PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Peters hurt his chances of getting a new deal by sitting out?

Mitchy moo
08-26-2008, 07:12 AM
The O-line looks pretty stout without him and without him being there I think it hurts his chances of getting a new deal done sooner.

FlyingDutchman
08-26-2008, 07:14 AM
since the Bills said that they will not discuss a new deal now, id have to go with yes.

ddaryl
08-26-2008, 07:31 AM
hell yes. Nobody should be rewarded for cutting off communications and absolutly refusing to show up

njsue
08-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Yes. His agent cost him the chance. IMO that agent should be canned.

don137
08-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Everything is congecture and speculation at this point as to what the Bills and Peters camp have said. If he wants a new deal for 2008 and beyond and the Bills are refusing for 2008 I would say he is not hurting himself for 2008 but he is definitely hurting for beyond 2008.

FlyingDutchman
08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
id love to see his agent at a Bills game. I would definately be that ahole that pours a beer on him.

gggbills
08-26-2008, 08:21 AM
The O-line looks pretty stout without him and without him being there I think it hurts his chances of getting a new deal done sooner.

It's only a guess, but I believe that had he showed up at the OTAs and made his feelings known regarding his contract the Bills would have dealt with it in some way right then and there. If not, he could have held out after that and have every right to do so. Everyone knows he is underpaid, the Bills would have responded to avoid the situation they are in right now.

However, based on how I understand it...he simply stopped talking as of late Jan. Not returning phone calls or test messages. That kind of behavior is smilpy not going to work with the Bills. So the long answer to your question is YES, he hurt his chances of getting a new deal.

And God help him if holds out for the season opener, we pick up a another LT off waivers and we actually look good vs. the Seahawks. Then I would say he has hurt his chances BIG TIME

njsue
08-26-2008, 08:22 AM
id love to see his agent at a Bills game. I would definately be that ahole that pours a beer on him.

Oops I lost my balance sorry about the beer. :snicker:

Michael82
08-26-2008, 08:23 AM
It's only a guess, but I believe that had he showed up at the OTAs and made his feelings known regarding his contract the Bills would have dealt with it in some way right then and there. If not, he could have held out after that and have every right to do so. Everyone knows he is underpaid, the Bills would have responded to avoid the situation they are in right now.

However, based on how I understand it...he simply stopped talking as of late Jan. Not returning phone calls or test messages. That kind of behavior is smilpy not going to work with the Bills. So the long answer to your question is YES, he hurt his chances of getting a new deal.

And God help him if holds out for the season opener, we pick up a another LT off waivers and we actually look good vs. the Seahawks. Then I would say he has hurt his chances BIG TIME
Great post! :bf1:

Jan Reimers
08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
He didn't hurt his chances. He killed them.

Wally The Barber
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
I am amazed you guys don't see it for what it is.

An injury

A closer look at his future should that injury become a problem which leads to NO NEW CONTRACT at all!

An Agent that is trying to get a new deal without retesting the injury!

A 3 yr deal remaining that grossly underpays a player at Left Offensive tackle and a player that plays better then his deal.

Are you interested in commiting CAP space to a player without watching him play after an injury?

Not me!

Yes he hurt his chances, The Bills are clearly moving on without him.

I expect reality to play into the situation real soon.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
He didn't hurt his chances. He killed them.

Funny / Sad at the same time.

njsue
08-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Perhaps his common sense will trickle back into his brain to say you need to work to get paid.

PromoTheRobot
08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Peters is screwing himself if he misses a whole season. He will lose $3M+ in salary. He'll owe a half-million in fines which the Bills will not forgive. And he will have lost an entire year of playing time. Parker would have a hard time justifying an "elite" salary for his client. In fact he would be lucky to be signed for $3M by anyone. He would have to show he can play at a Pro Bowl level again. Of course he would be Bills property for years to come. The Bills would never trade him unless someone made an absolutely sick offer like two #1 picks, but that ain't happening. The Bills may suffer some without Peters but Peters will lose millions and give up an NFL career.

So what's the point of sitting out? Oh right...its so his agent, Eugene Parker, can earn some $$$ of his new client. I wonder how Peters will feel when Parker drops him?

PTR

TigerJ
08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes. The holdout has created such bad feelings that Peters may never play for the Bills again.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes. The holdout has created such bad feelings that Peters may never play for the Bills again.

That's the scary part, stupid moves by a player's agent can do that.

njsue
08-26-2008, 11:04 AM

Let's hope this situation comes down to a professional conclusion.

TigerJ
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
We can always hope. We're Bills fans after all.

RockStar36
08-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Absolutely.

I'm now reading that the Bills won't re-do his deal this year but would be open to it next season.

I'm willing to bet, although this is my opinion, that if he showed for TC out of good faith they might have re-done his deal for this season.

Lone Stranger
08-26-2008, 12:13 PM
It is difficult to comprehend Peter's thinking. He gives the impression of not be a very bright person and is totally dominated by his agent. I feel sorry for him since he is being so badly guided.

Michael82
08-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I agree and it really sucks too. :sigh:

PromoTheRobot
08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes. The holdout has created such bad feelings that Peters may never in the NFL again.

Fixed it.

PTR