• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Bills Have Blueprint in Place

I'm so good at finding this stuff. I love networking.
    Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

The Buffalo Bills might have just figured out who they are after Sunday night’s game in Indy. Go ahead, tell me how Peyton Manning and even Jim Sorgi didn’t play (a story in itself). However, neither did the Bills starter at QB, Trent Edwards. Besides, even though the rest of the Colts’ stars were on the field for the grand opening of their new park Lucas Oil Stadium (which looks like the sweetest place in the league), this is about what the Bills did on the field as a team. I watched the game, but all you have to do is check out the box score to see how dominant the Bills’ were in a game where the score (20-7) didn’t tell the whole story. Buffalo controlled the ball for almost 43 minutes, went 10-18 on 3rd down, and forced five turnovers while giving up none in return. Folks, this is how you win football games– at any level. So, what has changed from last year to this year to make me take the time to write this? Actually, it is quite simple.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Bills Have Blueprint in Place

I can't get the link to work, it just keeps trying to connect and then times out.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Bills Have Blueprint In Place

The Buffalo Bills might have just figured out who they are after Sunday night’s game in Indy. Go ahead, tell me how Peyton Manning and even Jim Sorgi didn’t play (a story in itself). However, neither did the Bills starter at QB, Trent Edwards. Besides, even though the rest of the Colts’ stars were on the field for the grand opening of their new park Lucas Oil Stadium (which looks like the sweetest place in the league), this is about what the Bills did on the field as a team. I watched the game, but all you have to do is check out the box score to see how dominant the Bills’ were in a game where the score (20-7) didn’t tell the whole story. Buffalo controlled the ball for almost 43 minutes, went 10-18 on 3rd down, and forced five turnovers while giving up none in return. Folks, this is how you win football games– at any level. So, what has changed from last year to this year to make me take the time to write this? Actually, it is quite simple.
      First, the Bills have handed over the offense to Turk Schonert. Last year’s version of the greatest show on turf from coordinator Steve Fairchild is gone, departed to Colorado State and the college ranks. Western New York in November and January is no place to run a dome offense. Second, defensive coordinator Perry Fewell has finally gotten his players to buy into the Tampa 2 scheme, which is a turnover machine when run correctly. Third, in the Dick Juron era the Bills have drafted well and targeted specific free agents, acquiring players that not only fit their schemes, but more importantly, fit the locker room. Buffalo doesn’t bring in “me” guys, instead going after the right guy for the team. There is something to be said for that particular level of player evaluation. Although it might not bring immediate success, it does eventually fit into the team’s plans, and when it does it is a very interesting thing to watch. Finally, this team plays special teams with an attitude, thanks to coach Bobby April. They take immense pride in the kicking game.
      Above all of this is Dick Juron, and I’m not using the company line here (disclosure: he cut me when it was all said and done– so I bear no allegiance to the franchise). This guy is the top coach in this league when it comes to building a team. He won in Chicago, and would have kept winning, but Chicago and their media don’t have the patience to settle for what it takes to build teams. And building a team is exactly what he is doing out on the banks of Lake Erie. The Bills are young, talented, and coached well– a lethal combination. Their game plan is simple– control the ball and force turnovers on defense. To me, it sounds like the exact type of plan that occurs down south in Tampa, and it has been working there for years. I’m not saying this is a definite playoff team, but the timing is right for such a thing to happen.
      Look for a defense that causes turnovers (and scores TDs), an outstanding return game and coverage units, and an offense that has big-play capability with Edwards, Lynch, and Evans, but also knows how to grind it out and control the clock. The Patriots might still be the top dogs in the AFC East, and the Jets may have Brett Favre, but Buffalo has a team, and players who play within the team usually have success. Can you imagine playoff football back on the angry shores of Lake Erie?
      Only time will tell– but the blueprint is there.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Is this the Matt Bowen that was a S in the NFL? I thought it was a pretty good article.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

is this the same Matt Bowen that was cut by us???? ha

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
            is this the same Matt Bowen that was cut by us???? ha
            o wow it is...should have finished the article

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Yes, and he was Marv Levy’s first free agent signee.

Great Job, Marvin!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Yes, and he was Marv Levy’s first free agent signee.

Great Job, Marvin!
                Well the move didn't hurt us either so....lol.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Great article except for the line of "Buffalo doesn’t bring in “me” guys, instead going after the right guy for the team." I guess he forgot about Peters.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by don137
                    Great article except for the line of "Buffalo doesn’t bring in “me” guys, instead going after the right guy for the team." I guess he forgot about Peters.
                    Peters got himself the wrong agent IMO.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

I remember when Bowen was in here in training camp he would write blogs and Chris Brown said he was an aspiring writer. Well, at least he's still in football even if its writing about it. But one of the many busts in the first Marv FA.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Bills Have Blueprint In Place

Above all of this is Dick Juron, and I’m not using the company line here (disclosure: he cut me when it was all said and done– so I bear no allegiance to the franchise). This guy is the top coach in this league when it comes to building a team. He won in Chicago, and would have kept winning, but Chicago and their media don’t have the patience to settle for what it takes to build teams.

Are you kidding me? I won't criticize Jauron unnecessarily, but that statement is beyond foolish.

He's not even the best in the AFC East.

Comment

• elsocio
                          • Oct 2007

Good Read! Thanks man!!!!

And it is totally right... TEAM... We are a TEAM and we will get the W as a TEAM!

I learned that when I played football... we were the smallest (size and number) but we played with heart and as a group, ZERO "me" guys...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

If "Juron" is so great, why can't the author spell his name correctly?
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Maybe the A stuck...
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X