PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Jauron, I dont play ANYBODY Thursday at all

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:52 PM
The starters have looked good two weeks running and if I'm Dick Jauron, NONE of my starters are seeing the field THursday night.. In fact, I wouldn't even bother to DRESS half my starters.. They can chill on the sidelines in their warmups.

What good can possibly come out of one or two drives? They can remedy whatever in practice.. The injury risk farrrrrrrrrrr surpasses the reward of one good drive.

Can you imagine the hell this team and jauron specifically would go through if Stroud or Lee EVans was to tear a knee on a meaningless last preseason game opening drive

F that.. Plenty of guys have a lot to play for.. NOT our starters.

If I was Jauron I would not even DRESS the following players:
Edwards or Losman (Give Hamden the first half, Baker the second)
Lynch, Jackson or Barnes (let Omon, Hall and Wright split the game)
Evans, Reed, Parrish (I'd dress Hardy becuase he needs the work, and divide reps amongst Jenkins, Huggins and Johnson)
Royal
Walker, Dock, Butler, Chambers (I'd let Fowler dress because I think he's in a secret battle with Preston nobody is talking about)

Stroud, Schobel, Kelsay
Poz, Crowell, mitchell
McGee, Simplson, WHitner, Greer (let the rest of the secondary fight it out)

I don't care if we lost 56-0. I would NOT play ANY of these guys.

Romes
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Agreed, Thursday will be a live tryout for those last few roster spots.

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I also don't cut Fitzgerald tommorow, and I let him kickoff and punt Thursday again and sit Moorman, and only use Lindell for field goals.

patmoran2006
08-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Agreed, Thursday will be a live tryout for those last few roster spots.
yeah, but I"m talking dont even DRESS them. Why bother letting them play for one series?

I don't want to be like the Giants and lose a top guy for the season in a game that couldn't possibly mean any less than it does.

we accomplished our goals for preseason as far as Im concerned.

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 09:04 PM
If Trent's healthy he should get 1 series. Otherwise, he's going into the opener on a 3 1/2 week layoff. He'll be rusty as hell. If he's ready to go, let him try to shake off some of the rust in the preseason when it doesn't matter.

Plus, most of their starting D won't be in there so he shouldn't get killed.

DraftBoy
08-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Id like to see both Hamdan and Baker get a half like you said, also would like to see Hall and Omon split the game too with Wright working as a 3DN back. Also really want to see Huggins, Jenkins, and Mayle play the whole game and see Derek Fine and Derek Schouman play TE the whole game. Id like Bell at LT the entire game, Gaddis at OG, and Id McCargo, Johnson, Ellis, and Copeland to be our DL.

Kenny
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
If Trent's healthy he should get 1 series. Otherwise, he's going into the opener on a 3 1/2 week layoff. He'll be rusty as hell. If he's ready to go, let him try to shake off some of the rust in the preseason when it doesn't matter.

Plus, most of their starting D won't be in there so he shouldn't get killed.

With our luck, he'd get injured.
I'd rather him be rusty in one game, than have him out for 2 or more.

Romes
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Id like to see both Hamdan and Baker get a half like you said, also would like to see Hall and Omon split the game too with Wright working as a 3DN back. Also really want to see Huggins, Jenkins, and Mayle play the whole game and see Derek Fine and Derek Schouman play TE the whole game. Id like Bell at LT the entire game, Gaddis at OG, and Id McCargo, Johnson, Ellis, and Copeland to be our DL.

Yup, add McKelvin and Corner getting serious time also and I completely agree.

OpIv37
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
With our luck, he'd get injured.
I'd rather him be rusty in one game, than have him out for 2 or more.

we can't afford for him to be rusty week 1. We need a fast start.

It's a gamble either way- I'd rather take the outside chance of an injury than the guaranteed rust.

But, it's a moot argument because Jauron is the arch-conservative. He's so risk-adverse that I bet he wears velcro shoes so he doesn't have to worry about potentially tripping over the shoelaces.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
I would sit Peters.:D:

hydro
08-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Why did our only true home preseason game have to be week 4 :ill:

I probably won't stay past the first half. No way I am sticking around just to be tired the next day at work :nono:

yordad
08-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Why isn't this done? I think it is a good idea. Is it that they gotta give the fans one drive?

I think rust is overrated. If you take 10000 snaps in camp, 3 to 12 more aren't gonna do much, IMO.

Oaf
08-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Game reps can have an 10x more impact than practice reps.

What if some sort of formal agreement could be had that QBs on both sides are two hand touch or bear hug? I want to see more from Hardy and Royal. Give Edwards two series.

raphael120
08-25-2008, 11:39 PM
BTW...what the hell happened to Steve Johnson? He's been non-existant. I'm sure he won't do jack in this game Thursday either...wonder if he'll be cut tomorrow.

Oaf
08-26-2008, 02:42 AM
I forgot who it was, but I read somewhere that said it was almost normal to see rookie WRs shine in OTAs and early summer, but diminish considerably as the grind of TC and preseason games went on. The ones that shine throughout are quite rare. That and we haven't been giving him many looks in games, especially against Pitt.

That's a pretty big overreaction, Raphael.

John Doe
08-26-2008, 04:57 AM

I don't think that Bell should play more than 2 quarters. He appears to be a valuable reserve right now. In my opinion, Dustin Dickenson was signed specifically to play in this game to take some of the burden off of the second stringers.

mayotm
08-26-2008, 06:48 AM

Plus, most of their starting D won't be in there so he shouldn't get killed.Personally, I'd prefer that he doesn't play. Especially since Walker is likely out.

Dantheman1280
08-26-2008, 07:15 AM
I say let the starters get one series, minus Evans, Walker, an d Lynch. Give the D one series too.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
we can't afford for him to be rusty week 1. We need a fast start.

It's a gamble either way- I'd rather take the outside chance of an injury than the guaranteed rust.

But, it's a moot argument because Jauron is the arch-conservative. He's so risk-adverse that I bet he wears velcro shoes so he doesn't have to worry about potentially tripping over the shoelaces.

Guarenteed?

Likely perhaps, but guarenteed? A little strong don't you think?

OpIv37
08-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Guarenteed?

Likely perhaps, but guarenteed? A little strong don't you think?

have you ever seen a QB come back from 3 1/2 weeks of no football firing on all cylinders? I sure as hell haven't.

Thurmal
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Edwards a series or two; no Lynch, no Evans.