X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

A problem I see with LOSMAN

I am not interested to get involved in the EDWARDS-LOSMAN debate but warm up your TEBO.

I watched the game over and over and I see one problem that continues to haunt Losman season after season.

His short passes are on the wrong side of the receiver on crossing routes and the receiver has to reach back,regain balance then run and it hurts the flow of the pass pattern.

He also continues to throw dump passes high.

I counted 6 passes that were to the wrong side or high.

I realize it is only preseason but THAT IS WHAT is hurting him weekly!

I guarantee you the coaches see the same problem.

If Losman can improve on that, he would be a MUCH BETTER QB.

Watch the game over and tell me I am wrong (lol)

I write this NOT TO CRITICIZE Losman, its one of the reasons he struggles.

Your opinion is always welcome.
    Last edited by Wally The Barber; 08-26-2008, 11:56 AM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: A problem I see with LOSMAN

Overthrown balls, never looking for the 2nd receiver, holding on too long, misreading defenses, coaches knowing that he cannot understand changing plays at the line competently.......

He looked good against the vanilla defense though but toss in a blitzing safety / corner and he'll be out of sorts real fast.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      Overthrown balls, never looking for the 2nd receiver, holding on too long, misreading defenses, coaches knowing that he cannot understand changing plays at the line competently.......

He looked good against the vanilla defense though but toss in a blitzing safety / corner and he'll be out of sorts real fast.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I thought he looked pretty sharp in Indy... A couple of bad throws, but most were dead on, and perfectly placed. He does throw the occasional off target ball, but most QB's will.

my only concern with Losman is his ability to read D's and get the ball out quickly... but he really seems to have gotten better here this preseason.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ddaryl
          I thought he looked pretty sharp in Indy... A couple of bad throws, but most were dead on, and perfectly placed. He does throw the occasional off target ball, but most QB's will.

my only concern with Losman is his ability to read D's and get the ball out quickly... but he really seems to have gotten better here this preseason.
          I am more concerned with poorly thrown easy passes!
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• njsue
            Jersey Girl!!!!!!
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER
            I am not interested to get involved in the EDWARDS-LOSMAN debate but warm up your TEBO.

I watched the game over and over and I see one problem that continues to haunt Losman season after season.

His short passes are on the wrong side of the receiver on crossing routes and the receiver has to reach back,regain balance then run and it hurts the flow of the pass pattern.

He also continues to throw dump passes to high.

You opinion is always welcome.
            Perhaps the Turk can work that out with Losman. Turk Shonert seems to be a God Send with his play calling. Where has this guy been. We have been stuck watching these idiot O coordinators.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i agree. i remember there was a 3rd down conversion to justin jenkins and he had to reach back and get it. if he was led a bit more, he might have been able to score or pick up more yards.

It's good to get the win though. and if sunday helps his confidence to be able to perform consistently, then sunday was a set in the right direction.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

I saw the same thing....I would keep an eye on it. These are different recievers he is working with and timing must be worked on...but yea I saw it.

Keep an eye on it Thursday...
                I am sure he and the coaches saw it and are addressing it...

He did do improve on some things that are incouraging...he checked out of bad plays...he got rid of the ball when nothing was there a few times...

This is not different then Trent getting balls batted down...they work on these things later after a game...

Originally posted by THE SLAMMER

He also continues to throw dump passes to high.

You opinion is always welcome.
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Skooby

:skooby:
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

TRENT ****ING EDWARDS IS OUR QUARTERBACK STFU ABOUT JP LOSMAN!!!! I don't care if jp plays like joe montana or rob johnson... he isn't our qb, and we shouldn't waste our time on him until he is.

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Actually, this offense could be the best thing that happened to him since it pretty much puts emphasis on JP's weaknesses. His short game showed a lot of improvement and should continue to get better as the season goes on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves
                        TRENT ****ING EDWARDS IS OUR QUARTERBACK STFU ABOUT JP LOSMAN!!!! I don't care if jp plays like joe montana or rob johnson... he isn't our qb, and we shouldn't waste our time on him until he is.

I agree. Lets not talk about Jackson, Wright, Oman , Spencer Johnson, Digiorgio, Ellison, Chambers, etc.etc.or any other back ups on this team.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl

This is not correct, Losman has the same issue that Bledsoe had. Neither of them were very good hitting a reciever in stride unless it was a vertical route. Many of JP's completions had the reciever turned around the wrong way and reduced YAC yards.

This was also the first thing that I noticed with Trent when he took over last year was his ability to hit recievers in stride on crossing routes. That is something that has been missing since probably Flutie.
                          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DrGraves
                            Ut-oh ..........a sore subject with no pain reliever
                            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                              This was also the first thing that I noticed with Trent when he took over last year was his ability to hit recievers in stride on crossing routes. .
                              He's a WCO qb so it's not surprising.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X