JerseyBoofaloBills
08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Boof ???

boof?

Mitchy moo
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6455
Only 4 series, 31 snaps?

If the definition of "ready" is to have a high level of success in the NFL, yes.

ublinkwescore
08-27-2008, 12:44 AM
His preparedness is a certainty.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-27-2008, 03:42 AM
Do you want him ready to play in the preseason or in the regular season?

He needs to practice. It would be great if he could get some "live fire" practice in the preseason. But, I wouldn't risk his availability to play once the games start to actually count by putting him in a meaningless "live fire" practice game, when he can practice more safely against his own teammates in more structured practice sessions leading up to the season opener.

IMHO the same also applies to Hardy and Parrish (even though Hardy would really benefit a lot from getting some more "live fire" practice before the season starts).

im4bflo
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
I don't think any of the players mentioned above, are anywhere near as prepared as they should be. We've installed a new offense, and injury has limited a lot of practice, especially live practice with another team. That's not good!
The starters usually don't play the last preseason game, so that's all the game practice they get.
But what's going to save us again, is our DEFENSE! Otherwise, we're in trouble.
GO BILLS!

LABillsFan
08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
If the Colts game is any indication, the team as a whole will be ready. Parrish has been around long enough to jump right in. Hardy does need work but I think by game 2 or 3 he'll be in full swing and will be more of an added asset rather than a necessity for the first game.

Edwards will be fine. It's not like last season coming off the bench in the first game. He's had last years games, the OTA's and 2 preseason games. I think he'll be fine.

LABillsFan
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM
I would have liked to see the Bills find a new scrimmage partner this year.

im4bflo
08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
If the Colts game is any indication, the team as a whole will be ready. Parrish has been around long enough to jump right in. Hardy does need work but I think by game 2 or 3 he'll be in full swing and will be more of an added asset rather than a necessity for the first game.

Edwards will be fine. It's not like last season coming off the bench in the first game. He's had last years games, the OTA's and 2 preseason games. I think he'll be fine.

I hope your right!

OpIv37
08-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Do you want him ready to play in the preseason or in the regular season?

He needs to practice. It would be great if he could get some "live fire" practice in the preseason. But, I wouldn't risk his availability to play once the games start to actually count by putting him in a meaningless "live fire" practice game, when he can practice more safely against his own teammates in more structured practice sessions leading up to the season opener.

IMHO the same also applies to Hardy and Parrish (even though Hardy would really benefit a lot from getting some more "live fire" practice before the season starts).

6 on one hand, a half dozen on the other. "Not there" isn't necessarily better than "there but not prepared".