PDA

View Full Version : Fine joins Schouman.

Oaf
08-26-2008, 02:12 PM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3913

:ill:

Busted thumb. Great. Schouman looks to be Q for the opener, Fine looks to be further behind.

What do we got to do to get a competent TE here? Here's to hoping that Royal can be a factor in more than one game this season.

bigbub2352
08-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Time to look at the waiver wire, otherwise it is Royal ,Massaqoui and anderson

Michael82
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Looks like the injury bug from last year is still attached to this team. :ill:

raphael120
08-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Ugh...lemme hit the weights hard for a few weeks and I'll head up to the Ralph and try out.

Jaybird
08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Royal better be the man at tight end this year

yordad
08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Ugh...lemme hit the weights hard for a few weeks and I'll head up to the Ralph and try out.No. Get up there Now! We need ya. Wait... how big are you?

Lexwhat
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Are we supposed to consider this a loss or something?

The only reason he's not gonna be cut is because he's a 4th round pick.

The Spaz
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Uhhh yeah that's it...:poop:

Tatonka
08-26-2008, 03:03 PM

that is an excellent point.. not that he would get cut, but that he has done zero to contribute to the team thus far in the preseason and it was highly unlikely that he was going to have any kind of significant role outside of special teams anyways.. schouman will be back soon enough.. and this injury may mean that anderson has made teh team.

Michael82
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM

Derek Fine was impressing at camp. I have feeling that he was going to be really good in special teams and push Royal by the end of the season.

Lexwhat
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Derek Fine was impressing at camp. I have feeling that he was going to be really good in special teams and push Royal by the end of the season.

I see, I wasn't aware about TC. Thanks.

I was following the pre-season games though, and I wasn't that impressed. However, if he can be a special teams asset, I take back what I said.

John Doe
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM

I thought that Fine would be game day active every week - a really useful player because of his versatility.

The team lost a lot of its core special teams players - guys that were good at only one thing. When healthy, Fine is a player that will be on the field for every special teams snap and for a lot of two-tight end sets.

On the other hand, a guy like Anderson is totally one-dimensional.

patmoran2006
08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
This probably puts Courtney Anderson on the 53-man roster.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Ugh.

Why the injuries at one or two positions again? They are all at TE and OL. (specifically OT).

mysticsoto
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM

At TE, I think Schouman was impressing the most. But regardless, the injuries they have don't sound long term...if there not there for the 1st game, yeah that'll suck...but from the sounds of it, they'll be back shortly after...

Michael82
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
At TE, I think Schouman was impressing the most. But regardless, the injuries they have don't sound long term...if there not there for the 1st game, yeah that'll suck...but from the sounds of it, they'll be back shortly after...
Schouman was impressing the most, but he got bit by the injury bug towards the end of camp. Fine actually saw a lot of time in training camp. They seemed to really like him and I like what I saw from him too.

Oaf
08-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Fine was getting limited first team reps last I heard. I saw him open three times against the Colts but he didn't get a look. Whatever you may think about him, it's a pretty significant hit to an already pitiful group.

DraftBoy
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Thumbs are tricky injuries for WR and TE's too because they need them fully healthy to be successful. Lets hope he gives it adequate time and it fully recovers.

Michael82
08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Fine was getting limited first team reps last I heard. I saw him open three times against the Colts but he didn't get a look. Whatever you may think about him, it's a pretty significant hit to an already pitiful group.
Agreed and I was one who didn't think either Anderson or that other guy were going to make the roster. Now they might have to. This just made it harder to keep 6 CBs IMO.

Mitchell55
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Dont mean to sound like im mean or anything. But if there out, its only 2 TEs. Maybe we get the NO saints former TE. Forgot his name. Eric Johnson?

Wally The Barber
08-26-2008, 05:20 PM
I am more then happy with Royal.

So, you prefer to add a wavier wire player when you just drafted a TE?

A broken thumb is hardly a reason to go dumping talent......... now is it?
Sorry, makes no sense to me.