PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to post this yesterday - we got some respect here in Indy

realdealryan
08-26-2008, 05:46 PM
For all the Rodney Dangerfields out there, a quick recent Super Bowl winning market look-

The local Indy radio jock lunch crew yesterday said that "if the Colts would have come back and made it a game towards the end, it would have been a disservice, because ones versus ones, they kicked our butt." Even if the NFLN crew can't pronounce half of the Bills' names correctly or shut up about negotiations with Peterlicker, the local media took notice of the Bills.

They were pissed that we were missing a few starters and their defense (with Indianapolis' version of Bruschi, Bob Sanders = GOD) still looked TERRIBLE. And most of the Colts fans are very afraid of Peyton being out for a few games, essentially the equivalent of 15 years ago if Jim Kelly had Rob Johnson backing him up instead of Frank Reich. Salt in the wound, too, when I let them know the guy who jumped across the goalline on the ten-minute drive played DIV-II ball last year.

Might be old news, but I feel good when we can crap on the Colts in their stadium opener when EVERYONE except Peyton is playing. Also, when Terrence McGee comes to Indianapolis, he always returns a fumble for a touchdown, apparently. He did that right in front of our seats 2 years ago, too.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
You hold a previous SB / playoff team every year forever to ~13 minutes controlling the ball, you're making a statement. I don't care if it's the preseason or not, a statement was made on the field.

Confused
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
And begin.....