not how much of a dirt bag he’s become.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Mr. Pink
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
bell looked ok. As much as it goes againts common knowledge, I think we should trade peters( the more this a-hole holds out the more his value drops) asap for a 1st round pick and draft either Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. It seems stupid, but I think its in the best interest of the team.

I still believe you cannot trade a guy of his talent and ability unless you know for 100% sure, positive that he has no desire to play football for the Buffalo Bills ever again.

As far as we know this isn't the case so I cannot take your position on moving him is the right way to go...yet.

I do respect and can see where you're coming from though.

Ed
08-25-2008, 05:03 PM
I think our offense will be better overall, which will make the loss of Peters seem less significant, but I think it will certainly have an impact. We will never really know though, as we won't be able to ever know how much better we could have been with Peters.

As a team we seem to still be improving, whether that be due to schemes, coaching, other guys stepping up, or whatever, but we're losing a ton of talent that we can't replace.

gggbills
08-25-2008, 05:21 PM

Really hard to tell what the drop-off would be until the regular season starts. My guess is the drop-off will be some, but not game changing. And by the way, if he holds out untl the 10th game, I would not give him a new contract in 2008 or 2009. And I think that is the stance the Bills will take. In fact, we have to go out and pick up another tackle off the waiver wire becuase he has not come to work before the Seattle game, I think you will see the Bills really get ugly about this whole thing and he will not see any new money for a VERY LONG TIME

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
who is the one chumpstain that said this line will be better without him?

ESPN Nation polls have more credibility than this one.

Mitchy moo
08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
We could use Peters, regardless of how our pre-season games have looked thus far.

LABillsFan
08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I think if it were last year and Fairdchild was the OC, it would be a huge loss. Pro Bowler I know, but I think Turk has the ability to redesign plays that account for Peters not being there. Nothing like screens and traps to take a DE out of plays.

TigerJ
08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
If Peters is not in the lineup, Buffalo will have to figure that Trent will not have quite as much time when facing some of the better right defensive ends in the NFL. That could limit some of the play calling. It could also affect some of the blocking schemes and the availability of the tight end for running pass routes. The less Buffalo has to do to compensate for holes in the offense, he more weapons they are free to use and the more dangerous and difficult they become for other teams to defend.

njsue
08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Better to be safe with Peter's in the line than risk the problem's with out him.

don137
08-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Peters is screwing everybody with his stance from the team that gave him the chance, the fans starving for a playoff appearance to his teammates that work their tail off. If he pulls this I'm not showing up to week 10 crap just let him know their will be no negotiation next year either. He could ruin his career by pulling this crap. Its not like he has one year left on his contract. He has three years so this could ruin his career.

LtFinFan66
08-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Peter-less line:rofl:

Just doesn't sound right