• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dman
    Wagon Master
    • Jul 2002

Bills take a chance!!! YES!!

Anyone remember the last time the Bills took a longshot chance at an "injured" RB???

Does the name Thurman Thomas rings any bells??
    Bypassed by every team in the league in the first round...
    then we take a chance..the rest is history. He came in with a chip on his shoulder and proved something to all that had passed him by.

Did anyone watch Willis McGahee play before that "hit"?
    He was the best RB prospect to come out in years...the fastest college and or pro RB. He was a Franchise RB..projected as a 3 or 4 pick. He could break away from tacklers as well as break away from persuit...how many RB's can do that...he can Block and Pass catch with the best of them...
    If the Doctors' are happy with his progress and prognosis..then who am I to doubt their judgement...
    I think we got a real steal...
    Lets' see who's in the Pro Bowl and the league's leading rusher in two years...he's coming in here with an attitude too..

Step Aside..Ricky Williams...here comes Willis McGahee...
    "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???"
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

i dont think we will "see" anything for at least a year.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

I'm a bit worried about his mind. Thurman was an extremely smart player-great out of the backfield, great blitz pick up guy. Always had his finger on the pulse iof the team and did what was necessary-including taking on Kelly
      I'm delighted at McGahees skills, but he's very young and seems really dumb. Not the typical guy the Bills have picked up the last two years. I'll forget about it when he turns an eight yarder into an eighty yarder, but right now, he just doesn't seem like a natural fit, knee excluded.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

I just hope and PRAY that his reconstructed knee can hold up. I have had an ACL injury, and it has made a HUGE difference in my ability to move. Willis had THREE ligaments blown out in his injury. The killer turf at the Ralph is DEATH on knees...I'm afraid that he's going to get hit while making a cut and his reconstructed knee is going to go out for good. Does the name Gale Sayers come to mind?

Comment

• Dman
          Wagon Master
          • Jul 2002

The killer turf at the Ralph is DEATH on knees...

I believe that the "killer turf" will be replaced at the Ralph by Ralph before WM plays here...the FO knows that..

I still love this move
          "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW???"

Comment

• Throne Logic
            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
            • Aug 2002

As DMAN stated to start this thread, "Does the name Thurman Thomas rings any bells??"

Thurman played a couple of years on this turf without any knee issues. Hip pointers, yes. But his knee was fine. Ironically, it took only a couple of games in Joe Robbie to do what a decade in Orchard Park didn't.

Buffalo has already made noise about going to one of the new types of turf that more closely simulate grass.
            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• LABillsFan
              • Aug 2002

Dumb??? I think not. Here's a guy that would have been a top 5 pick, who blows out his knee and gets told you may never play again. He goes through some serious rehab to enter this years draft as he said he would not knowing what the future may hold and has to wait until the 23 pick to get drafted. He has gone through a lot this past year and deserves to be given a chance. He seems quiet like Thurman was and remember, Thurman also said he was going to make teams pay who didn't draft him. As far as the turf or the weather or the injury goes the Bills have an outstanding staff when it comes to rehab and conditioning and if the say he is going to be 100% I believe them.
              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
              X