PDA

View Full Version : One of the Biggest Differences Between Turk and Fairchild

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
“It seems that Turk has that confidence in his players to call those plays,” Losman said. “We had three passes in a row. It’s not just going to be run, run, pass. We’re going to have opportunities.

Queerchild treated his players like little kids and NEVER trusted them. Why would anyone try or be interested in an offense like that.:cynic: Turk is a former player and relates much better, he treats the players like men. I'm sure he gets a lot more respect from them and that can only translate to good things out on the field.

njsue
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
“It seems that Turk has that confidence in his players to call those plays,” Losman said. “We had three passes in a row. It’s not just going to be run, run, pass. We’re going to have opportunities.

Queerchild treated his players like little kids and NEVER trusted them. Why would anyone try or be interested in an offense like that.:cynic: Turk is a former player and relates much better, he treats the players like men. I'm sure he gets a lot more respect from them and that can only translate to good things out on the field.

:cheers: to a great bills season.

justasportsfan
08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Question: 1+1 = ??
Fairchild : "don't answer qbs. I'll answer for you ...11"

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
:cheers: to a great bills season.
:hi5:

Wally The Barber
08-26-2008, 10:25 AM
As soon as you treat them like men, they start crying about a broken MP3 player in their locker...

Jan Reimers
08-26-2008, 10:39 AM
Turk has the smarts to use his players' strengths. If Losman has to play because of injury, you'll probably see a little more wide open attack, versus more of a controlled, short passing game with Trent.

njsue
08-26-2008, 10:43 AM
:pray: Turks schemes make NE defenders look completely befuddled.

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
:pray: Turks schemes make NE defenders look completely befuddled.
:pray:That's a tall order.:ill:

raphael120
08-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Biggest difference?

Turk doesn't enjoy keeping his head up his ass like Fairchild.

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
One thing I like about Turk is that he is attacking defenses instead of letting them dictate what will be run on the offense. With Queerchild he would go for the carrot everytime you dangled it in front of his face.

raphael120
08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
One thing I like about Turk is that he is attacking defenses instead of letting them dictate what will be run on the offense. With Queerchild he would go for the carrot everytime you dangled it in front of his face.

Yeah, we attack instead of waiting for something to happen. We were a reactive offense last year, we were dictated to, not the other way around.

njsue
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM

Finally we have an OC that will challenge the opposition D. I hope he schemes to light up Cheatriots.

NE has an OLD DEFENSE still. Trust me Old Defenses get real tired. Look at this past SB. The Giants went right at them which is what I expect Turk to do. :snicker:

acehole
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
This post is so refreshing.... I am glad people are seeing what I am seeing and that Fairchild was a huge part in our offensive woes last year...one reason he is not in the NFL anymore.....

I for one thank the Lord Jesus Christ he is gone.

njsue
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
This post is so refreshing.... I am glad people are seeing what I am seeing and that Fairchild was a huge part in our offensive woes last year...one reason he is not in the NFL anymore.....

I for one thank the Lord Jesus Christ he is gone.

One could say that Fairchild was the weakest link in the offensive production.

RockStar36
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
The biggest different I noticed was that one of them had his head up his ass.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2008, 11:42 AM
It's only pre-season. Turks offense needs to produce in the regular season or he will be just another Fairchild/Murlarkey.

And for the record in 3 pre-season games the Bills offense has scored 44 points. 14.6 Points per game. 4 TDs, 5 FG's. That's really nothing to brag about. .

njsue
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
It's only pre-season. Turks offense needs to produce in the regular season or he will be just another Fairchild/Murlarkey.

We can already see the difference in the playcalling.

Turk won't show the NFL world all his offensive tricks. :;

TacklingDummy
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Turk won't show the NFL world all his offensive tricks. :;

I heard the samething last pre-season.

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
It's only pre-season.
Yeah, but you can't deny that the flow of the offense is much improved over previous years in the preseason. We have to start somewhere.

njsue
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I heard the samething last pre-season.

The light at the end of the dark dismal tunnel has finally arrived in Turk Shonert.

RockStar36
08-26-2008, 11:54 AM

And for the record in 3 pre-season games the Bills offense has scored 44 points. 14.6 Points per game. 4 TDs, 5 FG's. That's really nothing to brag about. .

However, don't you think it would've been more if they didn't yank the starters at halftime?

mchurchfie
08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Under Jauron, with his keep it close to the vest philosophy 14.6 points might be enough in a lot of games anyways.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
However, don't you think it would've been more if they didn't yank the starters at halftime?

All is equal considering the Bills 2nd string was playing their opponents 2nd string and the Bills 1st string wasn't playing other teams complete first string.

Plus like I said, good or bad, it's only pre-season. I'll hold off judgement until the regular season.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but you can't deny that the flow of the offense is much improved over previous years in the preseason. We have to start somewhere.

We were good at getting into field goal range last year also.

mayotm
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM

The first team offense had 2 TD's in 2 possessions against Pittsburgh. Inclduing a 90+ yard drive. The first team offense with JP had a TD and a FQ in three possessions against Indy including a 90+ yard drive. Yes, it's only pre-season, but that's the only thing we currently have to judge this team on. At no point last season (regular or pre-season) did the offense look this efficient.

justasportsfan
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM

:rofl:

All of a sudden it's not about the wins just because it's preseason?

Dummy, you can't control the scores in preseason since its basically tryouts. Stats don't mean much in preseason but you at least want to see some progress both in playcalling and execution which seems to be better SO FAR.

dasaybz
08-26-2008, 01:48 PM
All we need to know about Fairchild is evident in the Dallas game.

He should have just packed his bags and left after that game.

The Spaz
08-26-2008, 01:54 PM
The difference? One's smart and one's dumb?:snicker:

elsocio
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
14.6 for the starters is not that bad you know... remeber they are only playing one half or less so to me 14.6 x 2 = 29.2 a game is not bad at all